CO asked Bank account but it is closed.

Old Jun 18th 2009, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

waitncount has a brilliant futurewaitncount has a brilliant futurewaitncount has a brilliant futurewaitncount has a brilliant futurewaitncount has a brilliant futurewaitncount has a brilliant futurewaitncount has a brilliant future
Default CO asked Bank account but it is closed.

Dear All,

I worked in India two years before and currently working in Dubai. When I left India, I closed my bank account. But CO asked me bank statement when I was working in India.

Anybody can provide idea .....how should I reply? It would be great help.

Will it be resonable if I simply reply that my bank account is closed. Is there anyway, I can get bank statement from bank?

Regards,
Waitncount
Old Jun 18th 2009, 7:58 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CO asked Bank account but it is closed.

Originally Posted by waitncount
Dear All,

I worked in India two years before and currently working in Dubai. When I left India, I closed my bank account. But CO asked me bank statement when I was working in India.

Anybody can provide idea .....how should I reply? It would be great help.

Will it be resonable if I simply reply that my bank account is closed. Is there anyway, I can get bank statement from bank?

Regards,
Waitncount
Why not try ringing the bank and asking them?
Old Jun 18th 2009, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

waitncount has a brilliant futurewaitncount has a brilliant futurewaitncount has a brilliant futurewaitncount has a brilliant futurewaitncount has a brilliant futurewaitncount has a brilliant futurewaitncount has a brilliant future

Thank you Pollyana

yes I tried but they said it is not possible as the account is already closed 2 years before. I am wondering what should I do in such case...

Kind regards
Waitncount

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Why not try ringing the bank and asking them?
Old Jun 18th 2009, 9:59 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Pollyana

yes I tried but they said it is not possible as the account is already closed 2 years before. I am wondering what should I do in such case...

Kind regards
Waitncount
Go back to your case officer and tell them what the bank said!!
Old Jun 18th 2009, 10:58 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Pollyana

Kind regards
Waitncount
Did you not think to keep any of your bank statements? I have mine going back years!
Old Jun 19th 2009, 1:20 am
Just Joined

Raahulraana is an unknown quantity at this point

You can reopen your same bank account after completing some formalities, take that route.
If you are not in India then, ask your relatives to meet the manager explaining your situation, he/she will sort it out, remember you may have to sign some forms and applications as required by bank.
Gud Luck
Old Jun 19th 2009, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

Thank you Rahul. I think I need to try this way. But, I have doubt whether the bank is keeping my recods since it was closed long back.

Originally Posted by Raahulraana
You can reopen your same bank account after completing some formalities, take that route.
If you are not in India then, ask your relatives to meet the manager explaining your situation, he/she will sort it out, remember you may have to sign some forms and applications as required by bank.
Gud Luck
Old Jun 19th 2009, 5:36 am
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Rahul. I think I need to try this way. But, I have doubt whether the bank is keeping my recods since it was closed long back.
I think they must have the records!! Just check it...U must be able to get the bank statement even if its closed...there should be some way!!

Otherwise Ask bank to provide the same in written and forward the same to CO. I am sure it should not be a problem..
One question..why CO asked for bank statement? Did not u provide your sal slips?
Old Jun 19th 2009, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

Thank you Aman.

I did not provide salary slips coz salary was deposited in bank directly and my employer did not provide any salary slips. I provided reference letter with detail job descreption, employment contract and tax certificate. FYI, i did not claim point on specific work exp and I have statesponsorship. so I hope they dont bother much on bank statement and payslips. But I dont know how should reply to CO.

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1
I think they must have the records!! Just check it...U must be able to get the bank statement even if its closed...there should be some way!!

Otherwise Ask bank to provide the same in written and forward the same to CO. I am sure it should not be a problem..
One question..why CO asked for bank statement? Did not u provide your sal slips?
Old Jun 19th 2009, 7:42 am
Home and Happy

Thank you Aman.

I did not provide salary slips coz salary was deposited in bank directly and my employer did not provide any salary slips. I provided reference letter with detail job descreption, employment contract and tax certificate. FYI, i did not claim point on specific work exp and I have statesponsorship. so I hope they dont bother much on bank statement and payslips. But I dont know how should reply to CO.
Tell the CO the truth. You aren't in the country anymore, the account is closed. I don't see why people are so reluctant to just tell their COs the truth - they are only human, they aren't ogres trying to catch you out!!
Old Jun 19th 2009, 7:43 am
Account Closed

Tell the CO the truth. You aren't in the country anymore, the account is closed. I don't see why people are so reluctant to just tell their COs the truth - they are only human, they aren't ogres trying to catch you out!!
Well said...
Old Jun 19th 2009, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

Thank you Pollyana
appreciated very much. But for me, I had two options

1- to inform CO as you said or
2- make more efforts with bank which cost me a lot as bank replied me it is not normally possible to get statement of closed account over the phone and seems I need to travel from Dubai to India for this to dig more. alos I my company will not allow easily..... also CO has given 28 days of which 15 days have already passed like this.

I wanted to know from experience people in this thread which way i should go?

Old Jun 19th 2009, 8:06 am
Home and Happy

Thank you Pollyana
appreciated very much. But for me, I had two options

1- to inform CO as you said or
2- make more efforts with bank which cost me a lot as bank replied me it is not normally possible to get statement of closed account over the phone and seems I need to travel from Dubai to India for this to dig more. alos I my company will not allow easily..... also CO has given 28 days of which 15 days have already passed like this.

I wanted to know from experience people in this thread which way i should go?
Well to be quite honest I really don't think you will get answers from many people with personal experience.........unless the forum is suddenly full of people who have moved to Dubai from India , closed their accounts before leaving, and have been asked to provide statements to their CO..........
Old Jun 19th 2009, 8:23 am
Account Closed

Well to be quite honest I really don't think you will get answers from many people with personal experience.........unless the forum is suddenly full of people who have moved to Dubai from India , closed their accounts before leaving, and have been asked to provide statements to their CO..........

don't be so harash Pollyana...Let posters respond!! May be he will get some good advice!!
Old Jun 19th 2009, 8:44 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1
don't be so harash Pollyana...Let posters respond!! May be he will get some good advice!!
Or maybe he should simply explain to the case officer. Quite frankly, it is very unlikely that the OP will find anyone who has the same experience. Perhaps he can contact a registered migration agent who will give him an answer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.