British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Completing the Medical Requirement form (1071i) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/completing-medical-requirement-form-1071i-660138/)

B1K3R Mar 19th 2010 7:08 am

Completing the Medical Requirement form (1071i)

Hi there....just a little question...

Below is part of the letter from the CO regarding the medical examinations. The last part (*) mentions that the file reference number and the ICSE Request ID number have to be added to the "Office use only" on the form.

Now, when I printed the form, there was the TRN number there and also my passport number at the bottom of each page.

My point is that I forgot to include the file reference number and the ICSE Request ID number in the "Office use only"!

Did you guys put them down there? If so, shall I contact DIAC informing them? 24 days have passed since the CO had requested the medicals etc and nothing has changed online. I'm getting nervious!

Thanks!

Health Requirements

● All applicants and secondary applicants are required to undergo a medical examination to
determine if they meet the Australian health standards for migrant entry. Dependants, who
are not migrating with the applicant/s, must also undergo a medical examination.
Further information on health requirements and the necessary forms are available at
Health Requirements for Visa Applicants
Please pay careful attention to the information available on this page including Form 1071i
detailing health requirements for permanent entry to Australia. Applicants should be aware that they are responsible for all costs associated with medical examinations.
Visa applicants in Australia must contact Health Services Australia (HSA) to arrange a health examination. A medical appointment can be booked with HSA at Who we are - Medibank Health Solutions, Corporate Health, Injury Treatment, Injury Prevention, Flu Shots, Pre employment medicals. Health Assesment
Applicants outside of Australia must arrange their health examination with a panel doctor and/or radiologist nominated by the Australian Government. A list of panel doctors and radiologists is at Contact Us. Please note that the panel doctor is required to send all medical results to the Local Clearance Unit in Australia and not give them to applicants or their representatives.

Before attending a health examination applicants need to:

1. Print off the required numbers of forms 26 and/or 160 to present to the panel doctor and radiologist; and

(*)
2. Complete the “Office use only” box to indicate:
● the visa class applied for: VE 175
● the file reference number KKKKKKKKKKKKKK
● the ICSE Request ID number 1111111111

Bermudashorts Mar 19th 2010 7:25 am

Re: Completing the Medical Requirement form (1071i)

Nothing to worry about. The instructions to include file reference in office use box are really intended for paper based applicants (although they send the same letter to everyone). Most online applicants will just print out the form as you have. The TRN number will be enough for HOC / DIAC to match up with your visa application.

Do you know when your results arrived in Sydney? If you don't see anything on your status a couple of weeks after they arrive you could contact HOC to put your mind at rest on

[email protected]

B1K3R Mar 19th 2010 7:36 am

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts (Post 8431584)
Nothing to worry about. The instructions to include file reference in office use box are really intended for paper based applicants (although they send the same letter to everyone). Most online applicants will just print out the form as you have. The TRN number will be enough for HOC / DIAC to match up with your visa application.

Do you know when your results arrived in Sydney? If you don't see anything on your status a couple of weeks after they arrive you could contact HOC to put your mind at rest on

[email protected]

Thank Bermudashorts! I though so too, just wanted to make sure :)

Well, yes...I tracked the package and it arrived in Sydney on 15th March :( The online status is still the same and the 28 days expire in 4 days. I had also uploaded the police check doc and also a few others docs 2 weeks ago but the online status is still required :(

Guess I'll start by emailing HOC to make sure! re the other docs, maybe I'll wait a 2 more days and then maybe I'll ask DIAC if they recieved them (i uploaded them online)

Thanks!
B1k3R

Bermudashorts Mar 19th 2010 8:01 am

Just checked my details, my medicals arrived in Sydney on 16th November and nothing happened to my on line status until 2nd December. So I really don't think that there is anything unusual in that you are not seeing anything after four days.

As my 28 day deadline approached I was sent the below email:

Dear Sir/Madam

Required Information for - Medical Receipt / Health Status Updates

Name of Client
Visa Applied For
Date Medicals Dispatched
Method of Dispatch (Courier/Standard)
If sent by Courier please include courier company name, tracking number
and details of receipt date including name of person who signed for the
package - if you have not checked with courier company please do so
before LCU.

B1K3R Mar 19th 2010 8:11 am

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts (Post 8431644)
Just checked my details, my medicals arrived in Sydney on 16th November and nothing happened to my on line status until 2nd December. So I really don't think that there is anything unusual in that you are not seeing anything after four days.

As my 28 day deadline approached I was sent the below email:

Thanks!!!!!

Cheers
B1K3R

B1K3R Mar 23rd 2010 9:40 am

Have to admit I grew quite frustrated in the last few days......

Basically, the medicals arrived in Sydney 2 weeks ago....police checks, passport updated (for little one) and functional english language proof (for my wife) have been uploaded 3 weeks ago....

....and yet the online status is still saying required or requested!!!!!

The 28 days expire tomorrow.....a week ago, I send an email to them asking them JUST to confirm...NOTHING, no reply... :(

Is anyone experiencing this problem or its just me? I'm just worried that since the 28 days expire, then they'll come and say.....ups sorry, your time has expired, BYE!

Wonder if I just need to sit tight or keep pestering them until I can an answer....

I wish that one day DIAC starts to consider people's feeling and take into considerations that they are dealing with people not objects!!!!!

Sorry for whining and thanks for listening!

Cheers
B1k3R

Bermudashorts Mar 23rd 2010 11:00 am

As the deadline is up tomorrow, you should upload or email your receipts asap. I also recommend you provide the details as were requested from me and shown in my post above.

They won't just kill your application tomorrow without contacting you first.

I was in a similar situation, my medicals arrived in Sydney on the 16th but nothing happened to online status as it approached my deadline, which was the 30th I believe. I send a couple of emails, to HOC and also to CO to let them know I had done the medicals, that is when they asked for the further info per above.

I didn't get any responses and decided to give up checking as I knew I had provided everything they needed! :p Then on the 4th I got an email to say visa granted. I then went on line and saw the medical status was finally updated on the 2nd.

Don't worry. You will hear soon.

:fingerscrossed:

B1K3R Mar 23rd 2010 11:17 am

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts (Post 8441168)
As the deadline is up tomorrow, you should upload or email your receipts asap. I also recommend you provide the details as were requested from me and shown in my post above.

They won't just kill your application tomorrow without contacting you first.

I was in a similar situation, my medicals arrived in Sydney on the 16th but nothing happened to online status as it approached my deadline, which was the 30th I believe. I send a couple of emails, to HOC and also to CO to let them know I had done the medicals, that is when they asked for the further info per above.

I didn't get any responses and decided to give up checking as I knew I had provided everything they needed! :p Then on the 4th I got an email to say visa granted. I then went on line and saw the medical status was finally updated on the 2nd.

Don't worry. You will hear soon.

:fingerscrossed:

Heh...thanks :thumbup: I'll do that and see how it goes!

B1K3R Mar 24th 2010 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by B1K3R (Post 8441209)
Heh...thanks :thumbup: I'll do that and see how it goes!

Bermudashorts,

Your advice worked! :D

I don't know if its a coincidence or not (since its exactly on the 28th day)......but I send an email like you said and all medicals changed to Finalised!

Guess its close now :)

Thanks for your help anyways! :thumbup:

Cheers
B1K3R