Critical Skills List

Old Feb 6th 2009, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

eurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to all
Default Re: Critical Skills List

Originally Posted by johnknight001
Out of interest does anybody know when 175 visas on CSL and MODL will be looked at, i read around mid feb, but does that mean they will drop state sponsered to look at 175, any ideas what they will do?
john
With respect to timing.. everything is unsure and I guess we all have to sit tight longer.

This interesting post shows a bit more tho: first tranche (whatever that may be) for state and territory sponsored applications completed. Allocation of CO's to CSL applications has not yet commenced, but will start with August 2007 applications.

Cheers,
Sylvia
Old Feb 6th 2009, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
This is only a (relatively informed) guess, but I anticipate that once the State/Territory Sponsored 176 and 475 applications have been assessed case officers will be allocated the next batch of applications from the priority list - ie those with CSL occupations.

Those applications will then be assessed, and in the meantime I would expect (though please don't hold me to this) that any State/Territory applications that are submitted subsequently will be processed quickly by a smaller team of case officers.

In the meantime the processing centre will be monitoring visa grant numbers against the program total expected to be delivered for the 2008/09 year.

If there are still visas available from the 2008/09 program year after the CSL applications have been assessed with a view to grant in this year the processing centre will move onto the MODL occupations.

Best regards.
Thanks Allan
out of interest what is your opinion of people trying to jump from a 175 to 176 state sponsered? do you think it will speed things up, im of the thinking that because i applied in sept last year for a 175 that it is not worth going over.
john
Old Feb 6th 2009, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

eurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to all

Originally Posted by johnknight001
Thanks Allan
out of interest what is your opinion of people trying to jump from a 175 to 176 state sponsered? do you think it will speed things up, im of the thinking that because i applied in sept last year for a 175 that it is not worth going over.
john
Seems that VIC is now bouncing those applications, other states may follow their example to stop the flood of applications while the applicant is already eligible for skilled migration. See this post.
Old Feb 6th 2009, 11:55 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

If you can secure State or Territory sponsorship - go for it. We are seeing such applications processed quickly.

The Minister may reduce the skilled program fairly significantly - and if he does who knows how long your application (as a non sponsored application) will take to be processed.

Best regards.
Old Feb 7th 2009, 7:51 am
Just Joined

karan is an unknown quantity at this point

This is only a (relatively informed) guess, but I anticipate that once the State/Territory Sponsored 176 and 475 applications have been assessed case officers will be allocated the next batch of applications from the priority list - ie those with CSL occupations.

Those applications will then be assessed, and in the meantime I would expect (though please don't hold me to this) that any State/Territory applications that are submitted subsequently will be processed quickly by a smaller team of case officers.

In the meantime the processing centre will be monitoring visa grant numbers against the program total expected to be delivered for the 2008/09 year.

If there are still visas available from the 2008/09 program year after the CSL applications have been assessed with a view to grant in this year the processing centre will move onto the MODL occupations.

Best regards.
Hi Alan,
I've applied for a 176 state sponsored visa my occupation is on the csl and modl list however it was lodged as a paperbased application in sept 08. I am woundering how long they are taking to process in comparison to on line applications.
Thankyou Karan.
Old Feb 7th 2009, 10:51 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Karan.

We don't lodge paper based applications so I cannot comment - beyond noting that the Minister's Direction does not distinguish between e-lodged and paper applications so there should be no prioritisation of one over the other in future.

Best regards.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 6:49 am
Just Joined

karan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Karan.

We don't lodge paper based applications so I cannot comment - beyond noting that the Minister's Direction does not distinguish between e-lodged and paper applications so there should be no prioritisation of one over the other in future.

Best regards.
Hi Alan,
Thank you for your reply i suppose we'll just have to sit tight and wait
thank's Karan
Old Feb 8th 2009, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Hate to vent like this but the whole change in processing priorty has really annoyed me. We submitted a 175 in Oct 08 and because of the change in rules we now like many other face the prospect of going to the back of the pile because we are not CSL/MODL/State Sponsored.

Sure we are going to have to wait now, but DIAC can't say how long and whats to stop them changing the rules again in 6 months which will put us even further down the list. They should at least processes current lodged apps according to what order they were sent in and not change there mind like this.

Not happy
Old Feb 8th 2009, 12:00 pm
Axe
Forum Regular

Axe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud of

Hi Andy,

If you applied in Oct 08, before the rule changes you would have been unlikely to have got your Visa before Aug 09. Nobody knows for sure, but I'd hazard a guess you're still on about the same timeline. I feel more sorry for applicants from Early 08 who should have been due for a Visa about now and now could be 8-10 months slower.

