Complaint at Feedback Page

Old Sep 16th 2010, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

gillgee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Complaint at Feedback Page

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
To the OP: Please may I point out the following:

DIAC, like every government department in the world, is understaffed.

I think I am right in saying that Australia is the most sought after re-location country in the world.

The workload of DIAC is approx:

During a typical week the department will

• Receive more than 30,000 phone calls through their contact centres

• Grant nearly 3000 visas for permanent stay in Australia, and

• Grant citizenship to nearly 2000 people

I forget the number of applications received every day but it runs into many tens of thousands EVERY DAY.

I saw on the news today that DIAC has called for an URGENT increase in staff numbers.

I have been to DIAC in Melbourne twice. It is like a zoo in there. On both occasions I was treated with respect and courtesy by staff who were operating under incredible stress levels. I don't suppose the clerks get paid very much either.

I submitted a positive feed-back form to DIAC. One of the points I made was, that bearing in mind the conditions under which the staff operate, it is a miracle frankly that anything gets done at all.

Every unnecessary call, email, written enquiry, feed back submission has to be dealt with by somebody and each of these unnecessary enquiries serves only to slow up EVERYBODY'S application.

The security checks are not carried out by DIAC but by the home country of the applicant.

The immigration process is frustrating. I've been through it. But at least there is a process. We are lucky to be here.

This post is meant with kindness but please learn some patience.

Alistair.
Dear

There must be some sort of Clear time limits.17 months for CSL applicants is no more a fair deal for a particular HRC.DIAC had been claiming 12 months for CSL's.If only Pakistani applicants are delayed,then voices will be from here only.

I never meant to blame/criticize DIAC,but they must keep our sufferings in view.If this delay is inevitable even from local agency,it must be properly communicated to clients.

At least communicated;They must had told me its 24/18 months NOT 12 months.

Cheers
Old Sep 16th 2010, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
So you are suggesting that DIAC and/or ASIO sit on applications for Pakistanis whilst continuing to process those from everywhere else? I love the conspiracy theories on here, they get better by the day, but this one does lead me to ask - as others have before - if you feel that a major government department is discriminating against people from one country before you even get here, how on earth are you going to integrate into society here with that chip already on your shoulder?

It might interest people to know that last year in a work capacity (on behalf of Qld Govt, hence I got a reply) I had cause to enquire of ASIO how long fairly basic level security checks would take if instigated with the UK. Their estimate was around 12 months, from the time of the enquiry leaving ASIO to when the reply came back. And that is with the UK, a low risk country. So what do you expect when dealing with Pakistan, well known to be High Risk..........
We never tried to propagate the discriminatory acts for any nationality.DIAC is working normally but we are suffering as their clients for whatsoever reasons.

If 12 months is a normal timing for BASIC ASIO for low risk country i.e. UK,then DIAC must state 24 months for a HRC.
My only sweet concern here is to optimize the timelines so that we might have a vivid idea of our future endeavors and one may know well about all the prevailing practices before applying.
And if DIAC has to perform these security checks,they must be run in parallel immediately after CO assignment.Priorities change after every 3-6 months and till the end of these checks,I may fall into the CAP and Cease basket

Cheers
Old Sep 16th 2010, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by asifrupani
To OP,

What is the hurry of leaving your country? It is not that bad.

Regards
Shadi
Old Sep 16th 2010, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

aliah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nice

Originally Posted by gillgee
Shadi
oh bhai please karley shadi,kuch din masroof hoja...lolz
(for mods:"oh brother get married and take your eyes off it for a while")

Well as you have lodged it already,just wait for their words on it...and
do share with all of us
good luck!!!
Old Sep 16th 2010, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

525252 has a spectacular aura about525252 has a spectacular aura about525252 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Pollyana
So you are suggesting that DIAC and/or ASIO sit on applications for Pakistanis whilst continuing to process those from everywhere else? I love the conspiracy theories on here, they get better by the day, but this one does lead me to ask - as others have before - if you feel that a major government department is discriminating against people from one country before you even get here, how on earth are you going to integrate into society here with that chip already on your shoulder?

