Wikiposts

confused over sponsorship visa???????

Old Mar 6th 2008, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice
Default Re: confused over sponsorship visa???????

right ok, that's interesting. It gives us a bit more hope of securing a sponsorship.

Would you perhaps reccommend coming out to try and find sponsorship first or sign up for a student visa, start course and then look for sponsorship?

I'm really grateful for all your help!

Becky
Old Mar 6th 2008, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Hay Becky,

Really not my place to advise on this, can only tell you what has happened for us. Although we talked bout the Student Visa being a 'legal', quick (but v expensive) way of getting over here, n that sponsorship would be great, we really weren't sure about the reality of it happening and still aren't really, just that we have a chance of it. If we could have got a permanent sponsorship before we came over then yeah, would have taken it. A 457, possibly, many do come over with that. The way we see it is that (although a risk) the student visa should get us PR in the end and if we have to rely on this at the end up, then that's fine. As i said, if I can only get a 457, then I'm not sure if we would decide for hubbie to continue the course or not, but we'll cross that bridge if n when it comes!!

Cheers
Mandy
Old Mar 7th 2008, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice

Originally Posted by mandyp
Hay Becky,

Really not my place to advise on this, can only tell you what has happened for us. Although we talked bout the Student Visa being a 'legal', quick (but v expensive) way of getting over here, n that sponsorship would be great, we really weren't sure about the reality of it happening and still aren't really, just that we have a chance of it. If we could have got a permanent sponsorship before we came over then yeah, would have taken it. A 457, possibly, many do come over with that. The way we see it is that (although a risk) the student visa should get us PR in the end and if we have to rely on this at the end up, then that's fine. As i said, if I can only get a 457, then I'm not sure if we would decide for hubbie to continue the course or not, but we'll cross that bridge if n when it comes!!

Cheers
Mandy
thanks again for advice!

We don't really know where to begin.......would ideally like to get a sponsor but it's knowing where to start!

Websites i have looked at say you need to be a resident to gain employment? Do you know how we go about finding a sponsor? I know the obvious is phone/email all organisations i can find details of but that could take months!

Any info gratefully recieved!

Becky
Old Mar 7th 2008, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by stumpysean
thanks again for advice!

We don't really know where to begin.......would ideally like to get a sponsor but it's knowing where to start!

Websites i have looked at say you need to be a resident to gain employment? Do you know how we go about finding a sponsor? I know the obvious is phone/email all organisations i can find details of but that could take months!

Any info gratefully recieved!

Becky
Hi Becky,

Suppose for you guys sounds like a chicken n the egg senario!!

www.careerone.com.au
www.seek.com.au

You'll find loads of vacancies here, maybe you could e-mail some with a cover letter explaining your circumstances and forward your resume. Really not sure how easy it would be to gain sponsorship this way, but you could always give it a go and in the meantime, apply to a course and just see what happens first. At the point that you need to start to hand over some cash, you could decide which way you wanna take it? I think tho, that if its a childcare sponsorship, it has to be regional, so bear this in mind.

Have you decided where you guys are headed or are you just at the begining stages sussing out if it's all possible?

Cheers
Mandy