CO Question

Old Jan 22nd 2009, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

kronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant future
Default CO Question

Hi

I added my new daughter to our 175 application in December. We had it confirmed by DIAC that we had a case officer appointed in early December.

We asked the question whether they wanted us to go for meds/pccs but they said to wait until CO asks for this. It has been nearly 2 mths since a CO has been appointed. Just a little bit concerned that haven't been asked for meds/pccs yet. I'm guessing that they'd want to be satisfied with rest of documentation before asking for meds/pccs but other people seem to have their first contact with CO when they ask for meds.

Just wondering what other people with COs would make of this or suggest?

Thanks
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 1:37 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

Les Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: CO Question

we had a case officer appointed in early December.

We asked the question whether they wanted us to go for meds/pccs but they said to wait until CO asks for this. It has been nearly 2 mths since a CO has been appointed. Just a little bit concerned that haven't been asked for meds/pccs yet.
Early December was when your file was allocated (i.e. placed on the end of the CO's queue) not when your CO started work on the file.

Well... I suspect that like most people here your CO went on annual leave from the 19th December to the 19th January.

It's a long weekend this weekend...

My best guess is you will probably hear from your CO about mid-February at the earliest.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

kronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Les Mighalls
Early December was when your file was allocated (i.e. placed on the end of the CO's queue) not when your CO started work on the file.

Well... I suspect that like most people here your CO went on annual leave from the 19th December to the 19th January.

It's a long weekend this weekend...

My best guess is you will probably hear from your CO about mid-February at the earliest.
ah ok, so its not necessarily that CO started work on file, I've just been added to another queue instead

ok, hopefully I'll hear soon then, thanks for replying.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 3:35 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

Les Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to behold

You got it in one. You lodge and join the queue to be allocated.

You get allocated and you join the queue to be started on.

And if you have missed something out of your application or something is NQR and has to be queried there are two more queues before your file re-commences.

Old Jan 22nd 2009, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

ChickChock is a jewel in the roughChickChock is a jewel in the roughChickChock is a jewel in the roughChickChock is a jewel in the rough

So if a CO has asked for meds and pcc's does that mean they are now working on your file, and due to make a decision?
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 8:46 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChickChock
So if a CO has asked for meds and pcc's does that mean they are now working on your file, and due to make a decision?
It means that they are working on your file. Not that it is ready to be decided.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

ChickChock is a jewel in the roughChickChock is a jewel in the roughChickChock is a jewel in the roughChickChock is a jewel in the rough

It means that they are working on your file. Not that it is ready to be decided.
So how long do they work on the file for? we sent all extra employment info and meds/pcc's 2 weeks ago(received by them 11jan). could it be another few months? we lodged paperbased application end of feb 08 from uk. hubbys job is on modl and new csl list.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 10:24 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChickChock
So how long do they work on the file for? we sent all extra employment info and meds/pcc's 2 weeks ago(received by them 11jan). could it be another few months? we lodged paperbased application end of feb 08 from uk. hubbys job is on modl and new csl list.
No-one can tell you that kind of info without a crystal ball, sorry.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 6:04 am
Reg. Migration Agent

So how long do they work on the file for?
Or to put it into idiomatic Australian English, "How long is a piece of string?".