Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Old Nov 29th 2010, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Originally Posted by K and M
Katie,

the figure you are looking for is AUD$ 34,330 per person,

Regards
Or £21,456 in todays money compared with £17,165 in July 2009.
Old Nov 29th 2010, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

On looking at Steve's website (www.gainwave.co.uk) I see that another person has managed to get the very rare CO, I am starting to move up the list
Didn't see that one coming.

We haven't moved up the list 'cos it's a new bod who has popped in.

Last edited by Les Avalook; Nov 29th 2010 at 8:14 am.
Old Nov 29th 2010, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

On looking at Steve's website (www.gainwave.co.uk) I see that another person has managed to get the very rare CO, I am starting to move up the list
The 'coopers' dates do seem at odds with other timelines and if correct will be the first to have an Aos date before medicals were completed.

Have you checked your emails Framboy?
Old Nov 29th 2010, 5:30 pm
fiz
Forum Regular

fiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by framboy
We wondered exactly the same thing, where did the "Coopers" spring from, we also noted that they are using an agent, whereas we are not, don' know if this makes a difference. Spoke to daughter in Aus this morning, and she has not had an email yet. Does anyone know if you definitely get to hear about Case Officer via email or post??
I had an email from my agent after he had had an email from the Case Officer-does that make sense?It looks like they use email if possible...

In the agent's email, she asked for: Police certificate, updated Form 80 ( I had submitted one at the time of my visa submission),gave instructions to do the medical and gave instructions to start the AOS process. She also said that it all had to be done within 28 days!!!

As I have done my meds and had the Police certificate as well, that helps but the AOS process seems a bit drawn out, especially if your assurer, like mine, has a full time job and can't just keep popping into Centrelink and the Commonwealth bank...

I think it might be worth you booking your meds now to save a bit of time as it can take a couple of weeks for the clinics to process them etc....

Best regards
Fiz
Old Nov 29th 2010, 5:33 pm

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

We wondered exactly the same thing, where did the "Coopers" spring from, we also noted that they are using an agent, whereas we are not, don' know if this makes a difference. Spoke to daughter in Aus this morning, and she has not had an email yet. Does anyone know if you definitely get to hear about Case Officer via email or post??
It depends on what you put as your main method of contact. If it was email, then they send an email with attachments and you just print out.

One word of warning though, they have been known on several occasions to somehow have the incorrect email addresses, so just email them a gentle reminder of your email address stating your file number of course.

The email address is at the bottom of your acknowledgement letter.

Cheers Matt
Old Nov 29th 2010, 6:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

....we also noted that they are using an agent, whereas we are not, don' know if this makes a difference.
Yes it does, they are down £2000 already.
Old Dec 1st 2010, 6:27 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Hi guys,

Its time once again to do something about this exceptionally long and informative thread. As you know we have had to split the thread in the past due to its size. Well, after discussion with Admin and other Mods, this time we are going to split into two branches.......

The posts from the last couple of weeks to do with Aussie lifestyle, and general chat, will be moved to a new thread in our main Australian Lifestyle forum - they are more suited to that area, and this may help some of you to find other threads of interest about life on this side of the world. That thread is now HERE. I've kept the sparkling title, but if anyone has a better suggestion just pm me and I will change it for you

The Immigration posts from the last couple of weeks will form the basis of a new visa related thread in this forum, the Aus Immigration forum. Please keep this new thread solely for visa and immigration questions - anything off-topic will be moved out of the thread. The new immigration thread is HERE

This is so that people who do have a question about getting a CPV can find the answer easily. The few questions that have been posted recently are getting rather swamped by the chat. Please don't think that we are discouraging the chat, far from it, we are just trying to make it easier for everyone, one place for serious visa stuff, and one to chill out and learn about living over here

The old thread - Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4 - is HERE and is now closed.

Last edited by Pollyana; Dec 1st 2010 at 6:44 am.
Old Dec 1st 2010, 6:59 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Hi guys,

Its time once again to do something about this exceptionally long and informative thread. As you know we have had to split the thread in the past due to its size. Well, after discussion with Admin and other Mods, this time we are going to split into two branches.......

