Complaint at Feedback Page

Old Sep 17th 2010, 3:14 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Complaint at Feedback Page

Originally Posted by sibhead
The DIAC GFU does exist for complaints, what else do you think a Global Feedback Unit is for ?
Certainly not for complaints about another country's security agency.

I gotta say that if you rang me at my office to complain that your operation was taking too long to be scheduled at another hospital I would have to tell you to bog off. That has nothing to do with me or my hospital, so what do you expect me to do? Same goes for complaining to DIAC or ASIO that MI5 or CSIS is taking too long to do your security check.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 3:20 am
Banned

sibhead is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
How can DIAC give people an idea of how long a security check will take and why should they? How can DIAC set a service standard on somethng that is absolutely beyond their control?

And I do think that you have missed the point, which is that the OP's complaint is being directed to the wrong organisation.
ASIO should negotiate with DIAC to produce a service charter for that purpose, it really isn't that difficult. Whilst the particular country's intelligence agency may provide information, it is ASIO that conducts the assessment and produces a report and provides confirmations to the questions on the Form 80. If, as a number of people on here appear to suggest, that there are no delays, the only way IGIS/ASIO can say this is if the peceived delay is due to their own processing.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 3:22 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Certainly not for complaints about another country's security agency.

I gotta say that if you rang me at my office to complain that your operation was taking too long to be scheduled at another hospital I would have to tell you to bog off. That has nothing to do with me or my hospital, so what do you expect me to do? Same goes for complaining to DIAC or ASIO that MI5 or CSIS is taking too long to do your security check.
I said complaints, not complaints about another country's security agency, which may not be the cause of the delay anyway.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

Tina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to behold

I said complaints, not complaints about another country's security agency, which may not be the cause of the delay anyway.
In your estimation, what is the cause of the delay?
Old Sep 17th 2010, 3:24 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, this thread has now started to get my blood pressure up so I am unsubscribing. The sense of entitlement of some posters has made me shake my head in wonder. It has been said many times over the years that a visa for Australia (or any other country) is a priviledge and as such people should be grateful that they have been considered for one, never mind bitching and moaning that they aren't getting their priviledges soon enough.

As a general statement, this part of the forum has gone so far downhill over the past 2 years that I can hardly believe it was the same great place I joined 5 years ago. What used to be a place for sharing information with like minded applicants it has now become a place where people come to whinge about how long ACS is taking or wanting to know why their visa hasn't been granted since don't DIAC know how important they are?! Instead of using the search facility (very handy and right at the top of every page) they ask the same questions in multiple threads.

I have to really hand it to people like Polly, MP and the wonderful Mr Lombard who come in here day after day and never lose their patience. In the past couple of years I have seen so many really helpful posters leave this forum who through PM and email have confirmed that it was due to the decline in poster etiquette.

Anyway, I've had my little rant so back to work for me.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 3:33 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Dorothy
What exactly do you think complaining to DIAC is going to do? It's not DIAC or even ASIO which takes time to complete the checks; it's YOUR country's security agency which takes it's sweet time getting the requested information to ASIO/DIAC. Perhaps you should be complaining to your own country's security agency/federal police.

You must understand that Pakistan is a very high risk country for a number of reasons and it is perfectly reasonable that Australia would want to ensure that applicants from these high risk countries are not going to be a security threat to Austrlia. There is also a higher than average rate of fraud from some countries and so claims made by applicants from those countries need further verification.

And just one last thing; bear in mind that noboy is entitled to a visa to Australia. A visa is a priviledge, not a right. Nor is anyone entitled to speedy processing. The immigration department here works for Australians, not you and so you need to understand that 17 months processing is not "excessive".
It would appear that those from certain countries, or in certain occupations, are indeed entitled to speedy processing and 17 months for what might have been a CSL application certainly is excessive, but it seems to you that no time period could possibly be so. There is no doubt that Pakistan is a country with serious issues, but it would appear that the bottleneck appeared, from what I saw on beupdate, from March/April 2009 onwards, and that detailed security checks were only conducted from that country from that time onwards. It would appear to have more to do with what happened to the Sri Lankan cricket team than anything else.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 3:41 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Tina7
In your estimation, what is the cause of the delay?
I reckon it's a few things. I reckon for some countries they just do a simple check with organisations such as Interpol/Europol, in addition to requesting a simple database check of wanted people via that country's security agency. But I reckon for other countries, and I am guessing that Pakistan is one of them, the information requested from the country's intelligence agency is rather more detailed and relates to all sorts of personal details including political views/affiliations, for example, with a view to forming an opinion on the likelihood of political violence/protest, in addition to the obvious security concerns. I reckon they do a detailed assessment for the individual who is the subject of the Form 80 and standard database checks for all the other family members listed on the Form 80. Just my opinion.

I guess the interpol/international database checks must take a while. In the UK getting a PCC takes up to 40 days standard service and that's just for pressing a button.

Last edited by sibhead; Sep 17th 2010 at 3:44 am.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 4:00 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Pollyana
So you are suggesting that DIAC and/or ASIO sit on applications for Pakistanis whilst continuing to process those from everywhere else? I love the conspiracy theories on here, they get better by the day, but this one does lead me to ask - as others have before - if you feel that a major government department is discriminating against people from one country before you even get here, how on earth are you going to integrate into society here with that chip already on your shoulder?

