Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Old Mar 24th 2011, 8:03 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Hi fiz.

The difference in your case (I think) is that you verified your ID in Australia when opening the bank accounts.

By contrast, jtct is in the UK and wants to open an account on which s/he can transact before arriving in Australia.

Best regards.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

JohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really nice
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Originally Posted by fiz
I have an account with CBA, both current and savings, which I opened when on holiday a year or so back. They know I haven't moved over yet and I pay Oz tax at 10% on the savings element. I have been able to transfer money out both to my kids and to pay for my visa with no problems at all. I also have a debit card on the account.
Yes, I've done this too using the online banking service. Made a transfer to my daughter's account using just her Sort code and account number, exactly as I would have done here in the UK. Taxed at 10% on interest earned like Fiz, the remaining 10% being due to the Inland Revenue.
John
Old Mar 24th 2011, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

JohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really nice

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Hi fiz.

The difference in your case (I think) is that you verified your ID in Australia when opening the bank accounts.

By contrast, jtct is in the UK and wants to open an account on which s/he can transact before arriving in Australia.

Best regards.
Alan is probably right.
I opened our account in Sydney too while we were on holiday.
John
Old Mar 24th 2011, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rigsy
Hi Im Jan and new to the site, I am presently in Oz for 12months and am now looking at contributory parent visa........ Having read pages on this site and others I am still somewhat confused mmmmm easy these days trying to get my head round all that,s involved in migrating.
Please could someone help.
* Can I apply for temp or perm contributory parent visa for Australia in New Zealand rather then go home to Uk.As I can renew my visa for a further 6months by leaving the country in July.
*Apart from not having to pay all monies upfront are there any other advantages to applying for one or the other.
*I have no current utilities bills etc to confirm my address in Uk as I am renting my house for the 12months I'm away. Would the invoices from the management company be ok
* Is there a check list to help with all the info I have to gather.
*How do I confirm the balance of family test.
As you can see I need a bit of guidance......... HELP ha thank you in anticipationx Jan
Hi Jan

You probably need to start by looking at the DIAC website. Here’s the link:

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/fami...nt-outside.htm

You should also download Booklet 3 which gives all the information on the different parent visas. This states (page 7 I think) that you can be offshore or onshore to apply for the 173/143, but need to be offshore when it’s granted. We are going the 173 route first and I am not aware of any advantages to this, other than not having to fork out the whole huge 2nd VAC in one go. Here’s the link to Booklet 3.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/booklets.htm

There is a checklist at the end of the application form (Form 47PA) which tells you everything you need to include.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/appl...forms_num1.htm

We confirmed the balance of family test by supplying birth certificates and proof of where our children were currently living.

With regard to your address I would just give the address where you would like all correspondence to go and keep DIAC informed of any changes.

Someone else in a similar situation might be able to offer other advice.

Good luck.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 7:49 pm
fiz
Forum Regular

fiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Hi fiz.

Best regards.
I understand now! Thanks for clarifying that, Alan

regards

fiz
Old Mar 24th 2011, 7:52 pm
fiz
Forum Regular

fiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DaveandLinda
Hi Jan

You probably need to start by looking at the DIAC website. Here’s the link:

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/fami...nt-outside.htm

You should also download Booklet 3 which gives all the information on the different parent visas. This states (page 7 I think) that you can be offshore or onshore to apply for the 173/143, but need to be offshore when it’s granted. We are going the 173 route first and I am not aware of any advantages to this, other than not having to fork out the whole huge 2nd VAC in one go. Here’s the link to Booklet 3.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/booklets.htm

There is a checklist at the end of the application form (Form 47PA) which tells you everything you need to include.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/appl...forms_num1.htm

We confirmed the balance of family test by supplying birth certificates and proof of where our children were currently living.

With regard to your address I would just give the address where you would like all correspondence to go and keep DIAC informed of any changes.

Someone else in a similar situation might be able to offer other advice.

