Contributary parent visa

Old May 9th 2005, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

sarah & mark has a spectacular aura aboutsarah & mark has a spectacular aura aboutsarah & mark has a spectacular aura about
Default Contributary parent visa

Hi all,

I have recived a pre grant letter along with the second VAC payment (the large 1) for a contributory parent visa.

So as soon as it has been paid I am in. This should take 2-4 weeks, so not long now.

I had the med in March & the bond was paid on 18/04/2005.

Maybe things are moving along & others will hear somthing soon.

I will keep you posted.

Sarah.
Old May 9th 2005, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

sarah & mark has a spectacular aura aboutsarah & mark has a spectacular aura aboutsarah & mark has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Contributary parent visa

By the way please ignore the timeline below I am on my loggin posting on behalf of my mother in law.

Sarah.
Old May 9th 2005, 12:40 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Contributory Parent visa

Maybe not as long as you think ... I sent credit card payment details for a client's 2nd VAC by fax to the Perth Offshore Processing Centre this morning (Melbourne time) and had visa grant confirmed this afternoon ...

Good luck!

Originally Posted by sarah & mark
Hi all,

I have recived a pre grant letter along with the second VAC payment (the large 1) for a contributory parent visa.

So as soon as it has been paid I am in. This should take 2-4 weeks, so not long now.

I will keep you posted.

Sarah.
Old May 9th 2005, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Alan,

It's very nice of you to let me know, thank you.

Credit card details have been sent to the agent today, they will have them by wednesday, they will then send the details on to POPC by courier, & hopefully in about 1 / 2 weeks I will have the visa. I hope im not being to optimistic!

Altho when I hear how quick it took for the grant you just mentioned it makes me wish we used you.

Thanks again.

Sarah.
Old May 10th 2005, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough

Hi all,

I will keep you posted.

Sarah.

Hi Sarah

The visa will along any time now for your M in law. The second VAC hurts a little dosen't it? We had to pay for 2 of us and I'm still recovering from the shock...but then I am a Yorkshireman!

Good luck and best wishes to M in law.
Old May 10th 2005, 10:44 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Stewie
Hi Sarah

The visa will along any time now for your M in law. The second VAC hurts a little dosen't it? We had to pay for 2 of us and I'm still recovering from the shock...but then I am a Yorkshireman!

Good luck and best wishes to M in law.
Hello Stuart

How you doing? Settling down for the South coast winter?!

As you will see from my revised profile - we exchanged contracts last Friday (while on a well-deserved break to Paris!!). Our completion date is 25 May and we get to Sydney on 6 June after a break in Malaysia (what - another one!?)

The 2 conveyancers both needed a bit of size 10 from both us and our buyer to enable the exchange to happen without it dragging on further but we got there in the end. They even faxed our hotel to give us the good news. Mind you - I expect to see the charge for that on our itemised bill!

So - we're back to the final clear out of stuff that hasn't seen the light of day for years, if at all! This part, at least, is a good exercise to chuck the clutter.

We are fast approaching the 1 year mark when we sent off our visa application. In the end, the visa was the easy bit and this house selling fiasco has delayed us by months through no fault of our own. Let's just hope that the buying bit over there is (a bit) less stressful. Is this wishful thinking!?

Sarah - sorry if I've invaded this thread!

Regards

Jim
Old May 10th 2005, 11:44 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Just to confirm that a faxed payment form was all the DIMIA needed to process the 2nd VAC ... no need to send the original ... at least there wasn't when I sent one earlier this week ...

Best regards.

Hi Alan,

Credit card details have been sent to the agent today, they will have them by wednesday, they will then send the details on to POPC by courier, & hopefully in about 1 / 2 weeks I will have the visa. I hope im not being to optimistic!

Altho when I hear how quick it took for the grant you just mentioned it makes me wish we used you.

Thanks again.

Sarah.
Old May 10th 2005, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

joantobin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Alan,

Thanks again.

Sarah.
Hi Sahra
Congrats and well done its about time somebody had some good news we,r still no further ive been on queue calcalater its come down from 470 at the end of jan to 240 now so we shouldn,t be long .

regards Joan
Old May 10th 2005, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

joantobin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hello Stuart

How you doing? Settling down for the South coast winter?!

As you will see from my revised profile - we exchanged contracts last Friday (while on a well-deserved break to Paris!!). Our completion date is 25 May and we get to Sydney on 6 June after a break in Malaysia (what - another one!?)

The 2 conveyancers both needed a bit of size 10 from both us and our buyer to enable the exchange to happen without it dragging on further but we got there in the end. They even faxed our hotel to give us the good news. Mind you - I expect to see the charge for that on our itemised bill!

So - we're back to the final clear out of stuff that hasn't seen the light of day for years, if at all! This part, at least, is a good exercise to chuck the clutter.

We are fast approaching the 1 year mark when we sent off our visa application. In the end, the visa was the easy bit and this house selling fiasco has delayed us by months through no fault of our own. Let's just hope that the buying bit over there is (a bit) less stressful. Is this wishful thinking!?

Sarah - sorry if I've invaded this thread!

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim
Good look hope everything goes well for you

regards Joan