British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Complaint at Feedback Page (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/complaint-feedback-page-685692/)

gillgee Sep 16th 2010 12:21 pm

Complaint at Feedback Page

Dear All Concerned

Because of the excessive delays in security checks for HRC(especially Pakistan),It's a growing concern now for the much older applicants(17 months older now even being on CSL.).

Let's lodge a formal feedback complaints on DIAC website so that our legitimate concerns can at least be heard through some proper channel.

Here is the link
http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/form...vices-form.htm

I have already lodged a suggestion/complaint to carry on these lengthy security checks simultaneously with all other checks and to expedite the process through ASIO.

I presume this 'd definitely create some stimulus for our growing legitimate concerns in DIAC/ASIO official circles If they get a reasonable no. of compalints/suggestions.

Cheers

Dorothy Sep 16th 2010 2:07 pm

Re: Complaint at Feedback Page

Originally Posted by gillgee (Post 8852766)
Dear All Concerned

Because of the excessive delays in security checks for HRC(especially Pakistan),It's a growing concern now for the much older applicants(17 months older now even being on CSL.).

Let's lodge a formal feedback complaints on DIAC website so that our legitimate concerns can at least be heard through some proper channel.

Here is the link
http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/form...vices-form.htm

I have already lodged a suggestion/complaint to carry on these lengthy security checks simultaneously with all other checks and to expedite the process through ASIO.

I presume this 'd definitely create some stimulus for our growing legitimate concerns in DIAC/ASIO official circles If they get a reasonable no. of compalints/suggestions.

Cheers

What exactly do you think complaining to DIAC is going to do? It's not DIAC or even ASIO which takes time to complete the checks; it's YOUR country's security agency which takes it's sweet time getting the requested information to ASIO/DIAC. Perhaps you should be complaining to your own country's security agency/federal police.

You must understand that Pakistan is a very high risk country for a number of reasons and it is perfectly reasonable that Australia would want to ensure that applicants from these high risk countries are not going to be a security threat to Austrlia. There is also a higher than average rate of fraud from some countries and so claims made by applicants from those countries need further verification.

And just one last thing; bear in mind that noboy is entitled to a visa to Australia. A visa is a priviledge, not a right. Nor is anyone entitled to speedy processing. The immigration department here works for Australians, not you and so you need to understand that 17 months processing is not "excessive".

aliah Sep 16th 2010 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 8853010)
What exactly do you think complaining to DIAC is going to do? It's not DIAC or even ASIO which takes time to complete the checks; it's YOUR country's security agency which takes it's sweet time getting the requested information to ASIO/DIAC. Perhaps you should be complaining to your own country's security agency/federal police.

You must understand that Pakistan is a very high risk country for a number of reasons and it is perfectly reasonable that Australia would want to ensure that applicants from these high risk countries are not going to be a security threat to Austrlia. There is also a higher than average rate of fraud from some countries and so claims made by applicants from those countries need further verification.

And just one last thing; bear in mind that noboy is entitled to a visa to Australia. A visa is a priviledge, not a right. Nor is anyone entitled to speedy processing. The immigration department here works for Australians, not you and so you need to understand that 17 months processing is not "excessive".

that could be a good idea...
but is it possible that DIAC tells us the route through which this file is moving i.e. name of local agency involved so that we may contact them locally to know more about the bottleneck???

cheers!

Dorothy Sep 16th 2010 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by aliah (Post 8853033)
but is it possible that DIAC tells us the route through which this file is moving i.e. name of local agency involved so that we may contact them locally to know more about the bottleneck???

cheers!

No, DIAC is not going to tell you where your application is. You are expected to wait like everyone else. As for who to contact, I'm from Canada so I know if further security checks were needed on me it would go through CSIS and/or RCMP. I don't know what the security agency in your country is called so I would have no idea of who you contact.

Tina7 Sep 16th 2010 2:38 pm

To the OP:

I am not going to mollycoddle you so please excuse my direct manner and I do mean well by saying the following comments.

First, your sense of entitlement is breathtaking and making formal complaints to DIAC or other government bodies is likely to put a target on your back.

Second, Australia doesn't owe you or your country anything. Your attitude is outrageous, slightly obsessive and is becoming a tad tiresome.

If you think you are being discriminated against before you arrive to Australia, how will you react when you find difficulty in securing a job in your new country? Will you be filling your day by filing discrimination claims to the point that no one will hire you?

