Concerned about my EOI

Old May 4th 2016, 3:24 am
Just Joined

raja008 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Concerned about my EOI

Hi all,

my query is regarding my invitation letter, i have successfully launched the EOI on 27th August 2015, and according to the points calculation i am standing at 60 points for subclass 189, 65 points for subclass 190, and 70 points for subclass 489.

Now the problem is that my current student visa is expiring on 14th of may 2016, and i cannot apply 485(Temporary residence), because that is only once in lifetime and i have had that before for 18 months, as i came to australia to do commercial cookery previously, but since that had no PR i jumped back on student visa to study accounting, and the current EOI is done on the basis of masters in professional accounting, that has been completed.

i just want to know is there any chance, anywhere or any how, that i can request the skillselect people to quickly issue me an invitation letter and i can straight away put my application for PR and avoid the extension of student visa?

or any other way out from this? pls help and pls advise the best...

m in a terrible shape thinking abt it all the time...
Old May 4th 2016, 3:59 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Concerned about my EOI

Originally Posted by raja008
Hi all,

my query is regarding my invitation letter, i have successfully launched the EOI on 27th August 2015, and according to the points calculation i am standing at 60 points for subclass 189, 65 points for subclass 190, and 70 points for subclass 489.

Now the problem is that my current student visa is expiring on 14th of may 2016, and i cannot apply 485(Temporary residence), because that is only once in lifetime and i have had that before for 18 months, as i came to australia to do commercial cookery previously, but since that had no PR i jumped back on student visa to study accounting, and the current EOI is done on the basis of masters in professional accounting, that has been completed.

i just want to know is there any chance, anywhere or any how, that i can request the skillselect people to quickly issue me an invitation letter and i can straight away put my application for PR and avoid the extension of student visa?

or any other way out from this? pls help and pls advise the best...

m in a terrible shape thinking abt it all the time...
What occupation are you applying under? Do you have necessary skills assessment, etc?

Given that 190 and 489 both require a state nomination that you will not receive in time, I would say that your chances are slim and you should make plans to leave Australia particularly if you have nominated accountancy.
Old May 4th 2016, 4:10 am
Just Joined

occupation applied is general accountant and skills assessment is done successfully, i know that now the chances are slim considering the time i have, and that's the reason i m trying to explore a way where i can get the invitation letter before the last day of my current visa i.e. 14/05/2016, or else i'll extend student visa by getting a COE of some college for a diploma course like 6 months, and buy myself some extra time, but the money involved will me huge, that's the reason i m like why not get the Invitation letter early and save on money as well as going through that toil...
Old May 4th 2016, 4:16 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

occupation applied is general accountant and skills assessment is done successfully, i know that now the chances are slim considering the time i have, and that's the reason i m trying to explore a way where i can get the invitation letter before the last day of my current visa i.e. 14/05/2016, or else i'll extend student visa by getting a COE of some college for a diploma course like 6 months, and buy myself some extra time, but the money involved will me huge, that's the reason i m like why not get the Invitation letter early and save on money as well as going through that toil...
Accountants are subject to rationing of invitations due to being oversubscribed - there's been talk for sometime that they may be removed from the list.

The last invitation round (27th April) saw invitations issued to EOI's with 70 points or more so you have what I would consider as no hope of being issued an invitation with only 60 points any time soon as I would imagine there is already a very long list of those.
Old May 4th 2016, 4:45 am
Just Joined

mate, clearly the question is that can i get them to issue me an invitation letter before my current visa expires, and as far as the last invitation round (27th April) is concerned, FYI, major invitations were issued to EOI's with 60 and 65's, atleast that's what ISCAH migration is saying...
Old May 4th 2016, 5:09 am

mate, clearly the question is that can i get them to issue me an invitation letter before my current visa expires, and as far as the last invitation round (27th April) is concerned, FYI, major invitations were issued to EOI's with 60 and 65's, atleast that's what ISCAH migration is saying...
27/4/16 - last invitation for accountants, 70 points lodged 16 April - SkillSelect 27 April 2016 Round Results

13/4/16 - last invitation for accountants, 70 points lodged 2nd April - SkillSelect 13 April 2016 Round Results

23/3/16 - last invitation for accountants, 70 points lodged 15th March - SkillSelect 23 March 2016 Round Results

There will have been many invitations to 60 point EOI's in that time but accountants is on rationed invitations. I'd sack the ISCAH agent and find a MARA one. You can check older invitation rounds on Skill Select - SkillSelect
Old May 4th 2016, 5:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

No need to be rude.

