Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Confused about ENS 856, Vetassess, and DIAC requirements

Wikiposts

Confused about ENS 856, Vetassess, and DIAC requirements

Old Feb 21st 2008, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

upyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to all
Default Confused about ENS 856, Vetassess, and DIAC requirements

I’ve just had a positive assessment from Vetasses which I was hoping to use to apply for an 856 onshore ENS visa application. I am currently working on a 457 and have a different employer who is willing to sponsor me for either 856 or 457.
Although the assessment is positive, the skill requirement for ASCO code 3129-13, Metallurgical and Materials Technician, (Associate professional) is only an AQF Cert 4. However the extract from Vetassess website shown below mentions AQF Advanced Diploma is the minimum requirement for ENS general professional occupations. Immi website makes no mention of this.
I’ve got more than the required 3 years post qualification experience, so I thought I would be able to apply for 856 without requiring the 2 years Australian work experience, ( been here 14 months ).

My question is would I be able to apply now, having a positive assessment from Vetassess for an occupation on the ENSOL list, and more than 3 years post qualification experience, but not having an AQF Advanced Diploma equivalent qual?

I don’t have enough points for independent skilled migration, age and only 40 point occupation.
Thanks.

Extract from immi.gov 856/121:
To be eligible for permanent residency under this visa, the employee must meet one of the following requirements:

Have had their skills assessed as suitable by the relevant skills assessing authority and, unless exceptional circumstances apply, have at least three years full-time work experience in the occupation immediately before the visa application is lodged.

Extract from Vetassess :
Employer Nominated Scheme :
For the ENS program, general professional occupations require a qualification equivalent to at least the educational level of an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Advanced Diploma
Old Feb 21st 2008, 2:46 am

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Confused about ENS 856, Vetassess, and DIAC requirements

Hi Upyerfud,

I've sent you a private message.