Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Conditions for 138 Sponsored - just granted, but need to know more

Conditions for 138 Sponsored - just granted, but need to know more

Old Sep 29th 2008, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

GMallows is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Conditions for 138 Sponsored - just granted, but need to know more

We have just been granted our skilled 138 visa - excellent news, however we'd like to understand more about the conditions.

Our understanding is that to satisfy the conditions you have to spend 2yrs out 5yrs from the first date on which you enter Oz. These 2 yrs can be non-consecutive.

My personal circumstance is that I work for BP in Azerbaijan (Process Engineer) on an in-country expat assignment with my family, and will be there for the next 4yrs.

I have been told that as the Oz government don't expect you to give up a job to undertake 2yrs, they will accept somebody in my circumstances:
1. renting or purchasing a property in Oz to prove you have a base there and are contributing to the economy
2. visit the country on a regular basis during the 5yrs

Is this correct?
Old Sep 30th 2008, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

huiyin will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Conditions for 138 Sponsored - just granted, but need to know more

Originally Posted by GMallows
We have just been granted our skilled 138 visa - excellent news, however we'd like to understand more about the conditions.

Our understanding is that to satisfy the conditions you have to spend 2yrs out 5yrs from the first date on which you enter Oz. These 2 yrs can be non-consecutive.

My personal circumstance is that I work for BP in Azerbaijan (Process Engineer) on an in-country expat assignment with my family, and will be there for the next 4yrs.

I have been told that as the Oz government don't expect you to give up a job to undertake 2yrs, they will accept somebody in my circumstances:
1. renting or purchasing a property in Oz to prove you have a base there and are contributing to the economy
2. visit the country on a regular basis during the 5yrs

Is this correct?

Congratulation!!! could you please tell me what's occupation you had applied (urgent occupation)? When was you application?Thank you! I'm 138 too, but no news after waitting 13.5 months.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 7:37 am
Just Joined

GMallows is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied using my first degree (Chemistry with Chemical Engineering), but the whole process for myself, wife and 2 children took approx 12 months. I ended up sending them emails to gee them up which seemed to work.

best of luck.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

huiyin will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by GMallows
I applied using my first degree (Chemistry with Chemical Engineering), but the whole process for myself, wife and 2 children took approx 12 months. I ended up sending them emails to gee them up which seemed to work.

best of luck.
Could you tell me the exactly date you apply the visa? Where do you live? I'm form high risk country. So, waiting too long and still no new.