Wikiposts

Contributory Parent Visa 143

Old Jun 15th 2006, 11:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa 143

Originally Posted by Nico
Yes, definitely. I'm already finding the waiting difficult...house sold, can't decide when to retire, want to get on with the next stage before I'm too decrepit etc. Would love to keep in touch with anyone going through this, and would be interested to know where people are heading to.

Nico
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
How do we set up a pm group? Presumably there is someway of saving peoples names into a group so that a message can be sent to everyone in the group?
Or do we exchange email addresses?
Old Jun 15th 2006, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

Nico has a spectacular aura aboutNico has a spectacular aura aboutNico has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by DerekM
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
How do we set up a pm group? Presumably there is someway of saving peoples names into a group so that a message can be sent to everyone in the group?
Or do we exchange email addresses?
Yes, I wondered that, but I'm new to forums so haven't a clue! I noticed some of the other categories have organised themselves in various ways so it must be possible. Anyway, I'm happy to exchange email addresses with other parents, but let's see if some more techie type can tell us what to do...
Old Jun 16th 2006, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

deci will become famous soon enoughdeci will become famous soon enough

Yes, I wondered that, but I'm new to forums so haven't a clue! I noticed some of the other categories have organised themselves in various ways so it must be possible. Anyway, I'm happy to exchange email addresses with other parents, but let's see if some more techie type can tell us what to do...
Hi Guys,

Sorry not a techie just another set of parents in the queue, also happy to join your gang. Sent our application off in early Feb this year so still a long way to go for us at least we can all give morale support to each other when we feel a little low.

Linda and John
Old Jun 16th 2006, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

sapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the rough

Yes, definitely. I'm already finding the waiting difficult...house sold, can't decide when to retire, want to get on with the next stage before I'm too decrepit etc. Would love to keep in touch with anyone going through this, and would be interested to know where people are heading to.

Nico
Hoping to go to Mount Colah, to the north of Sydney, if I ever get there! Son, wife and 3 grandchildren live there plus 2 nephews and one niece.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Contributory Parent Visa 143

Hi Nico another parent waiting we sent application of Oct and money was taken off 2nd Nov and we have heard nothing since hoping to be out in Sydney by Nov for our sons wedding I am getting a bit impatient now but we just have to wait and hope it won't be to much longer.
Janet
Old Jun 16th 2006, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
Hi Nico another parent waiting we sent application of Oct and money was taken off 2nd Nov and we have heard nothing since hoping to be out in Sydney by Nov for our sons wedding I am getting a bit impatient now but we just have to wait and hope it won't be to much longer.
Janet
And so the waiting continues - hopefully once July is here we will all start to hear something! New program year begins then so..... fingers crossed eh?
Have just put our house on the market - something else to focus on whilst waiting! Looks as though we should hear around the same time Janet as our visa was lodged 10th Oct and acknowledged 25th Oct 05.

Regards Linda
Old Jun 16th 2006, 9:08 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by budababes
And so the waiting continues - hopefully once July is here we will all start to hear something! New program year begins then so..... fingers crossed eh?
Have just put our house on the market - something else to focus on whilst waiting! Looks as though we should hear around the same time Janet as our visa was lodged 10th Oct and acknowledged 25th Oct 05.

Regards Linda
think i already know the answer to this, but here goes............

can i submit my mum and dads application (143), without form 80 (sponsor). this is to follow on. the reason being is that brother/sister in law are applying for their citizenship, which, i believe take about 4 months. sister in law is both sponsor and assuror to mum and dad. would like to get the ball rolling with their application and not have too many hold ups. i would have thought that with the time scale, the sponsorship form could be sent on after 4 months from application being sent in.

some how, i dont think DIMA would like this??.........................

Last edited by Sleeping Beauty; Jun 16th 2006 at 9:17 am.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about

Nico
Hi Nico - Our visa was lodged 10th Oct 05 but have not heard anything since acknowledgement 25th Oct 05. We are not using an agent so hope we will be o.k. Had an initial assessment and consultation with an agent and it all seemed fairly straight forward in our case so we decided to do it ourselves and save some cash - hope this was the right decision!!! We will see. We are planning to live within an hour's drive of our son and his wife who live in Charlestown, NSW. We rather liked the areas around Gloucester and Dungog but have made no firm decision til we eventually get there!!!!
We have put our house on market today. At least you will have one less thing to worry about having sold yours already. Where are you hoping to settle in Oz? Regards Linda & Keith
Old Jun 16th 2006, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
think i already know the anser to this, but here goes............

can i submit my mum and dads application (143), without form 80 (sponsor). this is to follow on. the reason being is that brother/sister in law are applying for their citizenship, which, i believe take about 4 months. sister in law is both sponsor and assuror to mum and dad. would like to get the ball rolling with their application and not have too many hold ups. i would have thought that with the time scale, the sponsorship form could be sent on after 4 months from application being sent in.

