Confussion after submission of EOI

Old Sep 18th 2012, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

asifadam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Confussion after submission of EOI

Hi all,
I am a telecom engineer and i have submitted an EOI and selected subclass 189and190, points scored were 55 at the time of submission of EOI thus i applied for SA sponsorship but now i have improved my IELTS score and my points accumulates to 65 after updatiing my EOI.
Questions:
1. Now would i get an invitation for both?
2. If i got invitation for 190 and i am interested in 189 what should i do in order to obtain 189?
3. what is the freez time if i am not accepting the invitation 190?
4. would i get an invitation for 189 when the freeze time ends?
5. If i get SA state sponsorship and i apply against 190. Is it a complusion to stay in SA for three years even if i am not getting my revelent field job?

Please guide and advise.

Last edited by asifadam; Sep 18th 2012 at 6:16 pm. Reason: one more revelent question raised in my mind
Old Sep 19th 2012, 12:27 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confussion after submission of EOI

Originally Posted by asifadam
Hi all,
I am a telecom engineer and i have submitted an EOI and selected subclass 189and190, points scored were 55 at the time of submission of EOI thus i applied for SA sponsorship but now i have improved my IELTS score and my points accumulates to 65 after updatiing my EOI.
Questions:
1. Now would i get an invitation for both? You can only select one visa subclass for sponsorship by SA.
2. If i got invitation for 190 and i am interested in 189 what should i do in order to obtain 189? If you want to go for the 189, why not just go for the 189?
3. what is the freez time if i am not accepting the invitation 190? If you refuse an invitation twice, then your EoI will be removed from the system. You can ask them to suspend your EoI so that you don't receive offers during that time though. It will also automatically be removed from SkillSelect after two years if no invitation has been made.
4. would i get an invitation for 189 when the freeze time ends? See above.
5. If i get SA state sponsorship and i apply against 190. Is it a complusion to stay in SA for three years even if i am not getting my revelent field job? You are required to live & work in the state for two years once you've arrived. It's not a huge cost considering what you get for that. Why do you think that you won't get a job in your specified field? Call me sceptical, but it sounds like you're laying the groundwork for a 'jumping state' thread later down the line.

Please guide and advise.
Answers in red.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
Answers in red.
HI Mrsgreenstar76
thank you for your reply.
can i widthdraw my EOI and submitt another EOI?
As per the telecom jobs in SA, i searched different sites for revelent job but did not find telecom job although the telecom engineer is in high availability in SA.

regards
Old Sep 19th 2012, 10:49 am

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

HI Mrsgreenstar76
thank you for your reply.
can i widthdraw my EOI and submitt another EOI?
As per the telecom jobs in SA, i searched different sites for revelent job but did not find telecom job although the telecom engineer is in high availability in SA.

regards
Yes, you can withdraw your EoI. Just follow the instructions on the SkillSelect site.

Withdrawing an EOI

You can withdraw your EOI at any time by accessing your SkillSelect account and selecting the option “Withdraw EOI”. If you withdraw your EOI it will be permanently removed from SkillSelect.

Last edited by mrsgreenstar76; Sep 19th 2012 at 11:31 am.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

Yes, you can withdraw your EoI. Just follow the instructions on the SkillSelect site.
Hi mrsgreeenstar76

Thanks for the information
one last question.. after withdrawal of EOI, can i resubmit EOI immediately? or i can only apply after 2 years?
regards

Last edited by asifadam; Sep 19th 2012 at 11:31 am.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 11:31 am

Hi mrsgreeenstar76

Thanks for the information
one last question.. after withdrawal of EOI, can i resubmit EOI immediately?
regards
I can't see why not, but I can't say definitively. I didn't see anything to the contrary on the website.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

I can't see why not, but I can't say definitively. I didn't see anything to the contrary on the website.
Is there any email address from which this time-period of resubmitting EOI after withdrawal can be confirmed.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 12:10 pm

Is there any email address from which this time-period of resubmitting EOI after withdrawal can be confirmed.
No, not that I could see. DIAC don't have e-mail addresses for people to contact them on anyway. You have the link for SkillSelect information. Have a read through it. If you need to speak to DIAC, you'll need to call them.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

No, not that I could see. DIAC don't have e-mail addresses for people to contact them on anyway. You have the link for SkillSelect information. Have a read through it. If you need to speak to DIAC, you'll need to call them.
whats the calling number?
Old Sep 19th 2012, 1:08 pm

whats the calling number?
Go to the DIAC website. In the top, right-hand corner (underneath the search bar), there is a button entitled 'contact us'. If you hover over that, it will display a drop down menu. Select 'national telephone numbers'. All the numbers you need are there.
Old Sep 21st 2012, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

Go to the DIAC website. In the top, right-hand corner (underneath the search bar), there is a button entitled 'contact us'. If you hover over that, it will display a drop down menu. Select 'national telephone numbers'. All the numbers you need are there.
thanks alot..
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 10:13 am
Just Joined

ruchkal is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Did you get the invitation to apply? I am interested to know. I would be very grateful if you can reply... Thanks
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ruchkal
Hi, Did you get the invitation to apply? I am interested to know. I would be very grateful if you can reply... Thanks
hi ruchkal

No i haven't got any invitation yet
Old Sep 24th 2012, 3:55 am
Just Joined

ruchkal is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope you will get the invitation soon.......
Old Sep 24th 2012, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ruchkal
I hope you will get the invitation soon.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.