Computing Graduate - best hope of visa

Old Jun 22nd 2010, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

ddvilanova is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Computing Graduate - best hope of visa

Hi I have graduated with an honours degree in computing this year and hope ot move to australia asap. I have a wife and child and so a working holidaymaker visa is not an option.

What is the best option for getting a visa to work in australia.

How much work experience will i need as i have seen estimates of between 12 months and 4 years.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

evishalarora is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Computing Graduate - best hope of visa

Originally Posted by ddvilanova
Hi I have graduated with an honours degree in computing this year and hope ot move to australia asap. I have a wife and child and so a working holidaymaker visa is not an option.

What is the best option for getting a visa to work in australia.

How much work experience will i need as i have seen estimates of between 12 months and 4 years.
Well I think you require atleast 3 years of experience in last 4 years of work in SOL field(in your case its computing).

but still this will get you only 115 points with minimum required level of english and an age under 29, which is still less than 120 points for independent visa. However, you can go for SS in this case, which requires only 100 points.

To Achieve that extra 5 points, you need to sit for an IELTS to get atleast 7 in all modules. Another way is if you can proof your wife's skills are also on SOL or if you can sit for a language test.

Hope that clear things.

Regards,
Vishal Arora