It might interest people to know that last year in a work capacity (on behalf of Qld Govt, hence I got a reply) I had cause to enquire of ASIO how long fairly basic level security checks would take if instigated with the UK. Their estimate was around 12 months, from the time of the enquiry leaving ASIO to when the reply came back. And that is with the UK, a low risk country. So what do you expect when dealing with Pakistan, well known to be High Risk..........
so what is your spin on this 'conspiracy theory' ? the time-lines of Pakistanis and the rest of the LR/HR are open before you to deliberate ?

is it wrong to expect to be treated as all others ? we understand due to poor security situation the applicants from Pakistan need to be more thoroughly examined .. but something that is taking just 6-7 months for our neighbors takes 18-20 months for a single Pak case and still they are not able to conclude it ..give me a break .. don't you think that something is terribly wrong here ..?
of-course it isn't that DIAC dislikes Pakistanis and hence purposely delays their cases, its OK if they have to follow some strict procedure for Pak due to security situation .. but there should be some check and balance ..they should not keep people hanging in middle for forever.

It will all fine till 2008 ? so my question is that what went wrong and where ? the purpose is not to criticize other but to find solution to a problem, I hope you can think by putting yourself in the boots of a May-09 applicant

if there is problem from side of our Govt than there should be some indication about this from DIAC

Last edited by 525252; Sep 16th 2010 at 6:43 pm.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

Tina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by 525252
if there is problem from side of our Govt than there should be some indication about this from DIAC
You don't have enough information about the timelines of ALL other HR countries to accurately chart a baseline. Don't be so disingenuous.

Why should DIAC inform Pakistanis that their and only their application(s) will take the longest time to be assessed? What would you do with this information?

Your activistic approach could be detrimental to your application and other fellow Pakistanis. No one likes a bully and, in essence, you will not further your cause by imposing demands on various government bodies but rather cast great suspicion on yourself.

Some could feel that stirring the pot in your country could be a harbinger of things to come if you land in Australia ... only the premise is interchangeable. Be very, very careful what you wish for.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

Tina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gillgee

I never meant to blame/criticize DIAC,but they must keep our sufferings in view.
Once again, no one owes you anything and it is your choice to put your life on hold. It has been your emotional decision to 'suffer' while other applicants get on with their daily lives.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 11:55 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Just to clear things up here a bit...I only used Pakistan as an example because I assumed that was where the OP was from. I could be mistaken and if I am then I apologise. However, the same could be said if he were from India, Afganistan, China, Nigeria, Phillipines, Russia, and so on and so on. There are many countries where there are heightened security and fraud risks and so it takes longer to do background checks. The security agencies of these countries is in no hurry to do background checks for emigration purposes. Why would they? One citizen who intends to leave the country is not significant to them in the grand scheme of things, so why would they rush?

I honestly think that if you all have such a sense of entitlement you are going to find it very difficult to settle here in Australia. Nobody and I repeat NOBODY is doing anything to deliberately obstruct your plans and the sooner you get over your feelings of resentment and accept that the better. The plain fact is that you come from a country where terrorism and fraud are rife. The Australian government is doing its job (which is to protect Australia) by ensuring applicants from high risk countries are a) not terrorists and b) genuine in their statements. If you don't like the way my country does their job then perhaps you should consider withdrawing your application and applying to somewhere that doesn't scrutinise their applicants quite so closely.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 2:47 am
Banned

sibhead is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tina7
To the OP:

I am not going to mollycoddle you so please excuse my direct manner and I do mean well by saying the following comments.

First, your sense of entitlement is breathtaking and making formal complaints to DIAC or other government bodies is likely to put a target on your back.

Second, Australia doesn't owe you or your country anything. Your attitude is outrageous, slightly obsessive and is becoming a tad tiresome.

If you think you are being discriminated against before you arrive to Australia, how will you react when you find difficulty in securing a job in your new country? Will you be filling your day by filing discrimination claims to the point that no one will hire you?

I think you will always demand more, expect more and little will be good enough for you. Just accept that procedures have to be observed followed for the well-being of everybody.

Finally, there is an expression that states one shouldn't put all their eggs in one sole basket. It might be an idea to leverage and make other choices. If I were displeased over something, I would look for other options. Why does it have to be Australia?
Personally, I find your arrogance and patronage even more breathtaking and your adjectives rather excessive. I am sure DIAC or whoever are mature enough to recognise that a complaint is a complaint, I have seen plenty of complaints from people of many countries, including the UK and it hasn't hurt their cause one bit. Australia, or rather DIAC, do owe those who pay application fees quality service and common courtesy, that is surely a basic human right, especially as DIAC's slogan is "People our business", and administrative efficiency is, as far as I am concerned, a defining feature of a modern progressive democracy. As for what you think people will do when they are denied a job, I'd suggest they might leave, which appears to be what you want and your assertion that those with a gripe might be filing discrimination claims is outrageous in itself - it's almost as if you approve of discrimination and to claim that you might have a target on your back sounds more like a threat.

