Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Old Mar 9th 2011, 7:32 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Originally Posted by Les Avalook
You should of advertised the space on here or ebay.
More likely to have a container gone through with a magnifying glass if you use a shared one.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Julian927 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Originally Posted by JohnDeeHart
Thanks, Cath & Tone.
$90 pw seems very reasonable. Was this for a 20' or 40' container?
John & Eirian
We negotiated the first 8 weeks of storage free in Australia (40 foot container) and $90 a week thereafter. In the end we didn't need it. We were definitely told it was cheaper to store in Australia than in the UK.

Julie and Ian
Old Mar 9th 2011, 5:20 pm
fiz
Forum Regular

fiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
More likely to have a container gone through with a magnifying glass if you use a shared one.
I'm sure it is but it would have cost me at least £1200 more and I would have been paying for 600 cu ft. of fresh air if I had booked a sole container since I only have around 500 cu ft. to take....

I can think of better uses for £1200
Old Mar 10th 2011, 1:00 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fiz
I'm sure it is but it would have cost me at least £1200 more and I would have been paying for 600 cu ft. of fresh air if I had booked a sole container since I only have around 500 cu ft. to take....

I can think of better uses for £1200
Agree. It was more directed at Les about selling off about 10 foot of space, that would possibly cause more problems than not but again, money is one of the most important factors. Personally, I would have scraped around to find more stuff of ours to take, we were totally stuffed to the roof and had to leave the cement mixer behind which we really needed when we got here, had to buy one.

We used a 20' Reefer which is a refrigerated container so slightly smaller capacity to the normal 20' and therefore slightly cheaper. You also have that extra peace of mind that there are no leaks anywhere as they normally carry foodstuffs etc. However that was six years ago and I've not heard mention of them for ages, or I've just missed where people have used them.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 8:47 am
Just Joined

mikemavis is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Hi can anyone here help with an answer,do we have to fill out form 80 for each person on the application (ie one form each for me and the wife,)or is it just one form from the main applicant.

thanks in anticipation.

Mike.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mikemavis
Hi can anyone here help with an answer,do we have to fill out form 80 for each person on the application (ie one form each for me and the wife,)or is it just one form from the main applicant.

thanks in anticipation.

Mike.
Each, Mike.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 9:17 am
Just Joined

mikemavis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Les Avalook
Each, Mike.
thanks les I just love filling out forms,I now wish the wife was only 18.

cheers Mike
Old Mar 10th 2011, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all

Hi

We did a form 80 for each of us.

Charlie
Old Mar 10th 2011, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

KatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really nice

Today we have been granted our visas. We were allocated a case officer on 14 January, so after a 16 month wait the whole process has only taken about 8 weeks.
I have heard that the reason the waiting time is being drastically reduced is because the case officers were moving too slowly and were not on schedule so now they are playing catch-up. They were obviously not bringing the money in quick enough.

Best of luck to all who are still waiting. It could be sooner than you think.
Just off to the post office to get 2 silver poches to send for labels in our passports.

Floss
Old Mar 10th 2011, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Originally Posted by KatyJaysFolks
Today we have been granted our visas. We were allocated a case officer on 14 January, so after a 16 month wait the whole process has only taken about 8 weeks.
I have heard that the reason the waiting time is being drastically reduced is because the case officers were moving too slowly and were not on schedule so now they are playing catch-up. They were obviously not bringing the money in quick enough.

Just off to the post office to get 2 silver poches to send for labels in our passports.

Floss
Oh congratulations!

Hopefully we can get ours through just as quick - being held up by medicals at the moment. We are hoping to be able to travel in June to see our new granddaughter.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

vivchis69 is an unknown quantity at this point

Floss
Congratulations, so pleased for you.

Can I just ask when you paid the 2nd vac and how long it took to get visa grant?

Thanks
Old Mar 10th 2011, 5:14 pm
fiz
Forum Regular

fiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud of

Floss
Congratulations! I am sure that you will celebrate well tonight!
Old Mar 10th 2011, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Katie1955 is an unknown quantity at this point

Floss
Congratulations, well worth the wait.

Katie
Old Mar 10th 2011, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

KatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really nice

Originally Posted by vivchis69
Congratulations, so pleased for you.

Can I just ask when you paid the 2nd vac and how long it took to get visa grant?

Thanks
Yes 2days.
The cheque was sent on Tuesday 8th march and we got the email during the early hours of today 10th.
We thought the cheque had been sent last thursday but daughter had to spend a short time in hospital and didn't want to tell me, so it went later.
The official letter for printing and carrying was also attached
Thanks everyone for your congratulations and good wishes.

Floss
Old Mar 11th 2011, 5:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Yes 2days.
The cheque was sent on Tuesday 8th march and we got the email during the early hours of today 10th.
We thought the cheque had been sent last thursday but daughter had to spend a short time in hospital and didn't want to tell me, so it went later.
The official letter for printing and carrying was also attached
Thanks everyone for your congratulations and good wishes.

Floss
Congratulations Floss, the last bit moved really fast, we expected an email this morning to say our son had sent the bank draft from his account to Perth but it has gone strangely quiet in Oz.

We will have to use Google maps to see if there is a new car on their drive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.