Coming back on Tourist Visa

Old Apr 19th 2017, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

giri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Coming back on Tourist Visa

Hello All,

My wife's parents were in Australia with us on 600 visa for 3 months. The visa is valid for a year with stays up to 3 months allowed at a time. My question is that they just left on the 15th of April. If we want to bring them back in May, will that be an issue? Do they need to spend a significant amount of time outside Australia to come back (Like in the US where you need to spend equal amount of time outside the country)? Please let me know. We are plannnig to bring them back around May 15th. Thanks.
Old Apr 19th 2017, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Coming back on Tourist Visa

The subclass 600 visa allows stays for up to 12 months, valid for a year and you have to pay for it.Do you mean 600 visa? The subclass 651 eVisitor visa is free and allows stays up to 3 months more than once in a 12 month period. Both visas you just fly out and fly in again as long as you don't overstay the conditions of both visas. I am assuming your wife's parents are British citizens.
Old Apr 19th 2017, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garyp
I am assuming your wife's parents are British citizens.
Probably not as he applied for his child's visa from India.

Sorry I don't know the answer to your question Giri26.
Old Apr 19th 2017, 1:24 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by giri26
Hello All,

My wife's parents were in Australia with us on 600 visa for 3 months. The visa is valid for a year with stays up to 3 months allowed at a time. My question is that they just left on the 15th of April. If we want to bring them back in May, will that be an issue? Do they need to spend a significant amount of time outside Australia to come back (Like in the US where you need to spend equal amount of time outside the country)? Please let me know. We are plannnig to bring them back around May 15th. Thanks.
Who knows? If immigration want to be a/holes on the day, they are within their rights to. They may get through without any issues, or they may be hauled over the coals by an IO. It's not possible to say in advance.

Last edited by mrsgreenstar76; Apr 19th 2017 at 1:50 pm.
Old Apr 19th 2017, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

xizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. Someone got up from the wrong side of the bed today....
Old Apr 19th 2017, 1:48 pm

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xizzles
Wow. Someone got up from the wrong side of the bed today....
When you've been shafted by both employers *and* immigration, it tends to make you a little crabby.
Old Apr 19th 2017, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

xizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
When you've been shafted by both employers *and* immigration, it tends to make you a little crabby.
Oh dear. I'm so terribly sorry for the bad news. Wish there was something I could say to make it less painful but at this point, I think the best I can manage is to just shut up.

All the best my dear!
Old Apr 19th 2017, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by xizzles
Oh dear. I'm so terribly sorry for the bad news. Wish there was something I could say to make it less painful but at this point, I think the best I can manage is to just shut up.

All the best my dear!
Thank you - I appreciate it. I may be a bit crabby, but please don't ever worry about being able to post.
Old Apr 19th 2017, 7:12 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you - I appreciate it. I may be a bit crabby, but please don't ever worry about being able to post.
Really sorry to hear your news today

i agree with what you said above though, its down to the guy on the desk on the day. If he/she believes there is an overstay risk then they will be refused entry and theres no way of knowing that in advance.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Really sorry to hear your news today

i agree with what you said above though, its down to the guy on the desk on the day. If he/she believes there is an overstay risk then they will be refused entry and theres no way of knowing that in advance.
Thank you, Polly. I really appreciate it.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 9:50 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

What ! What's happened missus.
Message me.
Old Apr 21st 2017, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

giri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all for your replies.

@mrsgreenstar76, really sorry to hear your news, hope you can sort things out soon and feel better.

Yes my in-laws are Indian citizens. They came to visit us for 3 months and left on 15th of April. They have a 12 month multiple entry visa with stays up to 3 months each visit. It is 600 tourist visa. We are planning to bring them next month, so just wanted to ask if anyone has done that in the past.
Old Apr 21st 2017, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by garyp
The subclass 600 visa allows stays for up to 12 months, valid for a year and you have to pay for it.Do you mean 600 visa? The subclass 651 eVisitor visa is free and allows stays up to 3 months more than once in a 12 month period. Both visas you just fly out and fly in again as long as you don't overstay the conditions of both visas. I am assuming your wife's parents are British citizens.
Thanks @garyp that really helps.