Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Old May 24th 2010, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

jtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Originally Posted by pemajoka
Hi we are in the same state as you in we are waiting for acknowledgement and will then get Steve to put us on the tracker.
CONGRATULATIONS chris and rob hope yu are in the sunshine soon
pete
I'm a happy bunny today - got the letter of confirmation to say our Visa Application was received on the 3rd May

(Steve, can you update the tracker please)
Old May 24th 2010, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Barbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jtct
I'm a happy bunny today - got the letter of confirmation to say our Visa Application was received on the 3rd May

Great to have you in the Waiting Room keep with us and you will learn so much for when the CO is appointed.
Old May 24th 2010, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

johnemo is a name known to alljohnemo is a name known to alljohnemo is a name known to alljohnemo is a name known to alljohnemo is a name known to alljohnemo is a name known to alljohnemo is a name known to alljohnemo is a name known to alljohnemo is a name known to alljohnemo is a name known to alljohnemo is a name known to all

In August our daughter/son-in-law (and OUR 2 grandsons) will have been in Sydney for 2 years so now it's time to start filling in those forms for a cpv143.

Visited twice so far and are back out for a further 2 months visit in August so hope to lodge the application then.

I have not been idle though, as well as lurking here I have been gathering information in preparation. There are still a few things that are unclear at the moment and I will be asking questions later.

We know we are in for along wait but we know it will be worth it.

John
Old May 24th 2010, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Barbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to all

Originally Posted by johnemo
In August our daughter/son-in-law (and OUR 2 grandsons) will have been in Sydney for 2 years so now it's time to start filling in those forms for a cpv143.

Visited twice so far and are back out for a further 2 months visit in August so hope to lodge the application then.

I have not been idle though, as well as lurking here I have been gathering information in preparation. There are still a few things that are unclear at the moment and I will be asking questions later.

John
Hi John, Welcome to the thread anything you need just ask the people on here are helpful and friendly.
Old May 24th 2010, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

John
John, why are you waiting we put in our application, last June 2009 both daughters been there for 2 years April 2010. You need to cut down your waiting time by getting your application in ASAP. Look on the Go Matilda website for "settled" You don't have to wait until August.
Old May 24th 2010, 3:52 pm

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

You're on the way!

Best wishes

Steve
Old May 24th 2010, 3:59 pm

John
Welcome John.

Apart from a healthy dose of patience, the other essential quality for this visa is tenacity. The forms and demands can seem daunting, but I can see you'll have no problem with it all if you're already gathering information.

Good luck!

Steve
Old May 24th 2010, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

pemajoka is a jewel in the roughpemajoka is a jewel in the roughpemajoka is a jewel in the roughpemajoka is a jewel in the rough

Awh! Bringing up the rear again, still there will have to be more behind us.........eventually.
More serious note CONGRATULATIONS you are now officially "on your way"

pete
Old May 24th 2010, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

pemajoka is a jewel in the roughpemajoka is a jewel in the roughpemajoka is a jewel in the roughpemajoka is a jewel in the rough

John
Hi John
As barbara says do not wait till your family has been is Oz 2 yrs read the matilda blog on "settled". Our daughter and Co will not have been in Oz for two years till november this year and my application has already gone in. It would have gone in earlier had I read the Matilda earlier.
regards
pete
Old May 24th 2010, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

heresoon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Steve,
You can add us to the 2nd Vac request colunm:We had notification todayBy the way Sydney is the place where we will be emigrating to
I have a question:We are going to pay with a bank cheque from our bank in Australia.Should it be posted to ''Locked bag 7 Northbridge....or to ''Wellington Central 836 Wellington......?
A thought just came to mind and my OH is not around to ask him at the moment!So another question Steve.Would the bank send the cheque straight to Perth
Old May 24th 2010, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

jtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to behold

John
Its a long enough wait as it is - start now!!!!!
Old May 24th 2010, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by heresoon
Hi Steve,
You can add us to the 2nd Vac request colunm:We had notification todayBy the way Sydney is the place where we will be emigrating to
I have a question:We are going to pay with a bank cheque from our bank in Australia.Should it be posted to ''Locked bag 7 Northbridge....or to ''Wellington Central 836 Wellington......?
A thought just came to mind and my OH is not around to ask him at the moment!So another question Steve.Would the bank send the cheque straight to Perth
Hello!

If you want to courier it, send it to the street address. Our bank would only send the draft to us for security reasons, but it probably depends on your bank, so it is worth checking with them.

Getting exciting!

Cheers

Steve
Old May 24th 2010, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

Katie1955 is an unknown quantity at this point

congratulations - we're in a long queue but at least there is lots of help & advice along the way

katie
Old May 24th 2010, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

heresoon is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Steve for all your help
Yes it's getting very exciting!
Old May 24th 2010, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

Katie1955 is an unknown quantity at this point

John
Hi John,

I submitted my application after my daughter & sin had only been there for 11 months. I know there are no guarantees & it depends upon individual circumstances but it's better than just waiting. It's a long enough wait anyway but keeping an eye on everyone elses progress does make it go quicker.

good luck

Katie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.