Concept Australia

Old Jul 29th 2010, 11:53 pm
Just Joined

0z2012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Concept Australia

Hi there
I am new to this forum and just about to start the long process of immigration to Australia from the UK, couple of questions.
1. Has anyone used or heard of concept Australia, I have read mixed bag of good and bad reviews, but these were posts from few years back. What sort of charges should I be expected to pay.
2. What are the processing times for Skilled family sponsored visas, I have 115 points hence was advised to get my wife’s uncle to sponsor us as this would reduced the requirement from 120 points to 100 points. I occupation is in the SOL but as I am 36 I only manage 115 points. I have been told by one agent it could take 18 – 24 months and another estimated 24 – 36 months!
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
CJ
Old Jul 30th 2010, 12:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Concept Australia

You would probably be better off asking your questions in the Immigration forum.
Personally, if my visa application was going to be remotely complex, as yours sounds to be, I would be using an agent who was consistently very highly recomended such as George Lombard.
Some things are worth spending money on.
Good luck
Old Jul 30th 2010, 12:53 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there

We used them in 2003 and couldn't fault them! In fact if it wasn't for them we wouldn't be here now.

We were recommended them by a friend of a friend and they were fairly near to us so we went along for a chat. At the time OH could satisfy the requirements for everything for a 136 but needed paper qualifications to back up his skills. So off he went and did that because it was looking good as his programming skills were on the MODL list.

Then disaster struck...whilst doing studies and exams the ******* at the migration office took all Microsoft programming stuff of the MODL list so we lost those valuable points, I wasn't worth anything so we thought that was it but thankfully our chap at Concept suggested the STNI path which we had never heard of and....here we are today.

We couldn't have done it without their help and guidance and they pulled out the stops as we were on a deadline to get the main application in before OH's 45 birthday which we did 2 days before!

The one thing we liked about them is that they said they wouldn't take us on if they couldn't get us the visa.

Maybe it depends who you get as I think the company has expanded quite a bit since we were with them but we dealt with Grahame at the Head Office.

Hope this helps!

KK

p.s. Any job not on the Critical List is now taking ages, a friend was quoted 2 years (now thankfully has a 457) and I think family sponsored visas will take longer anyway. The STNI was fast tracked and we got it in 9 months.
Old Jul 30th 2010, 2:02 am
BE Enthusiast

What_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really nice

Hi, we used this agency, (the one based in chiselhurst)in 2007.
Found them to be really good. Helpful, professional,quick to reply to any queries we had.
I would def highly recommend
Debbie
Old Jul 30th 2010, 2:56 am
BE Enthusiast

macy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by What_a_life
Hi, we used this agency, (the one based in chiselhurst)in 2007.
Found them to be really good. Helpful, professional,quick to reply to any queries we had.
I would def highly recommend
Debbie
We used them and had no problems, we liked the fact that if they didn't think we would get in then they wouldn't take us on.
Old Jul 30th 2010, 3:56 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Simpson
You would probably be better off asking your questions in the Immigration forum.
Personally, if my visa application was going to be remotely complex, as yours sounds to be, I would be using an agent who was consistently very highly recomended such as George Lombard.
Some things are worth spending money on.
Good luck
I'll move the thread there
Old Jul 30th 2010, 8:13 am
Just Joined

Question Re: Concept Australia

Thanks everyone for you advice and help, it all seems complicated I don't even want to dare to this without an agent.

Does anyone know how long a visa for a skilled family sponored will take. Basically my skill is on the SOL, but I am 5 points short of 120 mark.

Hence I have been advised to use a family member to sponsor me as the pass mark for this sort of visa is 100 points. Any help or if some one could point me in the direction would be great. Even is someone could give me the visa subclass number, I can try find out the rest.

thanks
CJ

Last edited by 0z2012; Jul 30th 2010 at 8:14 am. Reason: spelling mistake
Old Jul 30th 2010, 8:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 0z2012
Thanks everyone for you advice and help, it all seems complicated I don't even want to dare to this without an agent.

Does anyone know how long a visa for a skilled family sponored will take. Basically my skill is on the SOL, but I am 5 points short of 120 mark.

