British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Confused with Aussie Visa! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/confused-aussie-visa-902834/)

Atkinz101 Sep 3rd 2017 3:28 pm

Confused with Aussie Visa!

Hi,
Sorry if this is a silly thread.

I have the possibility of moving from my company in the Uk to our Australian office.

Looking at the options, it seems I may only be able to get a 2 year which is pointless as I’d like to move my family over with me and look at oetmenant residency.

I’m a Corporate Account Manager at present and would be doing an ide focal role in Australia. I’ve seen Corporate General Manager is on the medium-long list however with a salary of 180k plus!

I’m looking for any advice or pointers on where to look. The Australian Visa site is quite confusing and I want to make sure I could get a 4 year visa before going through the application stages with my company as I don’t want to get the job and not be able to follow through with it.

Thank you in advance and sorry again if this has been answered before.

Pollyana Sep 3rd 2017 4:14 pm

Re: Confused with Aussie Visa!

Originally Posted by Atkinz101 (Post 12330427)
Hi,
Sorry if this is a silly thread.

I have the possibility of moving from my company in the Uk to our Australian office.

Looking at the options, it seems I may only be able to get a 2 year which is pointless as I’d like to move my family over with me and look at oetmenant residency.

I’m a Corporate Account Manager at present and would be doing an ide focal role in Australia. I’ve seen Corporate General Manager is on the medium-long list however with a salary of 180k plus!

I’m looking for any advice or pointers on where to look. The Australian Visa site is quite confusing and I want to make sure I could get a 4 year visa before going through the application stages with my company as I don’t want to get the job and not be able to follow through with it.

Thank you in advance and sorry again if this has been answered before.

If you want permanent residency then you need to look at that, not at a 2 or 4 year temporary visa. Have a look at a 189, the skilled independent visa, as that's the best one.

Atkinz101 Sep 3rd 2017 4:53 pm

Thank you for the reply. The only issue I can see with the 189 is the time it could take for processing as there is a role now and one coming in the next couple of months. Sadly my job role doesn’t come up very often within our company as most stay for a number of years.

My thinking around the 4 year temp Visa was having a pathway to permenant residency.

Pollyana Sep 3rd 2017 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by Atkinz101 (Post 12330481)
Thank you for the reply. The only issue I can see with the 189 is the time it could take for processing as there is a role now and one coming in the next couple of months. Sadly my job role doesn’t come up very often within our company as most stay for a number of years.

My thinking around the 4 year temp Visa was having a pathway to permenant residency.

You still have to qualify for permanent residency, there is no guaranteed pathway to PR just because you have held a 457. Plus the way they have made changes over the last few years I wouldn't put any bets on what things will be like in 4 years time.
Nothing to stop you coming on a 457 now if you and the company meet the criteria, and applying for a 189 simultaneously. When thats granted you just become PR as it over-rides the 457.