some how, i dont think DIMA would like this??.........................
Have just checked in the Parent Migration Booklet - Part 3 "Preparing your application and it says that you must complete and provide the relevant forms and Form 40 Sponsorship for migration to Australia is definitely one of them. Form 80 is anothe form which I understand they will request later on in the processing!! Linda
Old Jun 16th 2006, 9:24 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by budababes
Have just checked in the Parent Migration Booklet - Part 3 "Preparing your application and it says that you must complete and provide the relevant forms and Form 40 Sponsorship for migration to Australia is definitely one of them. Form 80 is anothe form which I understand they will request later on in the processing!! Linda
thanks linda. will look into a bit more once the realisation of our visa grant has hit home! might just bite the bullet and send it off with as much info as i can, and advise that the form will follow later! more likely, i will follow the correct procedure!
Old Jun 16th 2006, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

lorraine111 will become famous soon enoughlorraine111 will become famous soon enough
Red face Re: Contributory Parent Visa 143

hi everyone
it is great to know there are a few of us in this queue that can let each other know how things are going. deci you and I are around the same time with our applications. I have no idea how to set up a pm hopefully someone will read our threads and point us all in the right direction.
regards to everyone
lorraine
Old Jun 16th 2006, 10:02 pm
Banned

Gnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of light
Lightbulb Re: Contributory Parent Visa 143

Originally Posted by lorraine111
hi everyone
it is great to know there are a few of us in this queue that can let each other know how things are going. deci you and I are around the same time with our applications. I have no idea how to set up a pm hopefully someone will read our threads and point us all in the right direction.
regards to everyone
lorraine
Hi

Please may I join your group too? My mother has applied for CP143. Application lodged 29th November. She hopes to move to near Mandurah, WA.

I think the way that the PM group idea works is that everyone in the group adds everyone else in it to their Buddy List. (Click on the member's name and then choose 'add to buddy-list' from the drop down menu.) It seems to be possible to PM 5 buddies simultaneously.

I got the IT boys at work to have a look at this thread yesterday to see what they could suggest. Apparently with e-mails, if you want to e-mail a group there can be hassle with the Data Protection Act. To avoid that, anyone who has not specifically consented (in writing) to their private e-mail address being shown to third parties has to be copied in as a bcc so that the others cannot discover their e-mail address. That is too onerous a responsibility to park on anybody within this group, I feel. The Buddy & PM system gets round that. If there are 10 in the group, it is not a big deal for someone to send two separate PMs to 5 at a time, I suspect. I don't know for sure - this is only what the IT guys told me. According to them, the software used to set up sites like BE already has in-built ways of protecting everyone involved against potential Data Protection Act risks.

I don't know whether it is possible to create a central list that people can add their own details to - as with a blackboard. I think probably one central person has to look after the list, update it as and when people give him/her fresh info, and then circulate the list to everyone in the group periodically, either via group PMs or via publishing it on the thread if everyone involved is happy to do that instead. This seems to be how it works with the big lists I have seen, unless somebody knows of a better way of doing it (which they easily might. I'm not an expert with computers.)

Anybody still interested so far?

Gnut
Old Jun 16th 2006, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

sapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Gnut Kracker
Hi

Anybody still interested so far?

Gnut
I'm quite happy just posting on this thread - and reading everyone else's posts here.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 11:41 pm
Banned

Gnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of lightGnut Kracker is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sapphire3
I'm quite happy just posting on this thread - and reading everyone else's posts here.
Hi Sapphire

I agree with you. I simply asked the IT boys in the office to tell me about the PM idea, since it had been mooted and seemed popular. Seems to me that you could all simply choose to keep this thread going instead, which would be much easier, I think.

Reading old threads from last year, the POPC slowed to a crawl from April - June 2005 too, but things then happened pretty quickly for everyone once the new Program Year began on 1st July 2005. So this slow-down in recent weeks could be an annual event with the POPC, I suspect.

Dunno. I'll post again if and when anything more starts to happen in our own camp. Meanwhile, the best of luck to everyone else and I hope nobody will be left in limbo for too long.

Gnut

Last edited by Gnut Kracker; Jun 17th 2006 at 1:17 am.
Old Jun 17th 2006, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gnut Kracker
Hi Sapphire

I agree with you. I simply asked the IT boys in the office to tell me about the PM idea, since it had been mooted and seemed popular. Seems to me that you could all simply choose to keep this thread going instead, which would be much easier, I think.

Reading old threads from last year, the POPC slowed to a crawl from April - June 2005 too, but things then happened pretty quickly for everyone once the new Program Year began on 1st July 2005. So this slow-down in recent weeks could be an annual event with the POPC, I suspect.

Dunno. I'll post again if and when anything more starts to happen in our own camp. Meanwhile, the best of luck to everyone else and I hope nobody will be left in limbo for too long.

Gnut
Hi Gnut, thanks for your research to try to link up the "Contributory Parent Visa 143 Applicants". I agree though that it will probably be just as easy to continue with this thread to keep each other informed. You bet that as soon as any of us hears from POPC we will be so "high" that we will rush to pass on any information of progress etc. As visa was lodged 10th Oct 05 we are hoping to hear something soon - meanwhile enjoy this glorious summer that has descended on us! It can't be much longer surely??????
Good Luck with you visa! Linda

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.