Good luck.
Is there an issue with house purchase if you only have a 173? I seem to remember someone saying that...Also, can you work on a 173? I don't wish to raise any alarms but it might be worth checking before making a decision
Old Mar 24th 2011, 10:43 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fiz
Is there an issue with house purchase if you only have a 173? I seem to remember someone saying that...Also, can you work on a 173? I don't wish to raise any alarms but it might be worth checking before making a decision
Yes...you can work on a 173.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Originally Posted by fiz
Yes, I think I saw something about only being able to purchase a new property unless you were a permanent resident. Something I need to investigate, although not crucial at the moment as we will be renting our house out in the UK so won't be buying a property yet.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

jtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JohnDeeHart
Alan is probably right.
I opened our account in Sydney too while we were on holiday.
John
Thanks Alan. In the UK for a while yet. May use my daughter's account when the time comes to hand over the dosh. Missed the opportunity to open an account when we were over earlier in the year.

Jane
Old Mar 27th 2011, 10:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

FYI... The Grey Nomads have their Case Officer... Sounds like a nice young lady, she's certainly keeping them up to date...

We went to commonwealth bank yesterday and paid them $150 for the pleasue of having them take our $14,000 ... Then handed over $14,000 And we are sending kevin to perf on monday to hand over the docs from the bank to the nice centrelink lady who we saw on Tuesday...

Nice young lady CO is ay til the 6th April...

Any idea how long they take from here on in???

their medicals have been refered to a Commonwealth Medical person... Is that a bad sign???

Eds
Xxx
Old Mar 27th 2011, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by eddie007
FYI...
their medicals have been refered to a Commonwealth Medical person... Is that a bad sign???

Eds
Xxx
It just means that there is a question about the medical results that requires a decision. It could be something or nothing. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Charlie
Old Mar 27th 2011, 1:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charlie5
It just means that there is a question about the medical results that requires a decision. It could be something or nothing. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Charlie
Thanks... I've got EVERYTHING crossed...

My friends mother came over on the same visa, she has dementia, I dont know whether she had a good day on the day of the medical, but older people (in their seventies) are going to be a bit creaky around the edges...

Are the standards the same as for us when we came or do they make allowances for older people?
Old Mar 27th 2011, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by eddie007
Are the standards the same as for us when we came or do they make allowances for older people?
I think the decisions are financially based. That is to say what is the likely cost to the Australian finances of special health care for thhe applicant.

Charlie
Old Mar 29th 2011, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

Janey195406 is an unknown quantity at this point

Need help - questions re form 40:

Our son is sponsoring us (visa 173) but we're not sure about a couple of questions:

Q22 If you hold any nationality or citizenship other than Australian, please give details
He was born in Tasmania in 1977 but did not get his Oz passport until 3 years ago so I reckon the answer is 'British, DOB, and how acquired?- Birth to British parents. Is this right?

Q37 - Are you currently receiving any other form of social security payment or .....
His de facto is claiming Family tax A&B - does this count??

(He sponsored his de facto and her son 3 years ago)

Appreciate any advice on this wonderfully informative forum (did try a search to no avail). Thanks
Jane
Old Mar 29th 2011, 6:04 pm
fiz
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Janey195406
Need help - questions re form 40:

Our son is sponsoring us (visa 173) but we're not sure about a couple of questions:

Q22 If you hold any nationality or citizenship other than Australian, please give details
He was born in Tasmania in 1977 but did not get his Oz passport until 3 years ago so I reckon the answer is 'British, DOB, and how acquired?- Birth to British parents. Is this right?

Q37 - Are you currently receiving any other form of social security payment or .....
His de facto is claiming Family tax A&B - does this count??

(He sponsored his de facto and her son 3 years ago)

Appreciate any advice on this wonderfully informative forum (did try a search to no avail). Thanks
Jane
I would have thought that if he has a UK passport as his main passport, just put British as you say...
Can't help over the social security question except that if he is the sponsor and he is not personally receiving a payment I would put "no"...

It may be more relevant when you convert to a 143 and he is your assurer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.