Contradiction with Engineers Australia

Old Mar 8th 2013, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

milon_h is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Contradiction with Engineers Australia

My friend Sumit has assessed his skill from Engineers Australia in Telecommunication Network Engineer and he is staying in Adelaide on 475 visa. He wanted to assess again in Electrical Engineering and he submitted his documents accordingly. But the problem is his 2nd documents (CV, employer reference) have no similarity with the past. He used to work for a mobile company and there he used to work both for telecom and power. But, he thought to highlight power in the second assessment, he didn't mention anything about telecom. EA(Engineers Australia) already rejected his second assessment but kept the first one. They are considering this as fraudulent activity and want to inform to Immigration.

Currently my friend applied for PR (separately, not continuation of 475) with his first assessment and CO yet to be assigned.

He is in a panic and wanted to have some help?? Will it impact his new VISA?? Can his current 475 VISA be troubled?? What measures can he take now??
Old Mar 8th 2013, 8:39 am
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Contradiction with Engineers Australia

Originally Posted by milon_h
My friend Sumit has assessed his skill from Engineers Australia in Telecommunication Network Engineer and he is staying in Adelaide on 475 visa. He wanted to assess again in Electrical Engineering and he submitted his documents accordingly. But the problem is his 2nd documents (CV, employer reference) have no similarity with the past. He used to work for a mobile company and there he used to work both for telecom and power. But, he thought to highlight power in the second assessment, he didn't mention anything about telecom. EA(Engineers Australia) already rejected his second assessment but kept the first one. They are considering this as fraudulent activity and want to inform to Immigration.

Currently my friend applied for PR (separately, not continuation of 475) with his first assessment and CO yet to be assigned.

He is in a panic and wanted to have some help?? Will it impact his new VISA?? Can his current 475 VISA be troubled?? What measures can he take now??
I think this case warrants a MARA-registered agent to represent your friend, and not the advice of strangers on a free forum.

I am baffled as to why someone with a successful skills assessment would submit to another - surely this would require a CDR, and that would require a few years experience in the capacity as an electrical engineer. Not knowing exactly what a 'Telecommunication Network Engineer' does, to me seems to be quite a stretch to all of a sudden be an Electrical Engineer
Old Mar 8th 2013, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

derAl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Contradiction with Engineers Australia

Actually the complete issue would smell funny to me too.

How can you completely change your CV?

I mean of course everybody is able to highlight certain aspects which might be helpful for an application, but completely changing sounds suspicious.

According to the migration skills assessment booklet paragraph 10 this could affect his Visa application if EA should get in touch with the Immigration Authorities.

10. Fraud
Applications will be rejected where there is evidence of
fraud, plagiarism or forged documents. We refer
applicants to the Engineers Australia Code of Ethics, in
particular the demonstration of integrity, available on the
website www.engineersaustralia.org.au

The suggestion from msmyrtle sounds coherent and like the only solution to me.