Concerned......How much longer

Old Oct 17th 2010, 7:17 am
Just Joined

stot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Concerned......How much longer

Hello

Have only posted on here a few times but regularly read about the experiences of others and have found the site very useful.

My partner & myself submitted our permanent residency application in Nov 2009 & still have not heard a thing from immigration. We have front loaded all documents except for Australian police checks. We have still not even been assigned a case officer. Our online application status still says that all documents are required. I have called immigration & they have verbally confirmed that they have received all of our documents but still no change in the online status & still no case officer.

I am a Registered Nurse & we are currently already living & working in Australia on a 457 Visa. We have been here for 2 years now. We are keen for our application to be processed as we want to move early next year.

Does any one have any ideas on how long applications are taking & do you think that immigration would have let us know if there was something wrong with our application. Its soooooo frustrating.

Thanks

Sarah
Old Oct 17th 2010, 7:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Concerned......How much longer

I take it that you have applied on the strength of your qualifications not your OH's?

If so, I am a bit surprised you have not heard anything yet, I saw many nurse applications being processed within about 6 months earlier in the year. I take it neither of you are from a high risk country?

Anyway not sure what else to suggest at this point, you have already contacted DIAC so if there was an oversight and your application had been missed or something they would have picked it up. I do think you would have been told if there was something wrong with your application. You definitely met the points requirement didn't you?
Old Oct 17th 2010, 7:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I take it that you have applied on the strength of your qualifications not your OH's?

If so, I am a bit surprised you have not heard anything yet, I saw many nurse applications being processed within about 6 months earlier in the year. I take it neither of you are from a high risk country?

Anyway not sure what else to suggest at this point, you have already contacted DIAC so if there was an oversight and your application had been missed or something they would have picked it up. I do think you would have been told if there was something wrong with your application. You definitely met the points requirement didn't you?
Hi

Yes have applied on my qualifications as an RN. We are both from the UK. We more than met the points requirements as I have an offer of employment from my 457 employer.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 7:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stot
Hi

Yes have applied on my qualifications as an RN. We are both from the UK. We more than met the points requirements as I have an offer of employment from my 457 employer.
I could be wrong, but I didn't think an offer of employment carried any points. How many points did you count for that?

Could you ask your employer to sponsor you for ENS?
Old Oct 17th 2010, 7:40 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

then you're just going to have to be patient. You have already contacted DIAC and they acknowledge that they have received your application and your documents, so there is nothing more you can do.

Is your employer willing to sponsor for PR? If so you can convert your 175 application to ENS.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 7:48 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Hello

Have only posted on here a few times but regularly read about the experiences of others and have found the site very useful.

My partner & myself submitted our permanent residency application in Nov 2009 & still have not heard a thing from immigration. We have front loaded all documents except for Australian police checks. We have still not even been assigned a case officer. Our online application status still says that all documents are required. I have called immigration & they have verbally confirmed that they have received all of our documents but still no change in the online status & still no case officer.

I am a Registered Nurse & we are currently already living & working in Australia on a 457 Visa. We have been here for 2 years now. We are keen for our application to be processed as we want to move early next year.

Does any one have any ideas on how long applications are taking & do you think that immigration would have let us know if there was something wrong with our application. Its soooooo frustrating.

Thanks

Sarah
Currently processing GSM visas from Aug/Sep 2008 (based on agent info/posts on here) and in line with their stated plan hopeto have all pre-Jul 10 applications (cat 3) done by Dec 2011
Old Oct 17th 2010, 8:01 am
Just Joined

I could be wrong, but I didn't think an offer of employment carried any points. How many points did you count for that?

Could you ask your employer to sponsor you for ENS?
Sorry I cannot remember exactly how many points it gave for the job offer. I have thought about asking my employer to sponsor me for ENS, but could that mean that I am then contracted to stay with my employer for a certain length of time?
Old Oct 17th 2010, 8:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sorry I cannot remember exactly how many points it gave for the job offer. I have thought about asking my employer to sponsor me for ENS, but could that mean that I am then contracted to stay with my employer for a certain length of time?
Well as I say, I don't think it gives any, so I just wondered if the job offer points you have included were taking you up to the 120 required.

No you are not contracted to stay with your employer for ENS, although at the time of lodging both you and the employer should have the expectation that you will remain in the role for at least 3 years. But things happen and situations change and you cannot be forced to stay anywhere you don't want to.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 8:44 am
Just Joined

Well as I say, I don't think it gives any, so I just wondered if the job offer points you have included were taking you up to the 120 required.

No you are not contracted to stay with your employer for ENS, although at the time of lodging both you and the employer should have the expectation that you will remain in the role for at least 3 years. But things happen and situations change and you cannot be forced to stay anywhere you don't want to.
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...-in-demand.htm

The bottom of the page mentions points for job offer. I am pretty sure it was 20 points.