Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Complete & Waiting? Could be your lucky week

Wikiposts

Complete & Waiting? Could be your lucky week

Old Jul 5th 2005, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light
Default Complete & Waiting? Could be your lucky week

I Emailed the Region 3 manager last night about my application as the grant is now critical for my job offer. This is will be interesting to all like me who have completed their application and are just waiting for their grant in the UK:

"We are endeavouring to finalise this week all applications where all requirements appear to be met."

If this is the case the waiting could soon be over so I thought I would share it with you.

Best of luck to you all

Rob
Old Jul 5th 2005, 7:27 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Complete & Waiting? Could be your lucky week

Originally Posted by Rabc
I Emailed the Region 3 manager last night about my application as the grant is now critical for my job offer. This is will be interesting to all like me who have completed their application and are just waiting for their grant in the UK:

"We are endeavouring to finalise this week all applications where all requirements appear to be met."

If this is the case the waiting could soon be over so I thought I would share it with you.

Best of luck to you all

Rob
Thanks Rabc, I'll send you some K in a mo.
I think I'm going mad with all this waiting and I what you've wrote is just what I need to hear.
I know the CO has all the stuff he needs from us as a coupke of weeks back we emailed him to see if our meds had been received as they were sent via Royal Mail and we don't trust them. I got the reply that basically said they'd got them and nothing else was required. So I'm sitting here wondering that if he's got everything he needs where are our bloody visas, we're on the MODL so we thought we'd of got them last week.
Good luck to you
Marie
Old Jul 5th 2005, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

lonelysin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We submitted our meds back in April and our bond was lodged and accepted on May. No news up till today.
Old Jul 5th 2005, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Mum, Are we there yet?!! is on a distinguished road

Thanks Rob for sharing. Is the initials of your regional manager 3 - LM - as this is mine but as I'm pre July '04 I wondered if they had different regional managers for the old and new departments?

Good luck and let's hope it is soon.

Best of luck to you all

Rob
Old Jul 5th 2005, 8:01 pm
Pej
Forum Regular

Pej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nice

Best of luck to you all

Rob
That's good news. Thanks for sharing
Old Jul 5th 2005, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Mum, Are we there yet?!!
Thanks Rob for sharing. Is the initials of your regional manager 3 - LM - as this is mine but as I'm pre July '04 I wondered if they had different regional managers for the old and new departments?

Good luck and let's hope it is soon.

They are. Very helpful as well. Let just hope is isn't a smoke screen.

Rob
Old Jul 5th 2005, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lonelysin
Hi

We submitted our meds back in April and our bond was lodged and accepted on May. No news up till today.

I have found that that in order to ensure that you get the right person it's best to phone DIMIA and explain what you need. That way you will get the manager responsible for your CO straight away. Prevents wasting their time and yours.

Rob
Old Jul 5th 2005, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

uttoxetermob will become famous soon enoughuttoxetermob will become famous soon enough

Thanks for sharing your news .... the waiting is driving us mad ... I'm sure it will be worth the wait!!

Karen
Old Jul 5th 2005, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

Mum, Are we there yet?!! is on a distinguished road

I have found that that in order to ensure that you get the right person it's best to phone DIMIA and explain what you need. That way you will get the manager responsible for your CO straight away. Prevents wasting their time and yours.

Rob
Rob - You make it sound that there are different regional managers for different groups of CO, is this correct. If it is then not everyone will be 'endeavouring to complete by end of week' !?!??
Old Jul 5th 2005, 8:44 pm
Off to Perth in early Oct

youcanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the rough

That's pretty encouraging news. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully I will be complete next week (paid bond and waiting for documents to be finalised and sent to DIMIA which they should receive next week). Getting exciting now.
Old Jul 5th 2005, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mum, Are we there yet?!!
Rob - You make it sound that there are different regional managers for different groups of CO, is this correct. If it is then not everyone will be 'endeavouring to complete by end of week' !?!??

I really don't know, best be positive though and believe that this is the case for everyone
Old Jul 7th 2005, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well I can only apologise to those of you who took some hope from this post because as usual DIMIA were full of sh*t.

Promised end of May - Nothing
Promised early July - Nothing
Promised this week - Nothing

My job offer now hangs on the wrong side of the balance and will probably be lost this week.

THANKS!

(Were 4 sleepless nights worth it? Were they hell!)

I have no idea what to do now.............................
Old Jul 7th 2005, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

lonelysin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Rabc,

Its beyond our ability to do anything. I'm in the same boat as you. Meds/PCC submitted April, bond lodged and accepted in May. Up to today, no news at all. Initially, I'm feeling restless but now its like I'm giving up hope.

Do you think we deserve this kind of treatment? Sigh.. fingers crossed. All the best to you and hope you will receive your visa soon.

Cheers,
LS

Well I can only apologise to those of you who took some hope from this post because as usual DIMIA were full of sh*t.

Promised end of May - Nothing
Promised early July - Nothing
Promised this week - Nothing

My job offer now hangs on the wrong side of the balance and will probably be lost this week.

THANKS!

(Were 4 sleepless nights worth it? Were they hell!)

I have no idea what to do now.............................
Old Jul 7th 2005, 7:00 pm
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice

Originally Posted by lonelysin
Hi Rabc,

Its beyond our ability to do anything. I'm in the same boat as you. Meds/PCC submitted April, bond lodged and accepted in May. Up to today, no news at all. Initially, I'm feeling restless but now its like I'm giving up hope.

Do you think we deserve this kind of treatment? Sigh.. fingers crossed. All the best to you and hope you will receive your visa soon.

Cheers,
LS
Maybe we should start a 'no hopers' thread as we are the same - especially as others that submitted after us are now getting theirs. I know we had a complicated application with name changes, 2 divorces, medical issues and that's just me and I'm not even the main applicant.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 7:06 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheRossers
Maybe we should start a 'no hopers' thread as we are the same - especially as others that submitted after us are now getting theirs. I know we had a complicated application with name changes, 2 divorces, medical issues and that's just me and I'm not even the main applicant.

I'm still here aswell.
So much for MODL applicants hearing within 6 months, it's over that for us now:-(

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.