Wikiposts

Contributory Parent Visa

Old Oct 7th 2004, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

z_zakash has a brilliant futurez_zakash has a brilliant futurez_zakash has a brilliant futurez_zakash has a brilliant futurez_zakash has a brilliant futurez_zakash has a brilliant future
Default Contributory Parent Visa

hi,

for the contributory parent visa sponsor has to be the resident of australia for two year.

does this mean you have to have your PR for two years?

i am here since last two years. first year i was on student visa and now i am Permanent resident. so does this satisfy the two year condition

2) for Assurance fo support do i have to show the income for my last two years above the thresold mark or one year income will do?

regards

zak
Old Oct 7th 2004, 3:26 pm
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa

Hi Zak,
It doesnt have to be fully permanently, I am being a sponsor for my parents and have only been here as a PR for just over a year but previously on other Temp visa to make up over 2yrs.
For the AOS you will need to have documentation from the ATO to show you've done the last 2 years returns and had income above the threshold. As it sounds like you havent you may need to get someone else to be the assurer. Prob best to check with an agent on the exact requirements.
Cheers
Steve
Old Oct 7th 2004, 3:45 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve99
For the AOS you will need to have documentation from the ATO to show you've done the last 2 years returns and had income above the threshold. As it sounds like you havent you may need to get someone else to be the assurer. Prob best to check with an agent on the exact requirements.
Cheers
Steve
Very few people will sign a 10 year assurance of support for someone who's not close family.

Jeremy
Old Oct 7th 2004, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

z_zakash has a brilliant futurez_zakash has a brilliant futurez_zakash has a brilliant futurez_zakash has a brilliant futurez_zakash has a brilliant futurez_zakash has a brilliant future

hi

so assurer has to be working in Australia. A person working overseas cant be Assurer in this case?

zak
Old Oct 7th 2004, 11:17 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by z_zakash
hi

so assurer has to be working in Australia. A person working overseas cant be Assurer in this case?

zak
As a general rule, that's correct.

Jeremy
Old Oct 7th 2004, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

one more thing i would like to ask is if i am sponsoring my wife for PR. than apart from her how many sponsorships i can give ? is it only one more?

zak
Old Oct 8th 2004, 1:04 pm
JAJ
Retired

one more thing i would like to ask is if i am sponsoring my wife for PR. than apart from her how many sponsorships i can give ? is it only one more?

zak
It depends.

Can you demonstrate to DIMIA you can meet multiple sponsorship obligations?

And if you need to act as a discretionary assurer for your wife, bear in mind there is a *legal* limit on acting as assurer for more than 2 people.

If you do sponsor a spouse now, future spousal sponsorships may be restricted - again, depending on circumstances.

And if you were married when you were granted your visa and did not declare your spouse you have big problems coming up - people do get their visas cancelled for this reason and you need urgent professional advice.

Jeremy
Old Oct 8th 2004, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks jaj for reply,

well i am not married yet .

so apart form my wife still i can give two more sposorship is it what you are saying.

zak
Old Oct 8th 2004, 2:15 pm
JAJ
Retired

so apart form my wife still i can give two more sposorship is it what you are saying.

zak
No it's not what I'm saying.

I suggest you re-read what I posted. And if you need more details then seek professional advice as there is nothing I can add to it.

Jeremy
Old Oct 10th 2004, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

s_sajid78 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi,

if a person is australian resident but working overseas. can he give Assurance of support to some one.

is it possible.

saj
Old Oct 11th 2004, 8:19 am
JAJ
Retired

Originally Posted by s_sajid78
hi,

if a person is australian resident but working overseas. can he give Assurance of support to some one.

is it possible.

saj

In virtually all cases - no.

Read the AOS rules if you want more details.

Jeremy