Wikiposts

The cost of applying for visa

Old Apr 30th 2008, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

karyn brown is just really nicekaryn brown is just really nicekaryn brown is just really nicekaryn brown is just really nicekaryn brown is just really nicekaryn brown is just really nicekaryn brown is just really nicekaryn brown is just really nice
Smile The cost of applying for visa

Hi everyone,

Still gathering info. Could anyone advise as to the cost of submitting a skilled migration visa application - was told by an agency that submitting the form would cost £1000 is this right.

Many thanks

Karyn
Old Apr 30th 2008, 11:06 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The cost of applying for visa

Originally Posted by karyn brown
Hi everyone,

Still gathering info. Could anyone advise as to the cost of submitting a skilled migration visa application - was told by an agency that submitting the form would cost £1000 is this right.

Many thanks

Karyn
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i/visa-charges.htm
Old May 1st 2008, 2:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

Many thanks

Karyn

Hi Karyn

Yeah, about £1000 for the visa application, plus extra for your skills assessment + medicals and x-rays + migration agent fees (if you choose to use an agent)

So not cheap, we have so far spent £2600 on the visa, skills assessment, meds, couriers etc

Good luck

Sam
Old May 1st 2008, 3:38 am
BE Enthusiast

davidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: The cost of applying for visa

hi me and my familly are getting all our ifo together for a visa and i have done some calculations and the visa alone for me is £2315 and thats with know agent with an agent that will do every thing for you i got a quote for £4700 daunting i know i think we will have to get a lone out for it but hey itle be worth it.
Old May 1st 2008, 5:24 am
Just Joined

karyn brown is just really nicekaryn brown is just really nicekaryn brown is just really nicekaryn brown is just really nicekaryn brown is just really nicekaryn brown is just really nicekaryn brown is just really nicekaryn brown is just really nice

Thanks guys for replying. I knew it was going to cost but not just as much, however lets just hope that its all worth it.

Karyn
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

crimson_26 has a spectacular aura aboutcrimson_26 has a spectacular aura aboutcrimson_26 has a spectacular aura about

Hi all,

Has the visas always costed this much, or have the recently put up the price?

Looking at the skilled visa, is says:

1st instalment - $2060
2nd instalment - $2860

Does anyone know when the each of these instalments are due?

Thanks,
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:51 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by crimson_26
Hi all,

Has the visas always costed this much, or have the recently put up the price?

Looking at the skilled visa, is says:

1st instalment - $2060
2nd instalment - $2860

Does anyone know when the each of these instalments are due?

Thanks,

If you are from an English speaking country and have no dependents over 18 I think its 18 any way the fist installment is all you pay.

We are in Ireland and have 2 adults and 3 young children and paid the 1st installment when we applied on line hope that helps

some one else will know the exact ins and outs of it
Old May 2nd 2008, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

crimson_26 has a spectacular aura aboutcrimson_26 has a spectacular aura aboutcrimson_26 has a spectacular aura about

ok thanks.... i thought it was like £900 when i last looked. Although i am living in the U.K, does anyone know whether being a South African Citizen counts as an English Speaking country. I know that we don't automatically qualify for the English points and instead need to go through the IELTS test path to get them. Is this the same for the visa payment?

Cheers ;-)
Old May 2nd 2008, 11:59 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crimson_26
ok thanks.... i thought it was like £900 when i last looked. Although i am living in the U.K, does anyone know whether being a South African Citizen counts as an English Speaking country. I know that we don't automatically qualify for the English points and instead need to go through the IELTS test path to get them. Is this the same for the visa payment?
The rules on 2nd instalment are a little more flexible, but evidence of education in English (for example) may well be required.

Any chance of fixing the problem at source by becoming a British citizen?
Old May 2nd 2008, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

sharonm5 will become famous soon enoughsharonm5 will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone,

Many thanks

Karyn
i saw my application yesterday, and on it it stated $160 (or something close to that). I thought it was pretty cheap... Its being done in Sydney and submitted in Oz by my new empoyers. I do realise that meds etc have to go on top...