Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Is CO Allocation Delayed for High Risk Countries?

Is CO Allocation Delayed for High Risk Countries?

Old Oct 2nd 2008, 2:45 am
Just Joined

slatdb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is CO Allocation Delayed for High Risk Countries?

That is true. It takes longer to process applications from high risk countries. But issue is allocation of CO is delayed for HR countries. May be DIAC officers' performance is based on number of applications processed, therefore they try to process LR applications first.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 3:24 am
Just Joined

Santorini is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
For info guys - it has been stated on here in the past by various agents that the reason it takes longer to process applciations from high risk countries is because the checks carried out are usually more detailed.
I think everybody here is agreeing and ok with longer checks for HR countries. The issue is about CO allocation for doing these checks.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 3:57 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Santorini
I think everybody here is agreeing and ok with longer checks for HR countries. The issue is about CO allocation for doing these checks.
I don't see any logical reason for delaying allocation though. Its accepted that the checks take longer, and often it won't be known that checks are even needed until the CO has looked at the file - the person could be curently in the UK, but with a long history in a High Risk country for instance. We have had those on BE and they take ages too.
Its far more likely that the CO will start th checks off and then return to the file months later when hopefully the results are back. Having read many agent's opinions on this it really does seem that the mean issue is that the countries themselves take so long to answer, and its that which causes the delays.

Remember, your CO may have started checks on your file many months before you realise that you even have a CO. They won't necessarily contact you, only if they need something. The usual trigger for contact is to ask for Meds/PCC - these only have a life of a year as I'm sure most of you know, so the CO may hold off on the request until the background checks are well underway.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 4:58 am
Just Joined

Santorini is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't see any logical reason for delaying allocation though. Its accepted that the checks take longer, and often it won't be known that checks are even needed until the CO has looked at the file - the person could be curently in the UK, but with a long history in a High Risk country for instance. We have had those on BE and they take ages too.
Its far more likely that the CO will start th checks off and then return to the file months later when hopefully the results are back. Having read many agent's opinions on this it really does seem that the mean issue is that the countries themselves take so long to answer, and its that which causes the delays.

Remember, your CO may have started checks on your file many months before you realise that you even have a CO. They won't necessarily contact you, only if they need something. The usual trigger for contact is to ask for Meds/PCC - these only have a life of a year as I'm sure most of you know, so the CO may hold off on the request until the background checks are well underway.
Thank you very much for the detailed answer. I would be happy to know that there is an honest queue with CO allocations.

I applied online and I'm using documents status as an indicator of existence of CO. All my documents are still showing "Required" status which means nobody has had a look at them. Some documents like IELTS definitely don't require any long checks. Moreover, this is my third long-term Australian visa and I can tell from my previous experience that checks don't take that long for my country, unless something changed recently.

Last edited by Santorini; Oct 2nd 2008 at 5:34 am.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 6:56 am
Just Joined

slatdb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Santorini
Thank you very much for the detailed answer. I would be happy to know that there is an honest queue with CO allocations.

I applied online and I'm using documents status as an indicator of existence of CO. All my documents are still showing "Required" status which means nobody has had a look at them. Some documents like IELTS definitely don't require any long checks. Moreover, this is my third long-term Australian visa and I can tell from my previous experience that checks don't take that long for my country, unless something changed recently.
check http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sh...8abolition.htm and facts/ history http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets you can get some idea.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

Pollyana, you do have a point here. However, in the absence of any concrete information, its only normal that people will keep guessing. We don't know for sure if a pre-CO check is done for high risk country applicants which supposedly delays CO allocation, but what we know for sure is that there are lots of people waiting for their visa for many many months. Lack of transperancy in the process is what sucks and makes people anxious of whats really happening. Worse yet, there is perhaps nothing we can do about it, except perhaps for letting some steam off here.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

sylviaeffendi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mrt
Hi Sylvia,

Unfortunately, if your going on a 175, I think it will be very difficult for you to be in OZ by January unless DIAC really speed up applications for HR countries.

