British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Contact number for DIAC ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/contact-number-diac-612481/)

ZeeAsh Jun 2nd 2009 5:47 am

Contact number for DIAC ?

Hi,

Any one know the contact number for DIAC (ASPC) to dial from outside australia.

+61 1300 364 613 is not responding when I dial from outside australia.

thanks.

Mukesam Jun 2nd 2009 6:01 am

Re: Contact number for DIAC ?

Originally Posted by ZeeAsh (Post 7625148)
Hi,

thanks.

Number is correct. The lines are so busy that you would be very lucky if you make it through.

Altavista Jun 2nd 2009 6:11 am

Originally Posted by ZeeAsh (Post 7625148)
Hi,

thanks.

I am experiencing the same since yesterday. I have never experienced this before. Line alway used to went through and after that they put you on long wait.

clairey b Jun 2nd 2009 8:28 am

Perth DIAC Telephone number?

Hi everyone!

I was just wondering if anyone knows the telephone number for DIAC in Perth. I believe they have just moved offices, and i was just wondering if anyone knew the phone number? Have looked on the website-its got the address but no phone number (although it may well be right under my nose but just can't see it!!!)

By the way i am applying for the 121 pr visa?

Many thanks

Claire

Mukesam Jun 2nd 2009 8:34 am

Re: Perth DIAC Telephone number?

Originally Posted by clairey b (Post 7625524)
Hi everyone!

I was just wondering if anyone knows the telephone number for DIAC in Perth. I believe they have just moved offices, and i was just wondering if anyone knew the phone number? Have looked on the website-its got the address but no phone number (although it may well be right under my nose but just can't see it!!!)

By the way i am applying for the 121 pr visa?

Many thanks

Claire

Dear Clairey,

As far as I know, this is the ph # of DIAC, 00611300364613. I have been contacting them on this number [did not call them for last 2 weeks though]. I don't know if they have changed office or phone line. Would you please share the source that says office has been relocated?

Regards,

clairey b Jun 2nd 2009 8:47 am

Originally Posted by Mukesam (Post 7625544)
Dear Clairey,

As far as I know, this is the ph # of DIAC, 00611300364613. I have been contacting them on this number [did not call them for last 2 weeks though]. I don't know if they have changed office or phone line. Would you please share the source that says office has been relocated?

Regards,

Many thanks Mukesam for the number, will give it a try tomorrow.

I had heard from a friend they had moved, then i googled it and there was an link i found on there (i could have read it wrongly of course!!). I am going to try and add the link, but i'm not very good with technology so forgive me if it doesn't work!!! :unsure:

http://twitter.com/advocatemig/status/1648152244

Claire

Mukesam Jun 2nd 2009 8:57 am

Originally Posted by clairey b (Post 7625569)
Many thanks Mukesam for the number, will give it a try tomorrow.

I had heard from a friend they had moved, then i googled it and there was an link i found on there (i could have read it wrongly of course!!). I am going to try and add the link, but i'm not very good with technology so forgive me if it doesn't work!!! :unsure:

http://twitter.com/advocatemig/status/1648152244

Claire

Thanks Claire,
Link did work.
hmmm, interesting thing......I might have a clue of some thing for other fourms in this link. It could be that they are in process of shifting and that could be the reason we have seen slow progress on cases in last week and this week.

Thanks again.
Regards,

clairey b Jun 2nd 2009 9:14 am

Originally Posted by Mukesam (Post 7625618)
Thanks Claire,
Link did work.
hmmm, interesting thing......I might have a clue of some thing for other fourms in this link. It could be that they are in process of shifting and that could be the reason we have seen slow progress on cases in last week and this week.

Thanks again.
Regards,

At least it worked-not very computer literate!!

Fingers crossed we hear something soon!!

Best of luck

Claire x

Janaka Jun 3rd 2009 1:23 pm

I too Tryed from Sri Lanka 00611300364613 but its not working

adeelak Jun 5th 2009 6:35 am

DIAC Phone number problem !

Hi,

I need to know if some one called to +61-1300 364 613 and was charged very excessively (As I was told my cell phone carrier that this is a satellite phone number :sneaky: ). Why on earth do DIAC uses a satellite number ???:confused:

How do this 1300 works in Oz and does anybody from Pakistan have called on it and charged in excess.

--regards

Khan

Pollyana Jun 5th 2009 6:41 am

Re: DIAC Phone number problem !

Originally Posted by adeelak (Post 7636040)
Hi,

I need to know if some one called to +61-1300 364 613 and was charged very excessively (As I was told my cell phone carrier that this is a satellite phone number :sneaky: ). Why on earth do DIAC uses a satellite number ???:confused:

How do this 1300 works in Oz and does anybody from Pakistan have called on it and charged in excess.

--regards

Khan

Its not a satellite phone number, many businesses and departments here use 1300 numbers and they are not sat phones, they are standard lines.

moneypenny20 Jun 5th 2009 7:58 am

Why on earth are you all trying to ring DIAC? You're not going to get the responses you want, probably won't even get detailed information. All you will do is irritate the hell out of them. If they don't post phone numbers on their websites then it's fairly obvious they don't want phone calls.