Hence I have been advised to use a family member to sponsor me as the pass mark for this sort of visa is 100 points. Any help or if some one could point me in the direction would be great. Even is someone could give me the visa subclass number, I can try find out the rest.

thanks
CJ
The "family sponsored" bit has no relevance to how long your visa will take to be processed, all family sponsored does is reduce the points requirement.

What matters is whether your occupation is on schedule 3 or 4 or the SOL and I don't think you have told us that. If it is on schedule 4 then in any case you would need state sponsorship rather than family sponsorship. If it is on schedule 3 then you are in processing category 3. This category could start to move soon because category 2 is for SMP sponsored visa applications and at the moment there are not many of those about.

But having said all that, we simply cannot answer your question because these are new processing priorities, only introduced two weeks ago and we need to watch and see how things start to move in the coming months.

Your visa would be a 176 by the way.
Old Jul 30th 2010, 8:37 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Concept Australia

I think it is schedule 3 from what I can see, I will keep my fingers crossed that it is soon, I have been quoted 18 to 24 months or 24 to 36 months!
Must say I am impressed, I have picked up so much information from this forum, that simply would have taken me days looking through the web.
Thanks
Everyone
Old Jul 30th 2010, 8:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I think it is schedule 3 from what I can see, I will keep my fingers crossed that it is soon, I have been quoted 18 to 24 months or 24 to 36 months!
Must say I am impressed, I have picked up so much information from this forum, that simply would have taken me days looking through the web.
Thanks
Everyone
I daresay the quotes were guesswork too. And you really do need to confirm which schedule you are on, it is critical to your strategy.
Old Jul 30th 2010, 8:53 am
Just Joined

Unhappy Re: Concept Australia

From the list on this link it certainly looks like schedule 3. I will come under the ASCO Code & occupation 2231 -13.
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/sol/
Hope what you say about the shortage of schedule 2 will push schedule 3 up the priority list is turns out to be true. I really want to get on with the process before the OZ government change their minds again.
Thanks
Old Jul 30th 2010, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

I have justed checked and I am in schedule 3, hope this means it is 18 to 24 months and not 24 months to 36 months.
Old Jul 30th 2010, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Hampshire - soon to be somewhere between Brissie and Gold Coast!!!
MrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud of

Hi there
I am new to this forum and just about to start the long process of immigration to Australia from the UK, couple of questions.
1. Has anyone used or heard of concept Australia, I have read mixed bag of good and bad reviews, but these were posts from few years back. What sort of charges should I be expected to pay.
2. What are the processing times for Skilled family sponsored visas, I have 115 points hence was advised to get my wife’s uncle to sponsor us as this would reduced the requirement from 120 points to 100 points. I occupation is in the SOL but as I am 36 I only manage 115 points. I have been told by one agent it could take 18 – 24 months and another estimated 24 – 36 months!
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
CJ
Hi

We are in the same position as you guys! We have 115 points as hubby just missed out on an extra 5 due to being 35! We also have family sponsorship luckily - by his Uncle which means we only need 100 points like yourself. As Bermuda advised it's a 176 you will need to apply for. We are also thinking about whether or not to use an Agent. We were quoted £900 plus VAT by Go Matilda. We also have a fairly straightforward case like yourselves so have to think whether or not it's worth paying out for the peace of mind. We are doing the skills assessment ourselves which bought the price down. What occupation are you in?
Old Jul 31st 2010, 12:02 am
Just Joined

Hi there, good to hear some else has the same worries. I am in IT Management got 14 years experience. I was quoted £2400 by one agent and £1500 by another. Like you it is the peace of mind to know that someone who knows what they are doing is checking things for you.
I am hoping it does not take too long, as I am worried if it takes too long I am not getting any younger finding employment might get tricky!
CJ
Old Jul 31st 2010, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

spadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nice

Hi,
We used Concept Australia and must say they were fantastic, as said previous they will only take you on if they know you have the skills required for Australia Immigration. Mark and Steven from Manchester kept us in touch all through the process and it was peace of mind to leave the legal side of things to the professionals.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.