Contributory parent visa - anyone done it?

Old Mar 2nd 2007, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice
Default Contributory parent visa - anyone done it?

Ok - I might be getting waaaay ahead of myself here as me and OH not yet even in Aus (recap - he is Aussie, I will be applying for spouse visa around June time...).

My parents have always said they would never come other than for a holiday but I was looking at houses in the mountains in Maleny with my Mum the other day and she loves walking and scenery and seemed v impressed by what she could get for the same price as her house here.

I have since looked at the options for getting them out there and OH MY GOD, either you wait forever or you pay a fortune!! Has anyone done either option and got any comments to make??

If this thread has been done to death before and I just havent found it can someone link me to another thread, and sorry for going over old ground!!!

Any help will be gratefully received

RAchel
xxx
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Contributory parent visa - anyone done it?

Originally Posted by RachelH
Ok - I might be getting waaaay ahead of myself here as me and OH not yet even in Aus (recap - he is Aussie, I will be applying for spouse visa around June time...).

My parents have always said they would never come other than for a holiday but I was looking at houses in the mountains in Maleny with my Mum the other day and she loves walking and scenery and seemed v impressed by what she could get for the same price as her house here.

I have since looked at the options for getting them out there and OH MY GOD, either you wait forever or you pay a fortune!! Has anyone done either option and got any comments to make??

If this thread has been done to death before and I just havent found it can someone link me to another thread, and sorry for going over old ground!!!

Any help will be gratefully received

RAchel
xxx
Try the Barbie for the Contributory Parents thread,....its a long one!!
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 7:28 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DerekM
Try the Barbie for the Contributory Parents thread,....its a long one!!
Hi Derek

Any further news yet - you must be close ?

Regards

Jim
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hi Derek

Any further news yet - you must be close ?

Regards

Jim
Moneys in, Forms 815 delivered Thursday!! We have started packing!!!! Apartment sold, provisional removal date for 21st hoping to fly out 29th. Just the car to sell now and a thousand and one other bits and pieces. You need a memory like an elephant round here. Cant believe it after all this time. All our friends here are saying, so quickly, you are not staying for Easter (which is a big thing in Cyprus)? We have been offered the loan of a house in Avalon for 2 months so cant really miss that. Think I can go into the market for house keeping!
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 8:11 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DerekM
Moneys in, Forms 815 delivered Thursday!! We have started packing!!!! Apartment sold, provisional removal date for 21st hoping to fly out 29th. Just the car to sell now and a thousand and one other bits and pieces. You need a memory like an elephant round here. Cant believe it after all this time. All our friends here are saying, so quickly, you are not staying for Easter (which is a big thing in Cyprus)? We have been offered the loan of a house in Avalon for 2 months so cant really miss that. Think I can go into the market for house keeping!
Derek

You might get to meet Gedge in Avalonia! Not a bad spot to start off at.

Regards

Jim