British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   CO is asking for "Evidence of Specific Work Experience" (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/co-asking-evidence-specific-work-experience-753589/)

irffan Apr 2nd 2012 1:42 pm

CO is asking for "Evidence of Specific Work Experience"

Hi,

I got a CO today for my 175 application and I received an email from him asking me to provide Form 80 for me and my wife and Evidence of Specific Employment. I had already attached all the documents (experience letter certificates, 6 months payslips and 6 months bank statements etc.) to the Document Checklist section under Evidence of Work Experience category. This is exactly what he has said in the email:

"You have indicated that you wish to be considered for specific employment points. Please provide evidence of skilled employment in a skilled profession for a total of 5 out of the last 10 years (prior to your lodgement date of 15 October 2011). The evidence you provide must cover the entire claimed period. Include as much of the following evidence as possible:
● Pay slips covering the period of claimed work experience;
● Bank statements showing payment of salaries into personal bank accounts;
● Taxation Documents;
● Any other documents which you think may be relevant to your claim."

Somebody commented on a different thread that COs are smart enough to consider the documents we send under "Work Experience" category for "Specific Employment or Specific Work Experience" also. If CO is still asking for documents for "Specific Experience" then does this mean that the documents I attached earlier are not enough (e.g. number of payslips and bank statement) or don't meet the criteria to be considered for "Specific Experience"? Should I just go and attach the same set of documents under "Evidence of Specific Employment" option also?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Irfan

joojay Apr 2nd 2012 3:09 pm

Re: CO is asking for "Evidence of Specific Work Experience"

You gave evidence for 6 months, now they are asking you to provide all the evidence you can to prove the 5 years for which you must be claiming points.

campervanfan Apr 2nd 2012 4:03 pm

do you mean you're just going to send the same documents covering a 6 month period again? when you need to prove 5 years out of the last ten ? I just don't get why you think this would be enough- I'm pretty sure your CO is "smart enough" to know what evidence to ask you to provide in your quest for a visa... how would you hope to get it without the appropriate evidence?? :huh:

Maham Apr 2nd 2012 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by irffan (Post 9985009)
Hi,

I got a CO today for my 175 application and I received an email from him asking me to provide Form 80 for me and my wife and Evidence of Specific Employment. I had already attached all the documents (experience letter certificates, 6 months payslips and 6 months bank statements etc.) to the Document Checklist section under Evidence of Work Experience category. This is exactly what he has said in the email:

"You have indicated that you wish to be considered for specific employment points. Please provide evidence of skilled employment in a skilled profession for a total of 5 out of the last 10 years (prior to your lodgement date of 15 October 2011). The evidence you provide must cover the entire claimed period. Include as much of the following evidence as possible:
● Pay slips covering the period of claimed work experience;
● Bank statements showing payment of salaries into personal bank accounts;
● Taxation Documents;
● Any other documents which you think may be relevant to your claim."

Somebody commented on a different thread that COs are smart enough to consider the documents we send under "Work Experience" category for "Specific Employment or Specific Work Experience" also. If CO is still asking for documents for "Specific Experience" then does this mean that the documents I attached earlier are not enough (e.g. number of payslips and bank statement) or don't meet the criteria to be considered for "Specific Experience"? Should I just go and attach the same set of documents under "Evidence of Specific Employment" option also?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Irfan

Irfan :

In response to his email, you are supposed to upload the bank statement for 5 years plus the salary slips/tax return certificates, etc for the same time duration. its simple. the documents that you have already provided are clearly not sufficient. It would be of no use to upload the same again.

Sol2Oz Apr 2nd 2012 5:53 pm

Did you get a certified letter directly from Human Resources indicating your periods of employment? I think that would relieve having to go through all that uploading.

Bermudashorts Apr 2nd 2012 6:34 pm

Not sure what is tripping you up here. As others have said, you provided six months of evidence, you need to cover the whole period for which you are claiming points.

H2fusion Apr 3rd 2012 8:29 am

Proving 6 months of payslip is enough if from the same company of 5 years but it must be accompanied by a certificate of employment with the responsibilities stated in there including the date you started. You can provide 3 last payslip from each of the companies you worked for plus the certificate of employment stating the start date and the responsibilities. That should suffice the requirements.

irffan Apr 3rd 2012 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by Sol2Oz (Post 9985457)
Did you get a certified letter directly from Human Resources indicating your periods of employment? I think that would relieve having to go through all that uploading.

No, it is not certified by HR rather by the Head of IT department in which I work. But I have provided 6 payslips which is signed by the HR. May be that is not enough as everyone said.

Thanks.

irffan Apr 3rd 2012 7:26 pm

Hi,

I submitted my application with one of my friends who got his case approved recently. He was not asked about any payslip or bank statement even though he is working for the same company as mine. He provided the same set of documentation as me. The only difference is that I tried to be *smart* and submitted at least 6 months duly signed statements and payslips thinking that I will get some more respect. But guess what...

The reason I said submitting the same docs under "Specific Work Exp." because I was thinking from the system and audit point of view. Since my application says "I wish to be considered for specific employment points", I must provide all documentation under that category also. But I think I am wrong.

I will take everyone's advice here and try to chase the companies I worked for for the payslips and my bank to get the statements covering the entire claim period.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Irfan.

joojay Apr 3rd 2012 7:46 pm

best of luck

uzi Apr 4th 2012 7:08 am

Originally Posted by irffan (Post 9987505)
Hi,

I submitted my application with one of my friends who got his case approved recently. He was not asked about any payslip or bank statement even though he is working for the same company as mine. He provided the same set of documentation as me. The only difference is that I tried to be *smart* and submitted at least 6 months duly signed statements and payslips thinking that I will get some more respect. But guess what...

The reason I said submitting the same docs under "Specific Work Exp." because I was thinking from the system and audit point of view. Since my application says "I wish to be considered for specific employment points", I must provide all documentation under that category also. But I think I am wrong.

I will take everyone's advice here and try to chase the companies I worked for for the payslips and my bank to get the statements covering the entire claim period.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Irfan.

Every case is different and even if your case and your friend's case is handled by same case officer, the outcome would have been similar i.e. he got approval and you may be asked to submit further proofs.

Having said that, case officers are also human and they can also make mistake or overlook information sometime. In my case, for instance, I had submitted detailed reference letter along with a huge set of payslips etc. etc. and during the last stage of my case (after two years), my case officer asked about PCC, health certificate and to submit work experience again. My agent responded back to case officer to get the clarification about exactly what documentation they need as we submitted all required documentation .... guess what, the case officer was not aware about my reference and now that they have seen it, we don't had to submit it again.

irffan Apr 5th 2012 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by uzi (Post 9988402)
Every case is different and even if your case and your friend's case is handled by same case officer, the outcome would have been similar i.e. he got approval and you may be asked to submit further proofs.

Having said that, case officers are also human and they can also make mistake or overlook information sometime. In my case, for instance, I had submitted detailed reference letter along with a huge set of payslips etc. etc. and during the last stage of my case (after two years), my case officer asked about PCC, health certificate and to submit work experience again. My agent responded back to case officer to get the clarification about exactly what documentation they need as we submitted all required documentation .... guess what, the case officer was not aware about my reference and now that they have seen it, we don't had to submit it again.

I think you are right. Every case is different. Even if it is not, CO still has a right to ask for whatever documentation he requires. Thanks anyways.