When I applied in February 2008, I thought I would have my 175 visa way before January 2009 but currently I'm not sure that its going to happen. Hence I am now applying for a 457 visa to make it to OZ by January.

cheers

mrt
Hi Mrt,

Sorry that it took me awhile to get back to the forum.

No kidding, im also a 475 to South Australia
If u apply in Feb 08, October will be your 7th month (processing time) i'll make you my benchmark from now on...

Thank you & Best regards,
Sylvia.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TheImmigrant
oh GOD. I am from very high risk country .. LoL .. dont know whats going to happen with me. I will apply in next 2 weeks. I think I should be serious with my job and studies after reading this thread

Sad to see these double standards. The sslowness is the characterstic of Most of all of govt. offices are like that, irrespective of the country.
Yes you are right, just the same old story...
Old Oct 5th 2008, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Livein
People, what are you talking about? The link above refers to a list of medical checks and/or examinations that need to be done by an applicant from the corresponding country. This has nothing to do with waiting times.
Hi Livein,

i guess i was just trying to show broomechick which countries are considered low risk, high risk or even very high risk...

nothing to do with the timeline at all. hope i did not confuse anyone if i did i apologize..

thanks,
Sylvia
Old Oct 5th 2008, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Liz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the rough

Thought I'd join you guys on here to discuss the long wait for a CO, I'm a LR country and have been waiting for 11 months now. My agent contacted DIAC a couple of weeks ago but got a standard reply saying 'you don't have a CO yet and it will be some time yet before you do'. I applied paperbased but if visas were done in date order that shouldn't matter. Really pleased for people who are getting visas really quickly but also feel sickened for myself.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Liz F
Thought I'd join you guys on here to discuss the long wait for a CO, I'm a LR country and have been waiting for 11 months now. My agent contacted DIAC a couple of weeks ago but got a standard reply saying 'you don't have a CO yet and it will be some time yet before you do'. I applied paperbased but if visas were done in date order that shouldn't matter. Really pleased for people who are getting visas really quickly but also feel sickened for myself.
Liz, your delay is likely due to being paper-based. Which visa category are you?
Old Oct 5th 2008, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

Liz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by caliburn
Liz, your delay is likely due to being paper-based. Which visa category are you?
I'm a 175 modl, my point is that its still not fair.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Liz F
I'm a 175 modl, my point is that its still not fair.
I am sorry that yours is delayed, despite being modl. Yours is well past the CO allocation date as published in aspc weekly update. You are entitled to make a complain. I suggest calling them over phone.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

barbiedoll is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by caliburn
I am sorry that yours is delayed, despite being modl. Yours is well past the CO allocation date as published in aspc weekly update. You are entitled to make a complain. I suggest calling them over phone.
will any complain or phone call delay the processing time even more?well that's what my agent told me.feel very depressed here.it's more than 14 months now.my agent to emailed diac few day's ago but no reply yet.i guess we will still get the standard reply
Old Oct 6th 2008, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

volvox is just really nicevolvox is just really nicevolvox is just really nicevolvox is just really nicevolvox is just really nicevolvox is just really nicevolvox is just really nicevolvox is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Is CO Allocation Delayed for High Risk Countries?

For info guys - it has been stated on here in the past by various agents that the reason it takes longer to process applciations from high risk countries is because the checks carried out are usually more detailed.
This is purely because the migration history from certain countries has shown a higher tendency for fraudulent or partially fraudulent applications.
Not suggesting for a moment that the people on here are involved in fraudulent applciations, but the actions of certain of your countryfolk, when applying to migrate in the past, are now having a flow on effect for you guys as DIAC insist on closer checking procedures.
Nothing you can do about it I'm afraid except be patient.
Thanks a lot for clarifying. I agree to the person commented above also, that transparency to an extend would 've prevented these frustrations from arising.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.