Necessary number of points - visa 190

Old Sep 22nd 2017, 12:57 am
Just Joined

martin56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Necessary number of points - visa 190

Hi all,

I am planning to apply to VISA 190 (Skilled Nominated visa). Just like the visa 189, I need a minimum of 60 points to be eligible to the visa. It seems that more points may be necessary to actually receive the visa: I have heard of 70 points for Accountants for example. I would like how many points are really required for my occupation (mathematician).

A migration lawyer mentioned a website containing the history of how many points were require to make the cut in the last 'rounds', for each occupation, but I can't find it. Do you know this website?

Thank you in advance for your help,
Martin
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 1:22 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Necessary number of points - visa 190

Originally Posted by martin56
Hi all,

I am planning to apply to VISA 190 (Skilled Nominated visa). Just like the visa 189, I need a minimum of 60 points to be eligible to the visa. It seems that more points may be necessary to actually receive the visa: I have heard of 70 points for Accountants for example. I would like how many points are really required for my occupation (mathematician).

A migration lawyer mentioned a website containing the history of how many points were require to make the cut in the last 'rounds', for each occupation, but I can't find it. Do you know this website?

Thank you in advance for your help,
Martin
Skill Select can provide results for the invitation rounds - latest results

You can also find the occupation ceilings for each occupation group on Skill Select - occupation ceilings and how many invitations have been issued.

Each round invites those with the highest points first and make no distinction for occupation group during invites. Looking at the latest round, no invites were issued for 189's below 60 points. However, state sponsored visas are not included in these results as sponsored visas are invited regardless I think so if you meet the states criteria you should be good to go if they agree to sponsor you.
Old Sep 24th 2017, 11:49 pm
Just Joined

martin56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Necessary number of points - visa 190

Thank you. From your second link, there are no "pro rata arrangements" for mathematician, which probably means that 60 points are enough, as you said.