I think you will always demand more, expect more and little will be good enough for you. Just accept that procedures have to be observed followed for the well-being of everybody.

Finally, there is an expression that states one shouldn't put all their eggs in one sole basket. It might be an idea to leverage and make other choices. If I were displeased over something, I would look for other options. Why does it have to be Australia? ;)

Sherlock Holmes Sep 16th 2010 2:55 pm

To the OP: Please may I point out the following:

DIAC, like every government department in the world, is understaffed.

I think I am right in saying that Australia is the most sought after re-location country in the world.

The workload of DIAC is approx:

During a typical week the department will

• Receive more than 30,000 phone calls through their contact centres

• Grant nearly 3000 visas for permanent stay in Australia, and

• Grant citizenship to nearly 2000 people

I forget the number of applications received every day but it runs into many tens of thousands EVERY DAY.

I saw on the news today that DIAC has called for an URGENT increase in staff numbers.

I have been to DIAC in Melbourne twice. It is like a zoo in there. On both occasions I was treated with respect and courtesy by staff who were operating under incredible stress levels. I don't suppose the clerks get paid very much either.

I submitted a positive feed-back form to DIAC. One of the points I made was, that bearing in mind the conditions under which the staff operate, it is a miracle frankly that anything gets done at all.

Every unnecessary call, email, written enquiry, feed back submission has to be dealt with by somebody and each of these unnecessary enquiries serves only to slow up EVERYBODY'S application.

The security checks are not carried out by DIAC but by the home country of the applicant.

The immigration process is frustrating. I've been through it. But at least there is a process. We are lucky to be here.

This post is meant with kindness but please learn some patience.

Alistair.

MrsE Sep 16th 2010 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by Tina7 (Post 8853075)
To the OP:

I am not going to mollycoddle you so please excuse my direct manner and I do mean well by saying the following comments.

First, your sense of entitlement is breathtaking and making formal complaints to DIAC or other government bodies is likely to put a target on your back.

Second, Australia doesn't owe you or your country anything. Your attitude is outrageous, slightly obsessive and is becoming a tad tiresome.

If you think you are being discriminated against before you arrive to Australia, how will you react when you find difficulty in securing a job in your new country? Will you be filling your day by filing discrimination claims to the point that no one will hire you?

I think you will always demand more, expect more and little will be good enough for you. Just accept that procedures have to be observed followed for the well-being of everybody.

Finally, there is an expression that states one shouldn't put all their eggs in one sole basket. It might be an idea to leverage and make other choices. If I were displeased over something, I would look for other options. Why does it have to be Australia? ;)

Originally Posted by alistairboyle (Post 8853115)
To the OP: Please may I point out the following:

DIAC, like every government department in the world, is understaffed.

I think I am right in saying that Australia is the most sought after re-location country in the world.

The workload of DIAC is approx:

During a typical week the department will

• Receive more than 30,000 phone calls through their contact centres

• Grant nearly 3000 visas for permanent stay in Australia, and

• Grant citizenship to nearly 2000 people

I forget the number of applications received every day but it runs into many tens of thousands EVERY DAY.

I saw on the news today that DIAC has called for an URGENT increase in staff numbers.

I have been to DIAC in Melbourne twice. It is like a zoo in there. On both occasions I was treated with respect and courtesy by staff who were operating under incredible stress levels. I don't suppose the clerks get paid very much ether.

I submitted a positive feed-back form to DIAC. One of the points I made was, that bearing in mind the conditions under which the staff operate, it is a miracle frankly that anything gets done at all.

Every unnecessary call, email, written enquiry, feed back submission has to be dealt with by somebody and each of these unnecessary enquiries serves only to slow up EVERYBODY'S application.

The security checks are not carried out by DIAC but by the home country of the applicant.

The immigration process is frustrating. I've been through it. But at least there is a process. We are lucky to be here.

This post is meant with kindness but please learn some patience.

Alistair.

Damn good responses and.........Ditto!

gillgee Sep 16th 2010 3:24 pm

Dear

1-Its not a complain;its a humble suggestion(I know DIAC is more competent than me in his business.)Its a feedback and if they have given me the right to comment;I 'm just putting my feedback.
2-How you are sure enough the delay is from my home security agency?I 'm a paid client to DIAC not to my home agency.I have a right of communication to DIAC only.However,If 'm sure the delay is from my home security agency,I may lodge a complaint there.
3-If Pakistan is a very HRC,then my humble opinion is to change the policy for this country.DIAC might issue a new time line for some risky country so at least applicants are well aware of the time line that is going to be in practice.(I had lodged for a provisional visa(475) only because of the low time limit if I had known the prevailing scenarios with the permanent visa for my country.)
4- I know visa is a privilege not an absolute right.I never wished for a visa outcome only;I just want a reasonable time limit for the final decision.

