Wikiposts

Come on visa grants.......

Old Jun 13th 2005, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

Goodwin will become famous soon enoughGoodwin will become famous soon enough
Default Come on visa grants.......

OMG!!!! The house is on the market and now I am getting scared. I could really do with the visa grant about now to calm my nerves.

Thought we would test the housing market as things have slowed down and we want to move to Oz by the end of October. But its scary starting a process like selling your house when you are still waiting for your visa, it’s so close now yet so far away.

I am really hoping there is going to be an influx of grants come July??? And that mine is one of them.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 12:37 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Come on visa grants.......

Originally Posted by Goodwin
OMG!!!! The house is on the market and now I am getting scared. I could really do with the visa grant about now to calm my nerves.

Thought we would test the housing market as things have slowed down and we want to move to Oz by the end of October. But its scary starting a process like selling your house when you are still waiting for your visa, it’s so close now yet so far away.

I am really hoping there is going to be an influx of grants come July??? And that mine is one of them.
Me too - what should have been the simplest of applications is taking forever...

I booked a weeks holiday from the 25th so that we can go to New Zealand to validate visa - how hopeful is that!!

Cas
Old Jun 14th 2005, 1:11 am
Karma to make me calmer!

Tops has a spectacular aura aboutTops has a spectacular aura aboutTops has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Come on visa grants.......

Originally Posted by Goodwin

I know how you feel. We have based our movements and plans on the timeline of other applicants. Knowing there is only 1 last step to go we want to start make firm decisions, like selling the house and booking tickets!

I suppose a good thing about the way the house sale & purchase process works in the UK is that if something drastic happens and the visa is denied, you can still pull out of the sale right up to exchanging contracts.

Based on what estate agents have told us and our own experiences, the quickest a sale could go through is 6-8 weeks from an offer being accepted to exchanging. So if your house has just gone onto the market, you should only expect to be in a 'tight situation' at the end of July ("best" case scenario). And I am sure, and hope, we have the visa grants well before then.

It is really frustrating living in this state of lmbo, hang in there, July is only 2 & half weeks away!

Cheers,

Tops.