contributory parent visa

Old Oct 14th 2005, 7:26 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: contributory parent visa

Originally Posted by joantobin
Hello
ours is a perminant visa for cp and we still have to be in oz by the 29th march and we have only just sent our 2nd vac .
So can anybody say for sure how long you have after you visit oz if you have to come back to uk [eg to sell your house ].

regards joan
It should say on your visa (it does on mine).

You have the usual 5 years (at the most) to make the move permanently.

I have to be there before April 2010.

G
Old Oct 16th 2005, 12:42 pm
reallywanabeeaussie

dmb357 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by shaun and lor
hi jim and diana thanks for your replys and well done on your visas.
one more question if i may. do you have a first entry date on this visa or are you able to arrive in oz anytime you like after grant.
i am assuming there is a date that they ask for the 2 nd payment by, but once this is paid can you then come when you decide is best?
cheers shaun and lor
Hi Shaun and Lor
We had 28 days to pay our 2nd VAC and the Visa was granted almost by return of post. We now have until 23 May 2006 to enter (this date is 12months after our medicals were done) after we have made that visit we can come and go as long as we spend 2 out of the next 5 years as residents in Australia. I have to say the house sale is far more of a problem than any part of the visa process!!
They do say however that if you can't make that date you just get your medicals re done.
Hope this helps.
Regards Diana
Old Oct 16th 2005, 3:38 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmb357
Hi Shaun and Lor
We had 28 days to pay our 2nd VAC and the Visa was granted almost by return of post. We now have until 23 May 2006 to enter (this date is 12months after our medicals were done) after we have made that visit we can come and go as long as we spend 2 out of the next 5 years as residents in Australia.
And every 2 out of 5 years after that, unless you become Australian citizens.

Timescales may be different if you have the temporary contributory parent visa.

Jeremy
Old Oct 19th 2005, 10:59 am
Honeybun

Honeybun will become famous soon enoughHoneybun will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hello Diana

Not earth shattering news - but sending you a PM shortly.

Regards

Jim
Just been requested to pay my 2nd VAC, so would be interested in your info on state pensions as well please.
Regards and many thanks
Barbara
Old Oct 19th 2005, 9:51 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Honeybun
Just been requested to pay my 2nd VAC, so would be interested in your info on state pensions as well please.
Regards and many thanks
Barbara
Hello Barbara

Have just forwarded to you - as a PM - what I sent to Joan and Diana some months ago.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Jim
Old Oct 20th 2005, 6:51 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Honeybun
Regards and many thanks
Barbara
Have a look here:

http://www.completeframing.com.au/BPIA/

G
Old Oct 20th 2005, 8:13 am
Honeybun

Honeybun will become famous soon enoughHoneybun will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hello Barbara

Have just forwarded to you - as a PM - what I sent to Joan and Diana some months ago.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Jim

Many thanks, look forward to reading it.
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

joantobin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dmb357
Hi Shaun and Lor
We had 28 days to pay our 2nd VAC and the Visa was granted almost by return of post. We now have until 23 May 2006 to enter (this date is 12months after our medicals were done) after we have made that visit we can come and go as long as we spend 2 out of the next 5 years as residents in Australia. I have to say the house sale is far more of a problem than any part of the visa process!!
They do say however that if you can't make that date you just get your medicals re done.
Hope this helps.
Regards Diana
Hy Diana
We have sold our house its the people who are buying ours thats having problems selling is . We have paid our 2nd vac and waiting for visas on the papers they sent us we have to be in oz for the 29th march . All this waiting about for the house gets a bit scary

regards Joan
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 3:36 pm
reallywanabeeaussie

dmb357 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by joantobin
Hy Diana
We have sold our house its the people who are buying ours thats having problems selling is . We have paid our 2nd vac and waiting for visas on the papers they sent us we have to be in oz for the 29th march . All this waiting about for the house gets a bit scary

regards Joan
Hi Joan
Great to hear you have the visa at last, I never dreamt it would be the house that would hold us up this time last year!!
Still our time will come! Good luck with your sale.
Diana