Cheers

gillgee Sep 16th 2010 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by aliah (Post 8853033)

cheers!

I think this is the Immigration wing of FIA.
You know our police dealing;If the delay is from the local side,then we all must look into the issue through FIA local agency.

Cheers

Sherlock Holmes Sep 16th 2010 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by gillgee (Post 8853203)
I think this is the Immigration wing of FIA.
You know our police dealing;If the delay is from the local side,then we all must look into the issue through FIA local agency.

Cheers

That is PRECISELY the point. The security check is carried by Pakistani authorities, DIAC has no control over it.

Sherlock Holmes Sep 16th 2010 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by gillgee (Post 8853195)
How you are sure enough the delay is from my home security agency?

Because that is how the system works. I came from Britain. The British Police carried out the security checks. Had DIAC wanted more information they would have told ME to get it for them. Or, possibly, they would have contacted the British Police, they would not carry out the enquiry themselves.

I'm a paid client to DIAC not to my home agency. I have a right of communication to DIAC only.
A paid client. Er, no. You have applied for a visa. For this service, there is a fee. You have not bought the services of DIAC. You have paid them to appraise your application. You have not bought a public servant.

asifrupani Sep 16th 2010 4:54 pm

To OP,

What is the hurry of leaving your country? It is not that bad.

Regards

525252 Sep 16th 2010 4:55 pm

All those who are blaming Pakistani authorities without any reason
do you have anything to back up your claim or did you just in 'good faith' assumed that it must be Pakistan ?

look, I am no fan of our police or agencies but they don't have any beef specially with Australian GSM applicants, if they were the hurdle than students and residency visas of all other countries would have been effected but we see that other visas are being normally processed
and given the reputation of our security agencies I would find it really hard to think that DIAC/ASIO would even believe them for anything and depend on them for crucial information

so please be reasonable and just don't put blame on them for the sake of blaming.

from the information we have it is clear that all the cases are pending at ASIO end (As has been indicated by DIAC) and ASIO/DIAC has give no indication that there is any delay from the side of Pakistan Govt.

I know you guys would not agree with me as the sympathies of this forum lie with the DIAC and not with the applicants

gillgee Sep 16th 2010 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by Tina7 (Post 8853075)
To the OP:

Dear
Thanks for your comments.
My aim is just to distinguish between fact and speculation.Why such an excessive delay.If local ageny is the hindering point,then we must know it so that we may persuade them to expedite.

I fully acknowledge the procedures that are being followed,but they must be clear enough.

Pollyana Sep 16th 2010 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by 525252 (Post 8853400)
All those who are blaming Pakistani authorities without any reason
do you have anything to back up your claim or did you just in 'good faith' assumed that it must be Pakistan ?

look, I am no fan of our police or agencies but they don't have any beef specially with Australian GSM applicants, if they were the hurdle than students and residency visas of all other countries would have been effected but we see that other visas are being normally processed
and given the reputation of our security agencies I would find it really hard to think that DIAC/ASIO would even believe them for anything and depend on them for crucial information

so please be reasonable and just don't put blame on them for the sake of blaming.

from the information we have it is clear that all the cases are pending at ASIO end (As has been indicated by DIAC) and ASIO/DIAC has give no indication that there is any delay from the side of Pakistan Govt.

I know you guys would not agree with me as the sympathies of this forum lie with the DIAC and not with the applicants

So you are suggesting that DIAC and/or ASIO sit on applications for Pakistanis whilst continuing to process those from everywhere else? I love the conspiracy theories on here, they get better by the day, but this one does lead me to ask - as others have before - if you feel that a major government department is discriminating against people from one country before you even get here, how on earth are you going to integrate into society here with that chip already on your shoulder?

It might interest people to know that last year in a work capacity (on behalf of Qld Govt, hence I got a reply) I had cause to enquire of ASIO how long fairly basic level security checks would take if instigated with the UK. Their estimate was around 12 months, from the time of the enquiry leaving ASIO to when the reply came back. And that is with the UK, a low risk country. So what do you expect when dealing with Pakistan, well known to be High Risk..........