contributory parent visa

Old Apr 8th 2005, 4:17 pm
reallywanabeeaussie

dmb357 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: contributory parent visa

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hello Joan

Just sending you a PM re State Retirement Pension !!

Jim
Hi Jim
Please could I have any info you have on on State Pensions as well!!
Thanks Diana
Old Apr 9th 2005, 2:57 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dmb357
Hi Jim
Please could I have any info you have on on State Pensions as well!!
Thanks Diana
Hello Diana

Not earth shattering news - but sending you a PM shortly.

Regards

Jim
Old Apr 9th 2005, 5:11 pm
reallywanabeeaussie

Hello Diana

Not earth shattering news - but sending you a PM shortly.

Regards

Jim
Hi Jim
Thanks for that it confirms what we had been told but my husband heard on a news item that someone had taken the Pensions to court we have heard nothing since.
Regards Diana
Old Apr 9th 2005, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

joantobin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dmb357
Hi Jim
Thanks for that it confirms what we had been told but my husband heard on a news item that someone had taken the Pensions to court we have heard nothing since.
Regards Diana
Hi Diana

Yes they did but they didnt have much lookthey are suppose to be appealing sometime this year

Joan
Old Oct 10th 2005, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

shaun and lor is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all just reading through your thread and would like to know have you all managed to get out here yet. its now october.
would love to know as mother in law is applying.
cheers shaun
Old Oct 10th 2005, 10:12 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by shaun and lor
hi all just reading through your thread and would like to know have you all managed to get out here yet. its now october.
cheers shaun
Hello Shaun

Yes - we arrived in June - and now living in Terrigal on the NSW Central Coast - we have a house with what estate agents call a "sea glimpse". Our son and his family live on the Sydney northern beaches - we could only afford a balcony there - hence coming up here an hour and a half away.

We did our own application and the whole process took from June to December last year - approx 6 months. The hardest part was handing over the large payment for the 2 visas!

We were due to leave UK in January but our "buyer" decided he didn't have the money after all and we had to put the house back on the market. It sold straight away second time round but the whole process put it back a few months.

You haven't said where you live? Good luck with your MIL's application.

Regards

Jim
Old Oct 10th 2005, 11:58 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Shaun

Yes - we arrived in June - and now living in Terrigal on the NSW Central Coast - we have a house with what estate agents call a "sea glimpse". Our son and his family live on the Sydney northern beaches - we could only afford a balcony there - hence coming up here an hour and a half away.

We did our own application and the whole process took from June to December last year - approx 6 months. The hardest part was handing over the large payment for the 2 visas!

We were due to leave UK in January but our "buyer" decided he didn't have the money after all and we had to put the house back on the market. It sold straight away second time round but the whole process put it back a few months.

You haven't said where you live? Good luck with your MIL's application.

Regards

Jim
Hi Jim

Great to hear you have finally moved to Aus. It sounds like you have a lovely house and are enjoying your new life.

I have been following this thread with interest as my parents are intending on applying for the CPV next year and was wondering how you'd all gone on. So it's great to hear all worked out well.

I asked a question last night [I opened up a new thread as I didn't want to hijack this one] on whether CPV's can be obtained on shore?

My parents are intending to put their house up for sale as early as March next year [due to the housing market probs] and rather than them going into rented accommodation in UK, I was wondering if they could come here to Aus and live with us whilst they apply. Of course we realise this is a gamble as living here is not a "fait au compli" [sp?] to gaining the visa.

Unfortunately, my parents cannot apply until July next year as we have to be "settled" [I think this means over 2 years in Aus and / or citizenship?] and also my father will qualify on annual pension salary after next June when he retires.

I was wondering if you had ever considered an on-shore application or if you [or anyone on here] has heard of anyone doing this?

Anyways, just wanted to say I'm pleased it's all worked out well and to say Thanks to all on here who contributed as it has certainly helped people like me and my parents in terms of gaining a clearer insight.

Cheers - Phoenix
Old Oct 11th 2005, 10:08 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
Hi Jim

Great to hear you have finally moved to Aus. It sounds like you have a lovely house and are enjoying your new life.

I have been following this thread with interest as my parents are intending on applying for the CPV next year and was wondering how you'd all gone on. So it's great to hear all worked out well.

I asked a question last night [I opened up a new thread as I didn't want to hijack this one] on whether CPV's can be obtained on shore?

My parents are intending to put their house up for sale as early as March next year [due to the housing market probs] and rather than them going into rented accommodation in UK, I was wondering if they could come here to Aus and live with us whilst they apply. Of course we realise this is a gamble as living here is not a "fait au compli" [sp?] to gaining the visa.

Unfortunately, my parents cannot apply until July next year as we have to be "settled" [I think this means over 2 years in Aus and / or citizenship?] and also my father will qualify on annual pension salary after next June when he retires.

I was wondering if you had ever considered an on-shore application or if you [or anyone on here] has heard of anyone doing this?

Anyways, just wanted to say I'm pleased it's all worked out well and to say Thanks to all on here who contributed as it has certainly helped people like me and my parents in terms of gaining a clearer insight.

Cheers - Phoenix
Hi

I haven't read any replies you may have got to your new thread so you may already have all the info you need ..........

As we applied "offshore" we considered it to be an application that we could handle ourselves - ie no agent - and it proved to be that way - the hardest part was handing over the large 2nd VAC!!