The posts from the last couple of weeks to do with Aussie lifestyle, and general chat, will be moved to a new thread in our main Australian Lifestyle forum - they are more suited to that area, and this may help some of you to find other threads of interest about life on this side of the world. That thread is now HERE. I've kept the sparkling title, but if anyone has a better suggestion just pm me and I will change it for you

The Immigration posts from the last couple of weeks will form the basis of a new visa related thread in this forum, the Aus Immigration forum. Please keep this new thread solely for visa and immigration questions - anything off-topic will be moved out of the thread. The new immigration thread is HERE

This is so that people who do have a question about getting a CPV can find the answer easily. The few questions that have been posted recently are getting rather swamped by the chat. Please don't think that we are discouraging the chat, far from it, we are just trying to make it easier for everyone, one place for serious visa stuff, and one to chill out and learn about living over here

The old thread - Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4 - is HERE and is now closed.
Needed doing. Some of us do tend to ramble on a bit.
Old Dec 1st 2010, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Originally Posted by sandch
Needed doing. Some of us do tend to ramble on a bit.
No names, just look at the post count.

If the aim is to keep the thread short and on topic then the idea (forum name removed) where you can click on a 'thanks' button is useful as sometimes a post is quoted and then the message is often 'I agree'.

On what thread does one announce that they have a CO?

Last edited by Pollyana; Dec 1st 2010 at 9:23 am. Reason: forum name removed. Please read my post below
Old Dec 1st 2010, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by Les Avalook

If the aim is to keep the thread short and on topic then the idea that PomsinOz has where you can click on a 'thanks' button is useful as sometimes a post is quoted and then the message is often 'I agree'.

Are you close to CO stage Les?

Cheers

Matt
Old Dec 1st 2010, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
Are you close to CO stage Les?

Cheers

Matt
I hope not still another 20 cents to go.

If the timeline runs true we expect a christmas card from a CO before christmas.

We are in no rush so will not do medicals or police checks until asked and will go slowly into the new year.

If it goes OK we just need to arrange AOS before April as our so & d-i-l are coming to UK for 3 weeks.

Framboy is our target for the next CO, we are 2 weeks behind them.

Best wishes from the Essex Alps.
Old Dec 1st 2010, 9:22 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Having a CO is clearly visa related, you know that

The aim is to keep this thread for serious immigration and visa stuff - as with all the other threads in this forum. For chat, rambling on, and stuff to do with lifestyle in Australia, please use the Barbie or the main Aus forum. There is a wealth of information in there which could be useful to some of you once you reach Aus Also by running a thread in the main forum you will be reaching a wider audience - they may have questions you guys can answer about the CPV, and they may be able to answer some of your queries on medicare, insurance, vegemite etc.
We don't want to stop the chat, we all love it and its a reason the forum exists, but we do want to be fair to the people seeking serious visa info, which is currently getting buried amongst the chat.

Now, on behalf of the other Mods and Admin, I am also going to request that this constant referring of people to a certain other forum stops. BE doesn't have a problem with people belonging to several forums, many of us are members elsewhere. However, we do not go onto those other forums and post constant links to BE. if we did we would expect them to be removed - as indeed some were this week on another forum when a member decided to post stuff about BE. In return we do not want people on here constantly referring people elsewhere. There is room in the world for all the thousands of forums that exist, but constant plugging of somewhere else is bad manners and poor "netiquette". Please stop.
Old Dec 1st 2010, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

If the aim is to keep the thread short and on topic then the idea (forum name removed) where you can click on a 'thanks' button is useful as sometimes a post is quoted and then the message is often 'I agree'.

For clarity my joke refers to sandch's post count and mine and no other person.

I am sorry my idea coursed such offence and breeched a form of etiquette.
Old Dec 1st 2010, 10:30 am

You are sentenced to life in the Colonies - on a CPV143 of course

Hehe

Matt
Old Dec 1st 2010, 10:42 am
Home and Happy

I'm not worried about the post count thing, mine is about half and half between rambling and semi-useful info I reckon! The whole moderating thing is like walking a tightrope, we really are just trying to help you all get the best out of the whole website

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.