Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Old May 25th 2010, 9:00 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Originally Posted by Barbaran
How lovely to hear from you Ian and Julie and well done for the persistence and the information for others. Here's hoping for lots of Red Stars in May and June.

Anyone heard from Mors as there is a lot of empty spaces on the trackker for them. Would love to hear from you.
Hello there. Well I did manage to make contact with "Mors" and she actually succeeded in obtaining sponsorship for employment, so saved a lot of dosh! She's now living in Cairns, and so drops off the tracker for all the right reasons.

Cheers

Steve
Old May 25th 2010, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

yomvard is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Originally Posted by poshslice
Hello Fiz and Johnemo

Another set of Sydneysiders parents here. Our daughter and s.i.l moved there in 2005. They rented a few properties and then last year bought their own home. They are adding to the occupants in July! Our first grandson!

Although we have visited 4 times now and I am going (on my own) in September, we still can't agree as to what to do, regarding visas.

Our younger daughter and husband and our granddaughter live about 200 yards away from us in Wiltshire and we can't see them ever wanting to be in Sydney.

We did all go in January February this year, but it was so hot and humid, it was a definite no from them.

So, I lurk with envy!

The time must drag so much for you all starting your applications, but at least you are doing them.

Whenever the red stars are posted, I am as happy for you as you are for yourselves.

Cheers from a Wiltshire lurker!
Hi Poshslice,
We are in Wiltshire and getting near a CO. What part are you from?
regards Sandy
Old May 25th 2010, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

suefb is an unknown quantity at this point

I see that Heresoon has been asked for second payment, congratulations. We have still not been asked for the final payment and have now requested our Agent to see if we will hear soon, no idea what the holdup could be.

We are also moving our of our bungalow on 4 June and will then be homeless - we were just hoping to take holiday accommodation for a couple of weeks, but it now looks as though this could be longer - especially if we don't hear regarding the VISA soon.

Good luck to all those who are just starting out, time does go by very quickly.

Suefb
Old May 25th 2010, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Barbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to all

Barbara, Allan and John
Many thanks for your replies.

We've been using the lovely weather of the last few days to encourage movement! Still not worked.

Out of interest, Barbara, if you had done the 6 month here, 6 month there scenario, would a visa have been needed or just the ETA I am using at the moment?

Pam
I believe that the ETA is acceptable but you should always be prepared for a refusal and maybe try the 3 month visitor one. I can only say that I know someone who has been doing this successfully online visa for 6 months for 5 years they always put that they are visiting family. Perhaps someone else has some experience of this? Remember this site is a suggestion only and decisions should be made by lots of investigation into your particular circumstances. Good Luck
Old May 25th 2010, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Barbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to all

Originally Posted by suefb
I see that Heresoon has been asked for second payment, congratulations. We have still not been asked for the final payment and have now requested our Agent to see if we will hear soon, no idea what the holdup could be.

We are also moving our of our bungalow on 4 June and will then be homeless - we were just hoping to take holiday accommodation for a couple of weeks, but it now looks as though this could be longer - especially if we don't hear regarding the VISA soon.

Suefb
Start pushing suefb hopefully it won't be too long in the holiday accomodation. Good Luck.................
Old May 25th 2010, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sandch
Hello there. Well I did manage to make contact with "Mors" and she actually succeeded in obtaining sponsorship for employment, so saved a lot of dosh! She's now living in Cairns, and so drops off the tracker for all the right reasons.

Cheers

Steve
Well done Steve, how lovely that you found out the end of the story and it had a happy ending!
Old May 25th 2010, 9:57 am

Suefb
You should really push that Suefb. You would expect a migration agent to be proactive when money has been paid for a service, and you really shouldn't be having to chase them. The danger is that if a communication has gone astray the time available to make the final payment will be ticking away without your knowledge.

It could be the CO is on leave in which case your agent should tell you and push for someone else to issue the request. Keep nagging - you are the customer.

