cost for certifying documents for TRA

Old May 16th 2007, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

Famous Five is a name known to allFamous Five is a name known to allFamous Five is a name known to allFamous Five is a name known to allFamous Five is a name known to allFamous Five is a name known to allFamous Five is a name known to allFamous Five is a name known to allFamous Five is a name known to allFamous Five is a name known to allFamous Five is a name known to all
Default cost for certifying documents for TRA

Hi,
I'm at the stage where i need to contact notary public to certify copies of original documents, but does anybody have any info as to how much this may set me back.
any ideas will be appreciated.
up to now i have contacted a couple of notaries and they have approximated
£100-£120, no disrespect to lawyers but you people have got a money making machine
i feel this is too steep as I have heard it can be done a lot cheaper.
Any ideas will be welcomed with open arms.

cheers

Famous Five.
Old May 16th 2007, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

The Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: cost for certifying documents for TRA

Originally Posted by Famous Five
Hi,
I'm at the stage where i need to contact notary public to certify copies of original documents, but does anybody have any info as to how much this may set me back.
any ideas will be appreciated.
up to now i have contacted a couple of notaries and they have approximated
£100-£120, no disrespect to lawyers but you people have got a money making machine
i feel this is too steep as I have heard it can be done a lot cheaper.
Any ideas will be welcomed with open arms.

cheers

Famous Five.
Hiya
We had ours done at our local magistrates court, free of charge
This was a couple of years ago so it may be different now, give
your local court a call and ask the them.
Hope this helps.
Sue
Old May 16th 2007, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

liverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really nice
Talking Re: cost for certifying documents for TRA

Hi,

I am getting all my stuff together for certifying and I am going to ask my mate to do it because he is a police officer. Will probably cost me a bottle of JD though lol...................

Hope this helps

Rob
Old May 17th 2007, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

emma01 has a spectacular aura aboutemma01 has a spectacular aura aboutemma01 has a spectacular aura about

Hi

The first lot i had done i went to my local magistrates court and got them certified at £7.00 per sheet. I had 10 different sheets but i need two copies and in the end they charged me £70.00 in stead of £140.00 (thank god)
At a later date i had to get another document certified and went back to the same court but this time i had to stand up in front of the court and say who i was what i was doing there and had the judge ask me questions before he decided whether he was going to certify them. That was quite daunting as i have never been in court before and felt like i was guilty of something. When i told our agents he said he had never heard of anyone having to do that before. Glad that was over.
Old May 17th 2007, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

nigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud of

Hi

We had ours done at local magistrates free of charge a few weeks ago, when you phone to book they usually have 2 mornings a week when you can go before cases start to be heard at 9.30- 10 ish. It seems to be quite common place (surprise, surprise)

good luck

Sarah
Old May 17th 2007, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

carlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant future

Hi,
The magistrates in Bristol gave different advice each time I called.
1. Get there 9-9:30, magistrate is in court at 9:45 and will sign before hand. Cost £8.50 for each declaration (ie all documents for 1 person's application)
2. Bring in a day or so before. They will check and prepare everything, then come in on a morning (9-9:30) and it will be signed. Cost now was £8.50 for all certified copies, but an extra charge for witnessing the signature and maybe extra again for signing photos (I would have thought these needed doing in front of the magistrate).

We were worried about having to go into town twice and how the witnessing etc would be done. With most things, get the right person and its easy, the wrong one and you waste time and money.

In the end rang around for solicitors, got a quote for everything for £20. Took it in and said we needed specific text as per application, and the photo needed signing. They didn't have a stampwith the text on, so in the end it cost £30. Waiting for the results.

Most quotes I had were £5 for witnessing (per person), then £2 per copy. The photo signing probably another £5.

Sorry for the long post. As with most things was more hassle and cost more. I was surprised that a lot of them didn't do this kind of thing.

Caroline
Old May 17th 2007, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

stufi1997 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Just thought i'd add our experience....We had all our copies certified at the local solicitor, got everything photocopied at the local shop(5p a copy)and took along with the originals to the solicitor she certified them and asked us to put a donation in the charity box which i did cost me about £10 altogether . didn't certify photos only the info page of current passport. We just got approved by tra on tuesday
Cheers Fiona
Old May 17th 2007, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

sapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the rough

I need the info page of passport copied and certified. As I had read on this forum somewhere that Magistrates' Courts might do this free, I phoned local Magistrate Court. When I explained what I wanted, the girl who answered said: "Oh, you need the Police Court - I'll put you through". Waited ages then someone from the Police Court came on and said I could go there at 9.30 am on a Tuesday or a Thursday and it would be £25 per signature.

I phoned a local solicitor who said they would do it for me for £5, no appointment, just walk in. Which is what I shall be doing tomorrow!
Old May 17th 2007, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

nigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud of

when I booked our appt they said you have to pay if you want to make a declaration that they are your documents, we didn't do that so got it done for free. I couldn't see anywhere on immi or anmc that you have to declare they are your documents and the certified copies we had done have been accepted to date no questions asked

Sarah
Old May 17th 2007, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

Famous Five is a name known to allFamous Five is a name known to allFamous Five is a name known to allFamous Five is a name known to allFamous Five is a name known to allFamous Five is a name known to allFamous Five is a name known to allFamous Five is a name known to allFamous Five is a name known to allFamous Five is a name known to allFamous Five is a name known to all

thanks all for the replies. very helpful indeed
i have now managed to convince a solicitor to do the lot for me for fifty squid.
when speaking to him i explained i've got quite a big bundle so to speak and claimed poverty at the same time, he eventually agreed to do the whole lot for a nifty. plus he's just round the corner.
Old May 18th 2007, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

thanks all for the replies. very helpful indeed
i have now managed to convince a solicitor to do the lot for me for fifty squid.
when speaking to him i explained i've got quite a big bundle so to speak and claimed poverty at the same time, he eventually agreed to do the whole lot for a nifty. plus he's just round the corner.
update: this afternoon went and got the documents certified, rushed over to the agent and handed them over. signed the TRA application and rushed back to work.
all in the lunch hour.
fingers crossed, hoping and waiting.
Old May 18th 2007, 7:12 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

update: this afternoon went and got the documents certified, rushed over to the agent and handed them over. signed the TRA application and rushed back to work.
all in the lunch hour.
fingers crossed, hoping and waiting.
Our friend who is a police officer did ours for a few bottles of very nice ale !!!
Old May 19th 2007, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Preston magistrates court rock
visited on 2 occassions over 100 signatures all free of charge.
Old May 31st 2007, 6:33 am
Just Joined

cocogreen is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know if brother in law can certify documents, he is a Sargent at the local station and it would be free if ok?
Old May 31st 2007, 7:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cocogreen
Does anyone know if brother in law can certify documents, he is a Sargent at the local station and it would be free if ok?
Have a look at the thread below. If no joy then type in 'certifying documents in the search bar top of page.

Good luck and all the best with the quest.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ying+documents.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.