Personally, if I was Australian, I'd be flattered that people want to come to my country and as far as I am concerned, it represents commitment. On the other hand, one could always go to New Zealand and then move to Australia given the reciprocal agreements. Amusingly, I have never heard of anyone claiming to be discriminated against with respect to New Zealand migration programme.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 2:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sibhead
Personally, I find your arrogance and patronage even more breathtaking and your adjectives rather excessive. I am sure DIAC or whoever are mature enough to recognise that a complaint is a complaint, I have seen plenty of complaints from people of many countries, including the UK and it hasn't hurt their cause one bit. Australia, or rather DIAC, do owe those who pay application fees quality service and common courtesy, that is surely a basic human right, especially as DIAC's slogan is "People our business", and administrative efficiency is, as far as I am concerned, a defining feature of a modern progressive democracy. As for what you think people will do when they are denied a job, I'd suggest they might leave, which appears to be what you want and your assertion that those with a gripe might be filing discrimination claims is outrageous in itself - it's almost as if you approve of discrimination and to claim that you might have a target on your back sounds more like a threat.

Personally, if I was Australian, I'd be flattered that people want to come to my country and as far as I am concerned, it represents commitment. On the other hand, one could always go to New Zealand and then move to Australia given the reciprocal agreements. Amusingly, I have never heard of anyone claiming to be discriminated against with respect to New Zealand migration programme.
You seem to have missed the point being made, which is that the delays due to security checks are nothing to do with DIAC and common courtesy.

DIAC do respond to PLEs and I have seen many people on here state that DIAC have told them that they are awaiting responses from security, isn't this sufficient courtesy in your opinion?

Filing complaints to DIAC isn't going to speed up security checks and nor is it likely that DIAC will decided not to bother with security checks any more because a few people complained. So it is pointless and all it will do is waste more valuable staff resources dealing with complaints.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 3:00 am
Banned

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
Because that is how the system works. I came from Britain. The British Police carried out the security checks. Had DIAC wanted more information they would have told ME to get it for them. Or, possibly, they would have contacted the British Police, they would not carry out the enquiry themselves.

A paid client. Er, no. You have applied for a visa. For this service, there is a fee. You have not bought the services of DIAC. You have paid them to appraise your application. You have not bought a public servant.
The British police do nothing but provide PCCs that are lifted from the PNC, I find it hard to believe that they would do security checks, that would be the job of MI5/MI6. In fact, it is quite likely, given that DIAC designate the UK low risk, that UK citizen's may not be subjected to any such checks beyond PCCs, ASIO probably has enough to do already and UK citizens, barring dual nationals tend not to be asked for a Form 80 which forms the basis for the security check.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 3:04 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
You seem to have missed the point being made, which is that the delays due to security checks are nothing to do with DIAC and common courtesy.

DIAC do respond to PLEs and I have seen many people on here state that DIAC have told them that they are awaiting responses from security, isn't this sufficient courtesy in your opinion?

Filing complaints to DIAC isn't going to speed up security checks and nor is it likely that DIAC will decided not to bother with security checks any more because a few people complained. So it is pointless and all it will do is waste more valuable staff resources dealing with complaints.
I didn't miss the point. Those from different classes of country should be given some sort of idea of how long these checks should take. Every organisation has complaints procedures and the DIAC GFU exists for that purpose.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 3:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't miss the point. Those from different classes of country should be given some sort of idea of how long these checks should take. Every organisation has complaints procedures and the DIAC GFU exists for that purpose.
How can DIAC give people an idea of how long a security check will take and why should they? How can DIAC set a service standard on somethng that is absolutely beyond their control?

And I do think that you have missed the point, which is that the OP's complaint is being directed to the wrong organisation.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 3:08 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to say, DIAC does not exist for complaints. DIAC exists to protect the flow of people in and out of Australia. It's mandate is to protect Australian citizens.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 3:12 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Sorry to say, DIAC does not exist for complaints. DIAC exists to protect the flow of people in and out of Australia. It's mandate is to protect Australian citizens.
The DIAC GFU does exist for complaints, what else do you think a Global Feedback Unit is for ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.