Just Joined

nick02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default cook

Hi everyone,

After much soul searching and a breakdown and divorce of my marriage
i have made my mind about moving to australia,can anyone tell me what's
my best option as i have been a cook for the last 8-9 years before that
i was a chef for about 5 years so i have the experince but i dodn't have
like any trade certificates can anyone put me in the right direction.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 3:47 am
Forum Regular

chrissy990 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: cook

hi

My husband has 14 years work experience as a cook, lots of modules but no end of course certificate. Because of this he failed TRA so he is now completing his AQF3 and he will hopefully pass with Pathway E after that. It costs a fair bit of money but will be worth it in the end.

I don't know how it would work if you were to go to college and get qualifications now. Unfortunately my husband was too old to try that way. Maybe someone could advise you on that.

Chrissy
Old Mar 19th 2009, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice

Best option for you would be to get your skilled assessed. There is thing known as "recognition of prior leaning" (RPL ). If you can satisfy the assessor that your have sufficient experience , the assessor can award you the AQF certificate 111, which is the minimum requirement fro TRA assessment. I suggest you get hold of a good agent who would be able advice you indetail the above process.

If you need to contact a reputed assessor. phillip Mc Millian <[email protected]>,

all the best
Old Mar 21st 2009, 1:20 am
Just Joined

nick02 is an unknown quantity at this point

than you very much