Cheers
Steve
Old May 25th 2010, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

suefb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi - have just spoken to our agent - have told me AOS, meds police checks etc are all okay and they are will be contacting CO to see if they can move things along.

Will keep you informed.

Sue
Old May 25th 2010, 10:34 am

Hi - have just spoken to our agent - have told me AOS, meds police checks etc are all okay and they are will be contacting CO to see if they can move things along.

Will keep you informed.

Sue
Go get 'em Sue!!
Old May 25th 2010, 10:48 am
Just Joined

Pauljen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Permanent Residency in 5 months, sounds to good to be true but that’s how long it took us from start to finish. This was through the onshore 864 (contributory aged parent visa).
If you fit the criteria then perhaps this is for you. This was the route we choose to permanent residency on the Gold coast. Our timeline:
Application submitted:- 22/12/2009
2nd vac request:- 22/03/2010
Visa Granted:- 21/05/2010
Time Days:- 151
As you can see it was a very fast process and would have been even quicker if our medicals had gone smoothly.
Should anyone be considering this route then beware there are pitfalls.
This thread has been a great source of information to us and having followed it for quite along time I feel as though I know most of you. To those just applying, still waiting and who’s visa’s have been granted good luck its worth it. Sorry for gate crashing I know its for 143 & 173 Visa apps..

Paul & jen

Last edited by Pauljen; May 25th 2010 at 11:17 am.
Old May 25th 2010, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pauljen
Hi, Permanent Residency in 4 months, sounds to good to be true but that’s how long it took us from start to finish. This was through the onshore 864 (contributory aged parent visa).
If you fit the criteria then perhaps this is for you. This was the route we choose to permanent residency on the Gold coast. Our timeline:
Application submitted:- 22/12/2009
2nd vac request:- 22/03/2010
Visa Granted:- 21/05/2010
Time Days:- 151
As you can see it was a very fast process and would have been even quicker if our medicals had gone smoothly.
Should anyone be considering this route then beware there are pitfalls.
This thread has been a great source of information to us and having followed it for quite along time I feel as though I know most of you. To those just applying, still waiting and who’s visa’s have been granted good luck its worth it. Sorry for gate crashing I know its for 143 & 173 Visa apps..

Paul & jen
Hi Paul and Jen

I was wondering whether you would care to share what the pitfalls are?

Dave and Linda
Old May 25th 2010, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Barbara, Allan and John
Many thanks for your replies.

We've been using the lovely weather of the last few days to encourage movement! Still not worked.

Out of interest, Barbara, if you had done the 6 month here, 6 month there scenario, would a visa have been needed or just the ETA I am using at the moment?

Pam

Hi Pam

The eVisitor visa (651 I think) only allows a stay of up to 3 months. You would need to apply for a Tourist Visa 676. You can apply for 3, 6 or 12 months.
Old May 25th 2010, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

jtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Barbaran
Start pushing suefb hopefully it won't be too long in the holiday accomodation. Good Luck.................
Hope you get it sorted soon. Must be getting sooooooooo excited now the end is in sight!
Old May 25th 2010, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

heresoon is an unknown quantity at this point

Will keep you informed.

Sue
Hi Sue,
It's good you spoke to your agent,hang on in there all will be well, you'll see.We started this journey round about the same time haven't we Sue! It was a trying time for us when it came to getting the Police Checks from the Philippines. Took 2 months in all!Twice we were told fingerprints were not clear enough, offices shut cos of Easter holidays,then more delays because of the ash cloud....My goodness it was nerve wrecking! Phew!!!But we're nearly there and soon we'll be congratulating you too-----Judy
Old May 25th 2010, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

Pauljen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DaveandLinda
Hi Paul and Jen

I was wondering whether you would care to share what the pitfalls are?

Dave and Linda
When onshore you are on a temporary bridging visa until the permanent one is granted so a failure of the medical, Aos or the application itself could result in failure and this would apply to all applicants.

Paul & Jen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.