It might interest people to know that last year in a work capacity (on behalf of Qld Govt, hence I got a reply) I had cause to enquire of ASIO how long fairly basic level security checks would take if instigated with the UK. Their estimate was around 12 months, from the time of the enquiry leaving ASIO to when the reply came back. And that is with the UK, a low risk country. So what do you expect when dealing with Pakistan, well known to be High Risk..........
To be honest, I don't think integration is an issue, almost everyone who wants to go to Australia does so because they want to drink and get laid in the sun, that's the beauty of Australia and I very much doubt that those of a fundamentalist persuasion would want to go there anyway. I read somewhere on the net a while back that last year only 2 people out of 13,000 plus applicants received negative security assessments, with that in mind some streamlining of the process might not be a bad idea.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that anyone is just sitting on applications, but chucking "chip on shoulder" insults is hardly helpful. I daresay I recognise the mindset that goes with that kind of comment, but I wont say any more on that issue. As for the 12 month security assessment, you say nothing about what it is for or how it is relevant to the topic at hand.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 4:32 am
Forum Regular

luvausi is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by gillgee
Dear
Thanks for your comments.
My aim is just to distinguish between fact and speculation.Why such an excessive delay.If local ageny is the hindering point,then we must know it so that we may persuade them to expedite.

I fully acknowledge the procedures that are being followed,but they must be clear enough.

I would add . i think its the complex which some guys have in mind. these kinda statements shud come after Dec 2011 when the time expires. DIAC requested and gave you an indicative time that your application would probably be finalized till Dec 2011. if some one gets call early thats his luck or depends on the case. but Look putting alot of quries and inquries will get them disturbed and might be all other applicants bear the damage. So i would humbly request that make ur waiting mind. I think Immi shud be ur option than priority. life must go on.

God bless you all with every thing rest of ur life. patience is recommended
Old Sep 17th 2010, 4:57 am
BE Enthusiast

aliah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nice

@gillgee

i got 3-4 months expected wait and after 4 months of that,i emailed and got this reply:

"Your application is still undergoing checks by an external agency. The
timing for the completion of these checks varies from one case to another,
depending on individual circumstances. I would anticipate that,
unfortunately, it may still be several months before these checks are
finalised. You will be contacted as soon as DIAC is advised of the outcome
of these checks"

that clearly tells the situation and DIAC has no control over it!!!
so u gonna need to stay calm anyways!!!
Old Sep 17th 2010, 5:18 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest, I don't think integration is an issue, almost everyone who wants to go to Australia does so because they want to drink and get laid in the sun, that's the beauty of Australia and I very much doubt that those of a fundamentalist persuasion would want to go there anyway. .
Are you serious? If so, I think you are in for a biiiig wake-up call when you get here
Old Sep 17th 2010, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

tatoo is on a distinguished road

Dear Aliah,

U applied in Jan 2010 then y r u expecting ur case decision this year as it is clearly mention on DIAC website that those who applied before July 2010 their cases will be finalized before Dec 2011. I suggest u to be releaxed and dont create panic. When DIAC/ASIO finished their checks they do contact u and finilaze ur case.

Originally Posted by aliah
@gillgee

i got 3-4 months expected wait and after 4 months of that,i emailed and got this reply:

"Your application is still undergoing checks by an external agency. The
timing for the completion of these checks varies from one case to another,
depending on individual circumstances. I would anticipate that,
unfortunately, it may still be several months before these checks are
finalised. You will be contacted as soon as DIAC is advised of the outcome
of these checks"

that clearly tells the situation and DIAC has no control over it!!!
so u gonna need to stay calm anyways!!!
Old Sep 17th 2010, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

jkalyar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gillgee
Dear
Thanks for your comments.
My aim is just to distinguish between fact and speculation.Why such an excessive delay.If local ageny is the hindering point,then we must know it so that we may persuade them to expedite.

I fully acknowledge the procedures that are being followed,but they must be clear enough.
Gill Gee.. Why you needed to mention Pakistan name over here..you could have just said HR country! You are obviously a professional..and I assume knows and feels very well about the sensative times our Country is going through.....no doubt everyone wants a better future for their families, but in doing so one should be very careful that image of ones beloved country is not negatively portrayed...
Your point may be right..but your message tone is certainly conveying something very negative over here, which surely is not helping the cause...
I mayself is under CSL-175 from Pakistan, but do not agree with you to put up something like that to DIAC...
I trust them after agreeing with their Disclaimer while lodging my applicaiton..and will give them their due time..Moreover I know a couple of guys in my vacinty who have been granted visa under CSL...so surely you too, will soon get that soon...
Old Sep 17th 2010, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

tatoo is on a distinguished road

agreed.

Originally Posted by jkalyar
Gill Gee.. Why you needed to mention Pakistan name over here..you could have just said HR country! You are obviously a professional..and I assume knows and feels very well about the sensative times our Country is going through.....no doubt everyone wants a better future for their families, but in doing so one should be very careful that image of ones beloved country is not negatively portrayed...
Your point may be right..but your message tone is certainly conveying something very negative over here, which surely is not helping the cause...
I mayself is under CSL-175 from Pakistan, but do not agree with you to put up something like that to DIAC...
I trust them after agreeing with their Disclaimer while lodging my applicaiton..and will give them their due time..Moreover I know a couple of guys in my vacinty who have been granted visa under CSL...so surely you too, will soon get that soon...
Old Sep 17th 2010, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest, I don't think integration is an issue, almost everyone who wants to go to Australia does so because they want to drink and get laid in the sun, that's the beauty of Australia and I very much doubt that those of a fundamentalist persuasion would want to go there anyway.

Wow, I didn't know Australia had just turned into a big club 18-30 destination!! I didnt get told that to drink and get laid in the sun was the reason for my visit - where do I sign up for the wristband??

Some of us do actually come here to work and experience a different culture you know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.