Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

COMPUTER ENGINEER - IS IT HARD TO GET WORKING VISA ?

COMPUTER ENGINEER - IS IT HARD TO GET WORKING VISA ?

Old Jan 17th 2001, 2:12 am
KIDO

HEllo. I have probably stupid question but i want to ask it anyway: I have associate
degree in business administration, and one year left to get my bachelor's degree in
computer science from university in USA.. I am also Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer,
Cisco Certified Network Associate, with two years experience in major phone company. I
would like to know if it will be easy for me to get a working visa in Australia?

Thank you very much.

Old Jan 27th 2001, 11:25 pm
FZ

If you cant get one with all those qualifications, then I would refuse to have anything
more to do with the place. Geez... what I'd give for an MCSE
!!
Don't expect the pay to be as good as it is in the usa though....

FZ

> HEllo. I have probably stupid question but i want to ask it anyway: I have associate
> degree in business administration, and one year left to get my bachelor's degree in
> computer science from university in USA.. I am also Microsoft Certified Systems
> Engineer, Cisco Certified Network Associate, with two years experience in major phone
> company. I would like to know if it will be easy for me to get a working visa in
> Australia?
>
> Thank you very much.

Old Jan 29th 2001, 9:45 am
jeanannj

HEllo. I have probably stupid question but i want to ask it anyway:
> I have associate degree in business administration, and one year left to get my
> bachelor's degree in computer science from university in USA.. I am also Microsoft
> Certified Systems Engineer, Cisco Certified Network Associate, with two years experience
> in major phone company. I would like to know if it will be easy for me to get a working
> visa in Australia?
>
> Thank you very much.
>
>HI
I would suggest getting a sponsored position/ find a job before you arrive. My husband has
a similar background, is American and also has phone company and major corporate
experience but is struggling here to find a job (in Melbourne). I know we've only been
here a few weeks, but the responses are always overqualified if he goes for an engineering
role or is not local if it's a management role. He keeps getting told his skills are in
demand but can't get past the employment agencies- yet this was never a problem in the UK.
We are considering trying Sydney instead as Melbourne seems very insular... Good Luck and
let me know how you get on.