Cost of emigration

Old Jul 4th 2018, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

Knomski is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cost of emigration

Hi there, new to this forum and at the very early stages of the process. I apologise if this has been asked already but I have have contacted a migration agent for advice as I think I would go down the route of using an agent for visa application process. My question is the cost of the process amounts to nearly £10,000 for our family of 5, that’s not including the move itself, flights etc, it is for visa, medicals and the like. Is this an average cost or is the agent quite expensive? I’m not naive to the fact that it will be a expensive but I’m just looking for an average figure??

many thanks

Old Jul 4th 2018, 11:45 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cost of emigration

Originally Posted by Knomski
Hi there, new to this forum and at the very early stages of the process. I apologise if this has been asked already but I have have contacted a migration agent for advice as I think I would go down the route of using an agent for visa application process. My question is the cost of the process amounts to nearly £10,000 for our family of 5, that’s not including the move itself, flights etc, it is for visa, medicals and the like. Is this an average cost or is the agent quite expensive? I’m not naive to the fact that it will be a expensive but I’m just looking for an average figure??

many thanks
If you are going with an agent, make sure they are MARA registered.

Do you know what your quote included? For a family of 5, visa costs will be around £5000. Depending on your occupation, the skills assessment could be as high as £2000.

Also, what visa will you be going for? If it is state sponsored, that can also have a cost attached.
Old Jul 5th 2018, 1:23 am
BE Enthusiast

TeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond repute

Fees can vary considerably depending upon the visa type, your circumstances and the areas of professional help that are provided by an agent

Reported average fees for OMARA Registered Migration Agents
https://www.mara.gov.au/using-an-age...nt/agent-fees/
Old Jul 5th 2018, 11:54 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Can’t quote on visa quotes as I’m out of date but also remember you may have to pay rent several months upfront without credit record and to have enough $$$ for at least 6 months without employment unless you have one secured already
Old Jul 6th 2018, 12:51 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

It does seem a bit high, does it include skills assessment?

Though the price of the agent, pales in comparison to what the rest of the move is going to cost.
Old Jul 19th 2018, 1:47 am
Just Joined

WilliamL is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are applying for the subclasses of 189, 190 or 489 the visa fees charged by the Department of Home Affairs is the same across all of them, for a family of 5 this usually adds up to around AUD8450 (about £4800) assuming that your family of 5 is you, your spouse and 3 children under the age of 18.

Skills assessment can cost quite a bit depending on your occupation like others have said.

Also include the medical checks and police clearance needed.