You also have to remember that DIAC really aren't worried about your situation... they are there to look after Australia and what Australia needs, and your needs are entirely coincidental.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Axe
Hi Andy,

If you applied in Oct 08, before the rule changes you would have been unlikely to have got your Visa before Aug 09. Nobody knows for sure, but I'd hazard a guess you're still on about the same timeline. I feel more sorry for applicants from Early 08 who should have been due for a Visa about now and now could be 8-10 months slower.

You also have to remember that DIAC really aren't worried about your situation... they are there to look after Australia and what Australia needs, and your needs are entirely coincidental.
Oh no I agree what you say about australia looking after australia etc. Its just frustrating like you that its happening and putting everyones timelines behind. There doesn't seem to be any ryhme or reason when the apps gets processed at the moment.

One chap on the forum who applied for his 175 (none csl/modl) in August had his granted in December. He was as shocked as anyone when he got a CO and visa grant thorugh so quickly, but like you say people from early 08 really are suffering.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by AndyR
Hate to vent like this but the whole change in processing priorty has really annoyed me. We submitted a 175 in Oct 08 and because of the change in rules we now like many other face the prospect of going to the back of the pile because we are not CSL/MODL/State Sponsored.

Sure we are going to have to wait now, but DIAC can't say how long and whats to stop them changing the rules again in 6 months which will put us even further down the list. They should at least processes current lodged apps according to what order they were sent in and not change there mind like this.

Not happy
I would say a lot of people feel like you......... but if you really want the waiting to be over.............I think you can apply for ENS with out paying another application charge see FAQ 10 on attached document.

I think you just need a sponsor and a new application form.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
FAQ fo SM.pdf (59.1 KB, 139 views)
Old Feb 9th 2009, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
I would say a lot of people feel like you......... but if you really want the waiting to be over.............I think you can apply for ENS with out paying another application charge see FAQ 10 on attached document.

I think you just need a sponsor and a new application form.
Thanks, have tried finding a sponsor before and no joy so may just have to wait it out.

Saw on the processing time thread today that someone who submitted a 176 state sponsored visa 2 weeks ago has already got a case officer! Dam thats quick!
Old Feb 9th 2009, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

mb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nice

Not happy

I am in the same predicatment as you Andy. Our nominated occupation is neither on the STNI\MODL\CSL list. We applied in Mar '08....totally gutted now.

We waited for 10 months hoping things would move by March '09 & then BOOOOMMM.....DIAC changes it's processing priorities. Now we don't know at all what's in store for us GSM applicants

We all understand that the decisions are not individual need based but nevertheless it feels like a huge let down on our future plans
Old Feb 9th 2009, 5:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mb_jg
I am in the same predicatment as you Andy. Our nominated occupation is neither on the STNI\MODL\CSL list. We applied in Mar '08....totally gutted now.

We waited for 10 months hoping things would move by March '09 & then BOOOOMMM.....DIAC changes it's processing priorities. Now we don't know at all what's in store for us GSM applicants

We all understand that the decisions are not individual need based but nevertheless it feels like a huge let down on our future plans
Know how you feel

Have been following people on beupdate and looking at timescales it seemed 8-10 months was the average for 175 being granted so we were working on that. Now it looks like it could be a piece of string which is a real let down.

We were planning on going to Oz in May anyway on a Working Holiday Visa while we wait for out 175 to get approved. We are now having to look at what might happen should the WHV run out because of the unknown with processing times, thankfully though we're both young enough to be able to get a NZ WHV at the end so could go there. Kind of makes a mockery of the whole visa process though this does. I mean you pay your £1000 for the visa and you see nothing for whatever length DIAC decide to leave it. Hate to be moaning about Oz before we even get there
Old Feb 9th 2009, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Know how you feel

Have been following people on beupdate and looking at timescales it seemed 8-10 months was the average for 175 being granted so we were working on that. Now it looks like it could be a piece of string which is a real let down.

We were planning on going to Oz in May anyway on a Working Holiday Visa while we wait for out 175 to get approved. We are now having to look at what might happen should the WHV run out because of the unknown with processing times, thankfully though we're both young enough to be able to get a NZ WHV at the end so could go there. Kind of makes a mockery of the whole visa process though this does. I mean you pay your £1000 for the visa and you see nothing for whatever length DIAC decide to leave it. Hate to be moaning about Oz before we even get there
You can get a second year WHV if you do a 3 month stint working in a rural area, It does not have to be picking fruit either. Two of my friends are carpenters and they worked in Lithgow in the Blue mountains for about 3 months and that got them a second year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.