Wikiposts

Contributory aged parent visa

Old Jun 25th 2014, 9:59 pm
Just Joined

Loufamily is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Contributory aged parent visa

Hi, my Mum is planning to come to oz permanently. She meets visa criteria.She would apply offshore, so questions are

1) If she applies for contributory visa offshore can she visit as normal on tourist visa for up to 3 months etc?

2) Can you apply straight for permanent visa or is it a process of temporary then permanent?

3) How long does each one take to grant?

I am aware that she can reside for 2 years whilst permanent one is being decided is this what most people do?

She is 69 and healthy etc and has no other family in UK so sooner the better.

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 25th 2014, 10:17 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Contributory aged parent visa

Originally Posted by Loufamily

I am aware that she can reside for 2 years whilst permanent one is being decided is this what most people do?
She can only do that if she has been granted the temporary visa. There is no Other visa which will allow her to stay for 2 years.....until she is granted either the permanent or temporary visa......or she can visit on a tourist visa.....which can be for up to a year once she has applied for the parent visa

The waiting times are about the same for the permanent or the temporary visa.

The waiting time is around 2 years as far as I know.
Old Jun 26th 2014, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all
Default Re: Contributory aged parent visa

She can also apply for a visitor visa which will allow her to stay for up to 12 months in Australia.