Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

countries visited since aged 18 for citizenship

countries visited since aged 18 for citizenship

Old Jun 29th 2019, 2:10 am
BE Enthusiast

wilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of light
Default countries visited since aged 18 for citizenship

So I'm now filling out my citizenship application after being here for 6 years. Im doing it online and the question asks:

Countries resided / visited

Since the age of 18, has the applicant lived or travelled outside of Australia?Since the age of 18, has the applicant lived or travelled outside of Australia?
YesNo
Give details of all countries that the applicant has lived in or travelled to since turning the age of 18, include:
  • Work or study outside of Australia
  • Holiday or leisure, including visits to the applicants country of origin
  • Business
  • Military deployment
Soooo! I really can't remember. I'm guessing at dates and don't have old passports to inform me.
How have others tackled this problem?

Thanks

Old Jun 29th 2019, 5:12 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: countries visited since aged 18 for citizenship

Originally Posted by wilson01
So I'm now filling out my citizenship application after being here for 6 years. Im doing it online and the question asks:

Countries resided / visited

Since the age of 18, has the applicant lived or travelled outside of Australia?Since the age of 18, has the applicant lived or travelled outside of Australia?
YesNo
Give details of all countries that the applicant has lived in or travelled to since turning the age of 18, include:
  • Work or study outside of Australia
  • Holiday or leisure, including visits to the applicants country of origin
  • Business
  • Military deployment
Soooo! I really can't remember. I'm guessing at dates and don't have old passports to inform me.
How have others tackled this problem?

Thanks
You just put the best you can remember
Old Jun 29th 2019, 5:23 am
Just Joined

lennycat is an unknown quantity at this point

Got stuck with this as well but the paper version of the form says to only consider the last 10 years, which makes things a lot easier. There was a similar question on my original visa application form, so I took the details from this and I have the dates of travel since I’ve been here.

Last edited by lennycat; Jun 29th 2019 at 5:53 am. Reason: Being a bit more helpful
Old Jun 29th 2019, 11:26 am
DML
Forum Regular

DML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond repute

I found my digital photo collection to be invaluable. Could easily tell dates of arrival and departure from these (as I usually take photos at airports).
Old Jun 29th 2019, 12:16 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I had to guess. Found out afterwards I'd got one trip wrong by two years. It's not vitally important to be exact.
Old Jun 29th 2019, 6:20 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DML
I found my digital photo collection to be invaluable. Could easily tell dates of arrival and departure from these (as I usually take photos at airports).
Yep - just done it for a move to the US and a combination of photos and google calendar entries helped no end.