British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   countries visited since aged 18 for citizenship (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/countries-visited-since-aged-18-citizenship-926069/)

wilson01 Jun 29th 2019 2:10 am

countries visited since aged 18 for citizenship

So I'm now filling out my citizenship application after being here for 6 years. Im doing it online and the question asks:

Countries resided / visited

Since the age of 18, has the applicant lived or travelled outside of Australia?Since the age of 18, has the applicant lived or travelled outside of Australia?
YesNo
Give details of all countries that the applicant has lived in or travelled to since turning the age of 18, include:
  • Work or study outside of Australia
  • Holiday or leisure, including visits to the applicants country of origin
  • Business
  • Military deployment
Soooo! I really can't remember. I'm guessing at dates and don't have old passports to inform me.
How have others tackled this problem?

Thanks

Pollyana Jun 29th 2019 5:12 am

Re: countries visited since aged 18 for citizenship

Originally Posted by wilson01 (Post 12704295)
So I'm now filling out my citizenship application after being here for 6 years. Im doing it online and the question asks:

Countries resided / visited

Since the age of 18, has the applicant lived or travelled outside of Australia?Since the age of 18, has the applicant lived or travelled outside of Australia?
YesNo
Give details of all countries that the applicant has lived in or travelled to since turning the age of 18, include:
  • Work or study outside of Australia
  • Holiday or leisure, including visits to the applicants country of origin
  • Business
  • Military deployment
Soooo! I really can't remember. I'm guessing at dates and don't have old passports to inform me.
How have others tackled this problem?

Thanks

You just put the best you can remember

lennycat Jun 29th 2019 5:23 am

Got stuck with this as well but the paper version of the form says to only consider the last 10 years, which makes things a lot easier. There was a similar question on my original visa application form, so I took the details from this and I have the dates of travel since I’ve been here.

DML Jun 29th 2019 11:26 am

I found my digital photo collection to be invaluable. Could easily tell dates of arrival and departure from these (as I usually take photos at airports).

moneypenny20 Jun 29th 2019 12:16 pm

I had to guess. Found out afterwards I'd got one trip wrong by two years. It's not vitally important to be exact.

Kooky. Jun 29th 2019 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by DML (Post 12704409)
I found my digital photo collection to be invaluable. Could easily tell dates of arrival and departure from these (as I usually take photos at airports).

Yep - just done it for a move to the US and a combination of photos and google calendar entries helped no end.