Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Confused about when I should move to Ausralia...when is the right time?

Confused about when I should move to Ausralia...when is the right time?

Old Jun 16th 2010, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

udayrocks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Confused about when I should move to Ausralia...when is the right time?

Hi Friends,

This is Uday from India.

I received my VE 175 in April 2010. I am yet to move to Australia and validate my visa.

I am planning to move in September 2010 but I am getting mixed feedback. Since I will have to go there and hunt for a job its a tricky decision. Lot of people told me its not a right time to move as things will slow down from September onwards because of Christmas and new year. There won't be much hiring happening around during this time.

Is this true. If yes then should I travel in December so from Jan onwards there be more job openings? But then my visa will be 8 months old if I plan to go in December. I am really confused at this point of time.........I hope if I go late it won't affect my visa any way?

Please give me your feedback. Thanks in advance

Regards,
Uday
Old Jun 16th 2010, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

qamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really nice
Default Re: Confused about when I should move to Ausralia...when is the right time?

Originally Posted by udayrocks
Hi Friends,

This is Uday from India.

I received my VE 175 in April 2010. I am yet to move to Australia and validate my visa.

I am planning to move in September 2010 but I am getting mixed feedback. Since I will have to go there and hunt for a job its a tricky decision. Lot of people told me its not a right time to move as things will slow down from September onwards because of Christmas and new year. There won't be much hiring happening around during this time.

Is this true. If yes then should I travel in December so from Jan onwards there be more job openings? But then my visa will be 8 months old if I plan to go in December. I am really confused at this point of time.........I hope if I go late it won't affect my visa any way?

Please give me your feedback. Thanks in advance

Regards,
Uday
Hi Uday,
No, it wont affect your visa as long as you travel before the validation date specified in the Visa Grant letter/ label.

More over, if one is capable enough , jobs will always be there be it any time of year. People usually give all sort of opinions.

I personally feel if one is capable and lucky, he or she can get job any time and anywhere.

Rest its up to you, what ever suits you best and what ever you feel comfirtable with.

All the best for your future in Australia.

Cheers,
Qamar
Old Jun 16th 2010, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

simfaisal is just really nicesimfaisal is just really nicesimfaisal is just really nicesimfaisal is just really nicesimfaisal is just really nicesimfaisal is just really nicesimfaisal is just really nicesimfaisal is just really nicesimfaisal is just really nicesimfaisal is just really nicesimfaisal is just really nice
Default Re: Confused about when I should move to Ausralia...when is the right time?

Hi,
I think it's somehow factual based on previous postings here as I read earlier. The overall opinion is usually things get slower due to end of year, christmas etc.But This doesn't mean that no body is hiring at all. Of course, there will be hiring.

Next, before the expiry date of visa validity, you can go over there, and settle. but if you go during september-december, you can atleast look for hourse, recruitment agencies, schools for children, look for friends etc, and it will help you to settle better provided that how much you take with you to survive without a job.

Best regards
simfaisal
Old Jun 16th 2010, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for your suggestions........ya it makes sense to go as early as possible and get use to things around and settle down......but I was wondering if I go in Sept......and suppose if If i dont get job till say Jan....so I will get 3-4 months career gap.....will that be a problem in getting a job?.....Do emplyers understand that migration can create career gaps?......I hope they do
Old Jun 16th 2010, 6:37 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

There's a long gap between September and Christmas. Things do quieten down slightly from about middle of December to middle of Jan but it's no more than that. I'd move when I was ready and forget about what 'people' say. We arrived mid November and whilst we had a few weeks off finding location, house etc he started looking for a job immediately after NY and got one three days later, others have taken months but the same thing happens all year round.
Old Jun 16th 2010, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

ya thanks for ur views........this really helps ....