I understand, however, that there are other complexities in applying "onshore", especially when it comes to the decision over permanent or temporary visa. Jeremy (JAJ) will be able to give you the best advice on this angle. Have you also read through the relevant Booklet on the DIMIA website - No 3 if I remember correctly - I believe that will cover all you need to know at this stage.

You are right on the 2 year ruling for yourself - the years apply, I believe, based on the Australian tax year which as you know is July - June.

Good luck - whichever way your parents decide on applying.

Regards

Jim
Old Oct 11th 2005, 11:02 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I haven't read any replies you may have got to your new thread so you may already have all the info you need ..........

As we applied "offshore" we considered it to be an application that we could handle ourselves - ie no agent - and it proved to be that way - the hardest part was handing over the large 2nd VAC!!

I understand, however, that there are other complexities in applying "onshore", especially when it comes to the decision over permanent or temporary visa. Jeremy (JAJ) will be able to give you the best advice on this angle. Have you also read through the relevant Booklet on the DIMIA website - No 3 if I remember correctly - I believe that will cover all you need to know at this stage.

You are right on the 2 year ruling for yourself - the years apply, I believe, based on the Australian tax year which as you know is July - June.

Good luck - whichever way your parents decide on applying.

Regards

Jim
Hi Jim

Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated.

I did read the booklet and as you say, Welshtony, George Lomard and JAJ have responded to my thread so I have a good idea what's involved now.

Thanks again .....and hope you keep enjoying your new life downunder! ;-)

Phoenix
Old Oct 12th 2005, 5:15 pm
reallywanabeeaussie

cheers shaun
Hi Shaun
We managed to get our visa through in 4 months but the sale of the house is keeping us here at present. Certainly no problem with doing the application our selves it was very straight forward.
Regards Diana
Old Oct 12th 2005, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

shaun and lor is an unknown quantity at this point

hi jim and diana thanks for your replys and well done on your visas.
one more question if i may. do you have a first entry date on this visa or are you able to arrive in oz anytime you like after grant.
i am assuming there is a date that they ask for the 2 nd payment by, but once this is paid can you then come when you decide is best?
cheers shaun and lor
Old Oct 12th 2005, 9:17 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

hi jim and diana thanks for your replys and well done on your visas.
one more question if i may. do you have a first entry date on this visa or are you able to arrive in oz anytime you like after grant.
i am assuming there is a date that they ask for the 2 nd payment by, but once this is paid can you then come when you decide is best?
cheers shaun and lor
Hello Shaun

From memory, and not from my paperwork, I believe we were given 28 days from the date of the request letter from DIMIA to pay the 2nd VAC. That alone does not guarantee the issue of the visa but, as that payment is the final link in the chain, I haven't heard of anyone not being granted the visa thereafter. The grant letter usually follows very shortly after this payment. Your final part will be to get the visa inserted in the passport - we did ours through London. Again, that only takes a few days - your grant letter will explain the procedure.

Again from memory I believe you have 1 year from the date of the MEDICAL to validate the visa in Australia (that's why they advise not to have the medical done until asked for), even if that is only for a "holiday type" visit if you are not ready to actually migrate by that date eg house sale problems, work etc.

I also have 5 years at the back of my mind - which I believe is the outside time by which the migration must take place - I may be wrong on this - and it wasn't relevant for us as we got here as soon as the house business was done.

Diana may be able to confirm this for you from her recent visa grant paperwork.

Hope that helps?

Regards

Jim
Old Oct 13th 2005, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Hello Shaun

From memory, and not from my paperwork, I believe we were given 28 days from the date of the request letter from DIMIA to pay the 2nd VAC. That alone does not guarantee the issue of the visa but, as that payment is the final link in the chain, I haven't heard of anyone not being granted the visa thereafter. The grant letter usually follows very shortly after this payment. Your final part will be to get the visa inserted in the passport - we did ours through London. Again, that only takes a few days - your grant letter will explain the procedure.

Again from memory I believe you have 1 year from the date of the MEDICAL to validate the visa in Australia (that's why they advise not to have the medical done until asked for), even if that is only for a "holiday type" visit if you are not ready to actually migrate by that date eg house sale problems, work etc.

I also have 5 years at the back of my mind - which I believe is the outside time by which the migration must take place - I may be wrong on this - and it wasn't relevant for us as we got here as soon as the house business was done.

Diana may be able to confirm this for you from her recent visa grant paperwork.

Hope that helps?

Regards

Jim

HI

Iv just sent our 2nd vac and we already have a time limit to validate our visa[
[witch we havent got yet ] witch is the 29th march 2006 .
I also think you have 5 yr after that like jim says

regards joan
Old Oct 13th 2005, 8:54 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joantobin
HI

Iv just sent our 2nd vac and we already have a time limit to validate our visa[
[witch we havent got yet ] witch is the 29th march 2006 .
I also think you have 5 yr after that like jim says

regards joan
If you get the temporary CP visa and validate you then have 5 years from the date you make it permanent.

G
Old Oct 14th 2005, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Grayling
If you get the temporary CP visa and validate you then have 5 years from the date you make it permanent.

G
Hello
ours is a perminant visa for cp and we still have to be in oz by the 29th march and we have only just sent our 2nd vac .
So can anybody say for sure how long you have after you visit oz if you have to come back to uk [eg to sell your house ].

regards joan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.