Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

CriminalHistory Check from the USA for a 175 visa

Wikiposts

CriminalHistory Check from the USA for a 175 visa

Old May 19th 2009, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

spsspence will become famous soon enoughspsspence will become famous soon enough
Default CriminalHistory Check from the USA for a 175 visa

Hi there,

I now have my Case Officer and have the requests for the PCC's one of which is for the USA, has anyone else done one of these?

Did you have to go up to London to get officail finger prints done and all that?

This one seems like it may take some time.

Cheers,

Spencer.
Old May 19th 2009, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

mitesh82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CriminalHistory Check from the USA for a 175 visa

to get pcc from USA you have to download fingerprint form from official FBI website.

Take this form to professional fingerprint person in your town and than take yours in the form and send it to the FBI office in USA with all required documents.

You will get your record history from FBI within a month or so...

below is the link which may be helpful for more info..

www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.htm
Old May 19th 2009, 5:18 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spsspence
Hi there,

I now have my Case Officer and have the requests for the PCC's one of which is for the USA, has anyone else done one of these?

Did you have to go up to London to get officail finger prints done and all that?

This one seems like it may take some time.

Cheers,

Spencer.
be sure to cut a check in US Dollars.
Old May 19th 2009, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

spsspence will become famous soon enoughspsspence will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the info, that seems amazingly painless. Sadly the Dutch one I need to do is a great deal harder, and there I was expecting the US to be the tricky one. Lol.

Hey New Jersey, are you from there btw? I lived in Hoboken for about 18 months, loved it! Worked in parsippany, what a pita drive that was every morning.

Spencer.
Old May 19th 2009, 11:37 pm
CDM
BE Enthusiast

CDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mitesh82
to get pcc from USA you have to download fingerprint form from official FBI website.

Take this form to professional fingerprint person in your town and than take yours in the form and send it to the FBI office in USA with all required documents.

You will get your record history from FBI within a month or so...

below is the link which may be helpful for more info..

www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.htm
Although you can download the FBI fingerprint card and put your own finger prints on it for return to them, I found the quality to be questionable and was worried that it might be rejected by the FBI (and thus a waste of time).

Apparently, some Police Stations in the UK will allow you to come in to get your finger prints done onto their own fingerprint cards by the professionals (£20/person).

I'm not sure if the FBI would accept a UK fingerprint card of whether they would demand using their own downloadable version so it might be worth checking - as I will now do since I'll need to do this shortly too.

- CDM
Old May 19th 2009, 11:54 pm
CDM
BE Enthusiast

CDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CDM
Although you can download the FBI fingerprint card and put your own finger prints on it for return to them, I found the quality to be questionable and was worried that it might be rejected by the FBI (and thus a waste of time).

Apparently, some Police Stations in the UK will allow you to come in to get your finger prints done onto their own fingerprint cards by the professionals (£20/person).

I'm not sure if the FBI would accept a UK fingerprint card of whether they would demand using their own downloadable version so it might be worth checking - as I will now do since I'll need to do this shortly too.

- CDM
Just to follow-up on my own reply. I just called the FBI office in London (0207 894 0007) and they are going to send me a couple of their fingerprint cards so that I can take them to my local police station to get the fingerprints done. The woman on the phone seemed to know exactly what she was talking about and said it would be fine to take their fingerprints cards to the police here in the UK.

- CDM
Old May 19th 2009, 11:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

scaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to all

Hi All,

I was about to create a thread for the same and just saw this one...

If I am residing on US, do I need a State Police clearance also? CO requested only FBI fingerprint check.

Please see below:

Residents

Residents of the USA will need to provide

both a Criminal History Record Check (as

per the procedures above) and also obtain a

State Police clearance document from each

state of residence in the past 12 months

Relevant document – Clearance Letter/s

Apply in person or by mail to Local or State Police

Department, depending on the procedure

used in that state

This is on page 15.

Their definition of "resident" is on the first page:

Note: The term ‘residents’ under each country listing refers to

applicants who are currently residing in that particular

country.

Am I stressing out for no reason???

-scaria197
Old May 19th 2009, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

scaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to all

sorry forgot to mention the form number it is form 47P
Old May 20th 2009, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

mitesh82 is an unknown quantity at this point

you will need to get only FBI check..no need to go for state clearance..

that works for me..
Old May 20th 2009, 1:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks mitesh82. Which part of US are you in?

Me in NC.
Old May 20th 2009, 3:33 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The FBI can and will reject prints unless they are on an FBI form. We had to turn people away when they used to come for their prints to be taken, unless they had their FBI form with them.
Old May 20th 2009, 4:35 am
CDM
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The FBI can and will reject prints unless they are on an FBI form. We had to turn people away when they used to come for their prints to be taken, unless they had their FBI form with them.
This is exactly the sort of detail that I wish would find its way onto a FAQ or somewhere that people can readily access. This forum is riddled with people asking seemingly and deceptively simple questions that different people will have different 'obvious' answers to.

It's amazing how many legitimate questions arrise from something that on the surface can initially seem quite straight forward.

- CDM
Old May 20th 2009, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CDM
This is exactly the sort of detail that I wish would find its way onto a FAQ or somewhere that people can readily access. This forum is riddled with people asking seemingly and deceptively simple questions that different people will have different 'obvious' answers to.

It's amazing how many legitimate questions arrise from something that on the surface can initially seem quite straight forward.

- CDM
That's what the wiki is for. If it's missing something that you think should be on there, then add it.

Cheers

Steve
Old May 20th 2009, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CDM
Just to follow-up on my own reply. I just called the FBI office in London (0207 894 0007) and they are going to send me a couple of their fingerprint cards so that I can take them to my local police station to get the fingerprints done. The woman on the phone seemed to know exactly what she was talking about and said it would be fine to take their fingerprints cards to the police here in the UK.

- CDM
What a star, thanks for the follow up, phone call for me later as well, I was wondering looking at the downloadable one.

If I have the right forms will most Police stations be able to do the prints then, or do I have to go to a special one for this?

Cheers,

Spencer.
Old May 20th 2009, 10:06 pm
CDM
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spsspence
What a star, thanks for the follow up, phone call for me later as well, I was wondering looking at the downloadable one.

If I have the right forms will most Police stations be able to do the prints then, or do I have to go to a special one for this?

Cheers,

Spencer.
Here's an extract from an e-mail I got from the police previously on this issue of getting your fingerprints taken (this was 1 year ago and relates specifically to the Essex police):

There is a set national policy on this issue, and the procedure requires you to write to me at Police HQ, PO Box 2, Springfield, Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 6DA. Your letter should contain your contact details and a cheque or postal order for £20 for each person requiring fingerprinting, made payable to 'Essex Police'.

On receipt of your letter and cheque my secretary will contact you to make a suitable time and date for you and your wife to attend any of the following seven police stations, Clacton, Colchester, Chelmsford, Harlow, Southend, Basildon or Grays.

I would imaging that the same policy in in effect for other counties too.

- CDM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.