Wikiposts

Which countries are classed as HR and LR?

Old Mar 13th 2009, 2:15 am
Forum Regular

SmogMonster is a jewel in the roughSmogMonster is a jewel in the roughSmogMonster is a jewel in the roughSmogMonster is a jewel in the roughSmogMonster is a jewel in the rough
Default Which countries are classed as HR and LR?

What makes a country HR, and another LR?
Old Mar 13th 2009, 2:16 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which countries are classed as HR and LR?

Eligibility of that country's passport for ETA.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

SmogMonster is a jewel in the roughSmogMonster is a jewel in the roughSmogMonster is a jewel in the roughSmogMonster is a jewel in the roughSmogMonster is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by JAJ
Eligibility of that country's passport for ETA.
ETA? Entry to Australia?? Presumably dodgy countries Pakistan, Afghanistan et al are classed as HR then?
Old Mar 13th 2009, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

crimson_26 has a spectacular aura aboutcrimson_26 has a spectacular aura aboutcrimson_26 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by SmogMonster
ETA? Entry to Australia?? Presumably dodgy countries Pakistan, Afghanistan et al are classed as HR then?
haha.... you can't say that 'dodgy countries' !!! ;-)
Old Mar 13th 2009, 2:31 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

ETA is an Electronic Travel Authority - its a kind of electronic visa, issued very quickly and easily but only to citizens of certain countries. Details will be on www.immi.gov.au
Old Mar 13th 2009, 2:31 am
Forum Regular

husaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by crimson_26
haha.... you can't say that 'dodgy countries' !!! ;-)
Hi,
I have a problem here. I am wondering why India is in the HR countries list. Also, the more relevant question would be... why some countries are allowed ETA wheras others are not?
Old Mar 13th 2009, 2:43 am
BE Enthusiast

slackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by husaing
Hi,
I have a problem here. I am wondering why India is in the HR countries list. Also, the more relevant question would be... why some countries are allowed ETA wheras others are not?
What do you mean 'I have a problem'? I believe the high risk countries are those that have an historic high rate of visa over staying in Australia
Old Mar 13th 2009, 2:47 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
There are many reasons why countries are not on the ETA list - overstaying is probably one of them.
India is also known to be one of those countries where extra checks are often made on employment due to such things as false references - well documented on this site by agents.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

husaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by slackbloke
What do you mean 'I have a problem'? I believe the high risk countries are those that have an historic high rate of visa over staying in Australia
Why cant I have a problem??? Please take the quotation regarding "dodgy countries" into account. Also, do you "believe" or is it based on some facts? If latter is the case, thanks for the useful info.
Husain
Old Mar 13th 2009, 2:52 am
BE Enthusiast

slackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Why cant I have a problem??? Please take the quotation regarding "dodgy countries" into account. Also, do you "believe" or is it based on some facts? If latter is the case, thanks for the useful info.
Husain
I didn't say you couldn't have a problem, I was asking what do you mean, in other words, what problem do you have?
Old Mar 13th 2009, 2:53 am
Forum Regular

Husain
OKay, let me rephrase that...'dodgy countries' could offend, apologies if so. I was thinking more along the lines of countries with unpredictable security..ie Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran..mind you, we could probably include the UK in that now that the less desirable element in Northern Ireland are showing their ugly head.

Again, no offence intended to anyone
Old Mar 13th 2009, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

OKay, let me rephrase that...'dodgy countries' could offend, apologies if so. I was thinking more along the lines of countries with unpredictable security..ie Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran..mind you, we could probably include the UK in that now that the less desirable element in Northern Ireland are showing their ugly head.

Again, no offence intended to anyone
Hi SmogMonster,
Thanx for the timely clarification.
Regards
Husain
Old Mar 13th 2009, 3:14 am
Forum Regular

crimson_26 has a spectacular aura aboutcrimson_26 has a spectacular aura aboutcrimson_26 has a spectacular aura about

sorry.. but this has been a great read on a friday afternoon. I only wish that my "dodgy country" of birth, South Africa, wasn't a HR country. They're so close, yet so far.... ;-)
Old Mar 13th 2009, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: Which countries are classed as HR and LR?

Originally Posted by crimson_26
sorry.. but this has been a great read on a friday afternoon. I only wish that my "dodgy country" of birth, South Africa, wasn't a HR country. They're so close, yet so far.... ;-)
Opposite here... I'm working late on Friday evening (it's 9pm here) and upset about too many things at the same time(no hiding the fact that this thread tops the list for the reasons unknown to me ).
Anyways, wish you all a great weekend ahead.

Husain
Old Mar 13th 2009, 3:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Husain
You can find a reference to it on the DIAC website :

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/visi...y-bond-faq.htm

"countries that are considered as high risk according to the visitor overstayer rate"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.