I thought your question was clearly answered already. No, you are not going to get an invitation before your current visa expires as 60 points is not enough for an accountant. You should be making other plans by now.
Old May 4th 2016, 7:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

mate, clearly the question is that can i get them to issue me an invitation letter before my current visa expires
No.
Old May 4th 2016, 9:14 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

...and, another no. I have no idea why you think you should get the special treatment you want

PS why are you looking to a site like ISCAH for information? They can't even get the name right of the Australian government department that deals with migration, instead they use a name that ceased almost three years ago!

Last edited by spouse of scouse; May 4th 2016 at 9:40 am.
Old May 4th 2016, 10:35 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Please do NOT use that term to people you do not know, Old Sparkles is
1 Female
2 will, almost certainly, Never be your mate.

Please respect the people giving their own time to answer you queries and respect them.
Old May 4th 2016, 11:04 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Please do NOT use that term to people you do not know, Old Sparkles is
1 Female
2 will, almost certainly, Never be your mate.

Please respect the people giving their own time to answer you queries and respect them.
I agree, as a female I'd hate to be called mate, it's usually male to male thing, could've gone worse and called her dear.
To the OP, just because you want to stay in Oz, as has been pointed out this would take a miracle and a half. There are people in the queue long before you with 60 point who are just as desperate and DIBP does not care what you need or want, they only care what Australia needs or wants.
Old May 4th 2016, 11:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teza
I agree, as a female I'd hate to be called mate, it's usually male to male thing, could've gone worse and called her dear.
Yep me too. I find it very offensive.
Old May 4th 2016, 1:30 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teza
To the OP, just because you want to stay in Oz, as has been pointed out this would take a miracle and a half. There are people in the queue long before you with 60 point who are just as desperate and DIBP does not care what you need or want, they only care what Australia needs or wants.
My mates are my close friends. Random strangers on a form who I will never meet? Nothing matelike there
Old May 5th 2016, 10:26 am
Just Joined

apologies for everything, i m a man to learn from every mistake, AND I HAVE, i have no intention of disrespecting anyone here, especially when you all are trying to help me get out of the immigration matter related stress... anyway i did the wrong thing, i m sorry for that, lets cut it there...

what i would like to share here is that, i went and called one of the regional development bodies in NSW and explained my situation and committed to move in that area and develop a business over there, with which i was able to convince them, and they have agreed to provide me the invitation letter for 489. i just want to share this so if anyone is in such an extreme emergency,(last 9 days of visa remaining), go and talk to the RD authorities, hopefully they'll understand and use their discretionary powers to provide you with an IL that can help you, mine is in northern inland, i know its far out from sydney and i'll hv to move, but i think i m gonna like it... i must also mention that go through every RD office if you hv to, i got my luck in the 4th one.

OS, BS, Pollyana and almost all annoyed, i apologise
Old May 5th 2016, 10:35 am
Home and Happy

apologies for everything, i m a man to learn from every mistake, AND I HAVE, i have no intention of disrespecting anyone here, especially when you all are trying to help me get out of the immigration matter related stress... anyway i did the wrong thing, i m sorry for that, lets cut it there...

what i would like to share here is that, i went and called one of the regional development bodies in NSW and explained my situation and committed to move in that area and develop a business over there, with which i was able to convince them, and they have agreed to provide me the invitation letter for 489. i just want to share this so if anyone is in such an extreme emergency,(last 9 days of visa remaining), go and talk to the RD authorities, hopefully they'll understand and use their discretionary powers to provide you with an IL that can help you, mine is in northern inland, i know its far out from sydney and i'll hv to move, but i think i m gonna like it... i must also mention that go through every RD office if you hv to, i got my luck in the 4th one.

OS, BS, Pollyana and almost all annoyed, i apologise
No probs Good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.