Wikiposts

Cost of medicals

Old Dec 19th 2005, 8:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cost of medicals

Originally Posted by jackie
Hi Claire
did you not have to pay admin of £50.00 per adult. Thats what they wont in the Liverpool surgery where i have phone for a quote. Where did you get yours done a may be worth a little travel
thanks jackie

I went to the docs in Huddersfield and paid what Jonahs_mummy has been quoted.The only thing you will have to pay extra for is Hepititus - if your going to be a nurse, doctor or working with children or if you have tattoo's or at high risk i.e: had a blood transfusion etc

Also there may be a charge of £25 or so if you want the meds sent by recorded post ( recommended so they don't get lost )

I didn't have to pay an extra £50 per adult - what a rip off. I'd get phoning round if I were you.

Hope that helps
Wendy
Old Dec 19th 2005, 8:38 am
Jam

> > My wife has a tattoo, what other tests would she need and how much
    > > more would we have to pay?
    > > Thanks
    > The aids test is compulsory, because we have tats, we both had to have
    > Hep B I think. They did not tell me this on the phone, only when I
    > was
    > there. They said they have to do the hep B, and that its not
    > optional.
    > Was maybe an extra £40 or something. Can't quite remember.
    > Shaun
    > --

Hi Re: meds they usually take one syringe of blood and all adults have
HIV test if you have tatoos you also get tested for hep B. I work in the
medical field so I had to be tested for Hep B. and Hep C they cost me an
extra 25.00 each. Husband is an accountant with no tatoos so he only
had HIV test.

It is a relief once you have meds :D !!!!!

--
Posted via http://expatforums.com

Old Dec 19th 2005, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

ptuk is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jackie
Hi Claire
did you not have to pay admin of £50.00 per adult. Thats what they wont in the Liverpool surgery where i have phone for a quote. Where did you get yours done a may be worth a little travel
thanks jackie
Hi Jackie.

Had my x-rays in Preston @ £60 each ( My Wife & I)

Have meds booked (also Preston) for 30th Dec, been quoted £95 for adults, £50 for the kids, Blood tests £35 and postage £15. I have a tattoo but wasn't asked about this on the phone.....

So for my family of 4, the Meds should cost £495 including x-rays.

Regards

P
Old Dec 19th 2005, 11:58 pm
jackie

Originally Posted by ptuk
Hi Jackie.

Had my x-rays in Preston @ £60 each ( My Wife & I)

Have meds booked (also Preston) for 30th Dec, been quoted £95 for adults, £50 for the kids, Blood tests £35 and postage £15. I have a tattoo but wasn't asked about this on the phone.....

So for my family of 4, the Meds should cost £495 including x-rays.

Regards

P

Hi Thanks for the information didnt see Preston on the list for medicals , could you please let me have the address and phone no so i can make enquires its only up the road from us where in liverpool.
many thanks p
jackie

Old Dec 20th 2005, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

Swing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura aboutSwing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura aboutSwing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura about

Maidenhead Bridge Clinic Berkshire.

2 x Adult inc Xrays and HIV (£166.50 each inc postage)
1 x 11 year old inc Xray (146.50 inc postage)
1 x 6 year old Med only (81.50 inc postage)

All in £561.00 (this bit hurt :-)

Quick and Professional Service.

Last edited by Swing-Your-Pants; Dec 20th 2005 at 3:04 am.
Old Dec 20th 2005, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
it depends from doctor to doctor. We are 2 adults, 1 toddler & a baby. We have our medicals in huddersfield on the 4th Jan but rang around 4 other panel doctors in the area & got a quote at £600 but are going with another quote we got for exactly the same thing at £460.............
Hi Claire

Its nicola again and I have seen this after I posted the previous mail questioning where you had your medicals done. My new question is who was the £460 doctor?

ta

NIcola
Old Dec 20th 2005, 6:47 am
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Cost of medicals

Originally Posted by WendyC
We went to Huddersfield for our meds, the prices are you have are correct. Just to put you at ease I can tell you that the female doctor is lovely, I really liked her. She puts you at ease as soon as you get in there.

Good luck
Wendy
Hi Wendy please can I have the numbers for both the xrays and the doctor bit also do you have the xrays first or the medical with the doctor.

thanks and merry xmas

Nicola
Old Dec 20th 2005, 7:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nicola411
Hi Wendy please can I have the numbers for both the xrays and the doctor bit also do you have the xrays first or the medical with the doctor.

thanks and merry xmas

Nicola

Hi

The docs details and number is The Lindley Group Practise 01484 347081
X-rays - 01484 341286

I rang the doctors first and made appointments there then rang the hospital and they fit me in just before. The doctors is next door to Huddersfield Royal Infirmary where the x-rays are done.

If you tell the hospital you're having a medical next door they will fit in around it so you can have it done on the same day

I've tried to attach the list I received from the agent - don't know if it will work though.

Wendy
Attached Files
File Type: txt
PanelDoctorsUK[1].txt (33.1 KB, 748 views)
Old Dec 20th 2005, 7:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WendyC
Hi

The docs details and number is The Lindley Group Practise 01484 347081
X-rays - 01484 341286

I rang the doctors first and made appointments there then rang the hospital and they fit me in just before. The doctors is next door to Huddersfield Royal Infirmary where the x-rays are done.

If you tell the hospital you're having a medical next door they will fit in around it so you can have it done on the same day

I've tried to attach the list I received from the agent - don't know if it will work though.

Wendy
Hi Wendy

thanks a mill. Yes you have attached the doc correctly I have already opened it and checked it out. thanks again

Nicola