A couple of questions on visa 100

Old Nov 4th 2018, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

Alyonk@ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A couple of questions on visa 100

Hi all,

I have a couple of questions regarding visa 100 and would much appreciate if someone could clarify them.

1) After I was granted with visa 309 I applied on visa 100 as was required.
After I applied on visa 100 and I got pregnant. Surely, once I have my child I will upload the birth certificate. Is there anything else I will have to upload on my immiaccount for newborn baby?

2) When I was granted with visa 309, in my grant letter I had a condition of "First Entry Before ...". Is there the same condition for visa 100?

Regards
Old Nov 4th 2018, 4:20 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A couple of questions on visa 100

Originally Posted by Alyonk@
Hi all,

I have a couple of questions regarding visa 100 and would much appreciate if someone could clarify them.

1) After I was granted with visa 309 I applied on visa 100 as was required.
After I applied on visa 100 and I got pregnant. Surely, once I have my child I will upload the birth certificate. Is there anything else I will have to upload on my immiaccount for newborn baby?

2) When I was granted with visa 309, in my grant letter I had a condition of "First Entry Before ...". Is there the same condition for visa 100?

Regards
Are you now onshore or offshore
Was the baby born onshore or offshore and is the baby's father an Aussie PR or citizen?
Old Nov 4th 2018, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

Hi Pollayna,

Baby's father is an Australian PR and currently I am offshore (I will be having my child offshore either).
Old Nov 4th 2018, 12:39 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

The baby will need a subclass 101 child visa to move to Australia. If you gave birth in Australia then the child would be an Australian citizen.

You won’t have an initial entry date for your subclass 100 visa.
Old Nov 5th 2018, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

Hi BritInParis,

If newborn baby will need a subclass 101 child visa does that mean just uploading translated birth certificate wouldn't be enough and I will need to submit some form?

Thank you.
Old Nov 5th 2018, 8:58 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Hi BritInParis,

If newborn baby will need a subclass 101 child visa does that mean just uploading translated birth certificate wouldn't be enough and I will need to submit some form?

Thank you.
Yes, you’d need to lodge a new visa application on behalf of the baby.
Old Nov 13th 2018, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: A couple of questions on visa 100 and 101

Hi guys,

I was granted with visa 100 (which I didn't expect to be honest in the nearest several months).
Now I am in another interesting situation which totally unclear for me.
An Entry Date in mid November 2019.
At the moment I'm on the 8th month of pregnancy and my due date is the last week of December.
Then, I would need to wait for several months until my child is eligible to apply for a passport.
Once passport is issued my husband and I would need to apply for child visa 101.
According to home affairs information the timeline for 101 visa is 75% of applications: 11 months and 90% of applications: 19 months.

Now the question is how I can settle everything in the way I can enter to Australia with my child being granted with visa 101?
Is it possible to ask officer to postpone First Entry Date until we obtain visa 101?
Otherwise I would need to leave my 11 months baby in my home country, enter Australia to activate visa 100 and come back which would be extremely hard to bring into reality.

However knows something about this please advise.

Regards
Old Nov 13th 2018, 10:27 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys,

I was granted with visa 100 (which I didn't expect to be honest in the nearest several months).
Now I am in another interesting situation which totally unclear for me.
An Entry Date in mid November 2019.
At the moment I'm on the 8th month of pregnancy and my due date is the last week of December.
Then, I would need to wait for several months until my child is eligible to apply for a passport.
Once passport is issued my husband and I would need to apply for child visa 101.
According to home affairs information the timeline for 101 visa is 75% of applications: 11 months and 90% of applications: 19 months.

Now the question is how I can settle everything in the way I can enter to Australia with my child being granted with visa 101?
Is it possible to ask officer to postpone First Entry Date until we obtain visa 101?
Otherwise I would need to leave my 11 months baby in my home country, enter Australia to activate visa 100 and come back which would be extremely hard to bring into reality.

However knows something about this please advise.

Regards
Why do you have to wait several months before your child is eligible for a passport? Why will the child not be a citizen of somewhere at birth, and therefore eligible for a passport straightaway?
Old Nov 13th 2018, 10:54 pm

Did you travel to Australia to activate your 309 visa?
Old Nov 14th 2018, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

Well, yes I had to do that when I was granted visa 309.
However, in my visa 100 grant letter I also can see Entry Date.
"For first entry, arrive by" to be more precise.

Last edited by Alyonk@; Nov 14th 2018 at 8:40 am.
Old Nov 15th 2018, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Why do you have to wait several months before your child is eligible for a passport? Why will the child not be a citizen of somewhere at birth, and therefore eligible for a passport straightaway?
Hi Pollyana,
OK was my mistake.
I clarified that and it turned out that a newborn baby is eligible for a passport from the first day.
BUT, say a child's passport was issued in January (my due date is last week of December) and we immediately applied for 101 child visa.
What are chances that child 101 visa is granted before my first entry date which is mid November 2019?
According to the official homeaffairs website info - not very high.

I'll do my best to clarify that with CO; see what they advise.
Old Nov 17th 2018, 1:21 am

Well, yes I had to do that when I was granted visa 309.
However, in my visa 100 grant letter I also can see Entry Date.
"For first entry, arrive by" to be more precise.
I would check that.