Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Old Jan 4th 2011, 6:34 am
fiz
Forum Regular

fiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud of
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Heard today that my visa has been granted!!!! Am I the first for 2011 on Steve's tracker?

For those who like me watch the tracker closely, the dates were: request fpr payment Dec 21st, payment made Dec 28th, visa granted Jan 4th=pretty miraculous timescale, given the Christmas and New Year break

I hope everyone else who is waiting gets to hear soon too......

Fiz
Old Jan 4th 2011, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Originally Posted by fiz
Heard today that my visa has been granted!!!! Am I the first for 2011 on Steve's tracker?

For those who like me watch the tracker closely, the dates were: request fpr payment Dec 21st, payment made Dec 28th, visa granted Jan 4th=pretty miraculous timescale, given the Christmas and New Year break

Fiz
Well done Fiz, that part is now all behind you and the best bit to look forward to.

Did you make payment to Perth or London?
Old Jan 4th 2011, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by fiz

Fiz
Congratulations!!!!! My dad was also asked for his 2nd VAC on 21st Dec, and it should be paid next week - so hopefully we will also be celebrating very soon!!!
Old Jan 4th 2011, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

KatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really nice

Originally Posted by fiz

Fiz
CONGRATULATIONS FIZ

What a wonderful start to 2011
Looks like the pound has strengthened slightly today. Hope it's a good omen for us all.

Floss
Old Jan 4th 2011, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

ancpar is just really niceancpar is just really niceancpar is just really niceancpar is just really niceancpar is just really niceancpar is just really niceancpar is just really niceancpar is just really nice

Originally Posted by fiz

Fiz
Congratulations Fiz, all that hard work and patience has paid off at last, nice start to 2011.Good luck and our best wishes with your move to OZ.
Pat & John
Old Jan 4th 2011, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Fantastic news! Good luck with your move.
Old Jan 4th 2011, 3:58 pm
fiz
Forum Regular

fiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Les Avalook
Well done Fiz, that part is now all behind you and the best bit to look forward to.

Did you make payment to Perth or London?
Thanks for everybody's good wishes-this really IS the best forum-people are so supportive of each other

Les, I paid the money to Perth as I had been dribbling money over to Oz over the last few months, whenever I saw a reasonable exchange rate-(wish I'd changed a lot more now...!)

I am now going to not look at the exchange rate for 3 months in the hope that it will do better without me watching it!!!!!

My plans are to validate the visa when I go out for a visit at Easter, come back for a few more months work and then move out early September, though by validating at Easter I do have the option to delay a little if necessary. Hopefully not-I'm really looking forward to Spring in Sydney-YIPPEE!
Old Jan 4th 2011, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

Katie1955 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fiz

Fiz
Congratulations Fiz, what a lovely way to start the new year

Katie
Old Jan 5th 2011, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by fiz
I am now going to not look at the exchange rate for 3 months in the hope that it will do better without me watching it!!!!!
I tried that, lasted about 3 hours.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

Oldtimers is just really niceOldtimers is just really niceOldtimers is just really niceOldtimers is just really niceOldtimers is just really niceOldtimers is just really niceOldtimers is just really niceOldtimers is just really nice

Originally Posted by fiz
Thanks for everybody's good wishes-this really IS the best forum-people are so supportive of each other

Les, I paid the money to Perth as I had been dribbling money over to Oz over the last few months, whenever I saw a reasonable exchange rate-(wish I'd changed a lot more now...!)

My plans are to validate the visa when I go out for a visit at Easter, come back for a few more months work and then move out early September, though by validating at Easter I do have the option to delay a little if necessary. Hopefully not-I'm really looking forward to Spring in Sydney-YIPPEE!
Congratulations Fiz Can we ask how did you pay in Perth and how long did it take Shirley & David.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 4:17 pm
fiz
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Oldtimers
Congratulations Fiz Can we ask how did you pay in Perth and how long did it take Shirley & David.
Hi
I have a bank account in Sydney that I opened last year and over the last few months have been transferring over the visa money.When the request came, I phoned the bank to extend the daily limit and then transferred electronically the visa fee to my agent who then paid by his company credit card. The whole thing took 2 or 3 days.

I have a card on that account but because I am not sure whether it is just a debit card or dual purpose, I decided to play safe and go via the agent. However, he did say that credit card is quicker than banker's draft as this has to "clear" which can take a few days.

Hope this helps-obviously it was easier for me as I used the agent as intermediary but my bank (Commonwealth) were very helpful and I am sure they would have helped find another way. of course, the easiest way would be by direct transfer but DIAC don't permit that......
Regards

Fiz
Old Jan 5th 2011, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fiz
Hi
I have a bank account in Sydney that I opened last year and over the last few months have been transferring over the visa money.When the request came, I phoned the bank to extend the daily limit and then transferred electronically the visa fee to my agent who then paid by his company credit card. The whole thing took 2 or 3 days.

I have a card on that account but because I am not sure whether it is just a debit card or dual purpose, I decided to play safe and go via the agent. However, he did say that credit card is quicker than banker's draft as this has to "clear" which can take a few days.

Hope this helps-obviously it was easier for me as I used the agent as intermediary but my bank (Commonwealth) were very helpful and I am sure they would have helped find another way. of course, the easiest way would be by direct transfer but DIAC don't permit that......
Regards

Fiz
Over the years I have read on this site horror stories about some agents going belly-up, I think that was a very brave move.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 5:10 pm
fiz
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Les Avalook
Over the years I have read on this site horror stories about some agents going belly-up, I think that was a very brave move.
I don't disagree with you but the particular agent I was using is very well known on this site and others and in fact contributes to both forums.....however, fair point!

Luckily he didn't go belly up

i broke my rule of not looking at the exchange rate and yes-its got back down again!

regards
Fiz
Old Jan 9th 2011, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

jtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by fiz

Fiz
Congratulations Fiz - that means we move up too.
Hope you get there soon without a hitch.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

jtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by fiz
Hi

Regards

Fiz
Thanks for that information - perhaps we should look into opening an Australian account while we are over there on holiday soon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.