July 1st 2017 Visa Changes/Updates

Old Jun 30th 2017, 8:42 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default July 1st 2017 Visa Changes/Updates

A summary of 1 July 2017 changes by the Department.

https://www.border.gov.au/News/Pages...b-changes.aspx

1 July 2017 changes to skilled visa programmes

https://www.border.gov.au/WorkinginA...7-changes.aspx

Update Fees and Charges

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Fees
Old Sep 25th 2017, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

TeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: July 1st 2017 Visa Changes/Updates

NSW State Sponsorship (SC 190 visa) list updated for the 2017-18 year on the 25th Sept.
They state:

"The NSW 190 Priority Skilled Occupation List has been updated. In the 2017-18 financial year, we will continue to select and invite top ranking candidates in occupations on the NSW 190 Priority Skilled Occupation List (NSW 190 List). We will select and invite candidates on an ongoing basis throughout the financial year. There are no key dates involved in this process."

"The occupations on these lists are selected to meet the skill needs of the NSW economy. Our lists will be amended from time to time according to the skills needs in NSW. We also limit the number of invitations to certain occupations to ensure that places allocated under the 190 program are in line with the skills needs of NSW.

The highest ranking candidates in occupations on the NSW 190 Priority Skilled Occupation List (NSW 190 List) will be invited first. "
Old Sep 26th 2017, 12:23 am
Just Joined

Jaxu2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TeeTMI
NSW State Sponsorship (SC 190 visa) list updated for the 2017-18 year on the 25th Sept.
They state:

"The NSW 190 Priority Skilled Occupation List has been updated. In the 2017-18 financial year, we will continue to select and invite top ranking candidates in occupations on the NSW 190 Priority Skilled Occupation List (NSW 190 List). We will select and invite candidates on an ongoing basis throughout the financial year. There are no key dates involved in this process."

"The occupations on these lists are selected to meet the skill needs of the NSW economy. Our lists will be amended from time to time according to the skills needs in NSW. We also limit the number of invitations to certain occupations to ensure that places allocated under the 190 program are in line with the skills needs of NSW.

The highest ranking candidates in occupations on the NSW 190 Priority Skilled Occupation List (NSW 190 List) will be invited first. "
Thank you, I got very excited until I read this part “You must be under 45 years old at the time you submit your application for NSW nomination and when you are nominated by NSW nomination for the 190 visa.”

I thought they were relaxing the age limit, I just turned 47 last week :’-(
Old Sep 26th 2017, 6:25 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jaxu2
Thank you, I got very excited until I read this part “You must be under 45 years old at the time you submit your application for NSW nomination and when you are nominated by NSW nomination for the 190 visa.”

Far from relaxing it, its been tightened to 45 for most skills visas.
Old Sep 26th 2017, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

TeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jaxu2

As Pollyanna points out there was a reduction in the age limit to less than 45 years of age for most (the transitional stream will reduce next year) of the skilled visa options in July including the 189 and 190 visas.
Old Oct 12th 2017, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Victoria State Sponsorship - Update 12/10/17
Note also Victoria have also changed some of their selection criteria (English and work experience) for these occupations.

Please note the state of Victoria have advised the following.

"Due to a large volume of visa nomination applications received, applications for engineering and building occupations on the Visa Nomination Occupation List for Victoria will not be accepted from 16 October 2017 to 12 January 2018.

Applicants who hold an offer of employment in Victoria in their nominated occupation or meet the streamlined PhD or 457 pathways are not affected by this closure and may apply for these engineering and building occupations during this time.

The occupations affected by the temporary closure are:

312112 Building Associate

233211 Civil Engineer

312211 Civil Engineering Draftsperson

233311 Electrical Engineer

312311 Electrical Engineering Draftsperson

233512 Mechanical Engineer

233914 Engineering Technologist

This temporary closure will allow processing of all outstanding applications and reduce the risk of delay for future applicants.

All applications received prior to 16 October 2017 will be assessed against the guidelines that applied at time of application and an outcome will be provided in due course.

Applications for all other occupations eligible for Victorian Government visa nomination remain open. "
Old Oct 26th 2017, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Queensland State Sponsorship 190/489 visas Update:

Interstate Skilled Applicants no longer eligible

25 October, 2017

BSMQ will not be sending out any more invitations to interstate applicants.

Interstate applicants are no longer able to apply for Queensland state nomination.
If you are currently interstate, in order to be eligible for Queensland state nomination, you must meet our Working in Queensland or Alumni pathway criteria. This would require you to move to Queensland and meet any working requirements before submitting an Expression of Interest to BSMQ.